shape
carat
color
clarity

Please Help, need advice about how to change the head on a setting!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pennyking

Rough_Rock

I need advice from the professionals. I just purchased a fabulous setting and it is set to fit a marquee cut diamond. However, the diamond that I purchased (I found the setting after I found the diamond I wanted) is a round diamond. I need to know if I will be able to put the round diamond in the marquee setting. Please help, as the diamond I have to go in this setting matches perfectly with the clarity and color of this setting. I don''t really care how the ring will need to be altered to accompany the round shape diamond as opposed to the marquee. I just need to know what I will need to have done to have it work.

Thanks for your help!

setting 4.jpg

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Penny,

It's hard to say without more views, but from this one, it doesn't look like a "peg" head, which could be taken off to put a different one on. The best thing to do is take it to a reputable jeweler and have them look at it.

Also, just an FYI, center diamonds don't have to match perfectly with sidestones. As long as the color differences aren't visable to the eye (up or down a couple grades, maybe more), and the stones are eyeclean, it would be fine. So if this setting won't work, or it would be a lot of money to change it, or you can return it and start over, you should definitely be able to find something else.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results