shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

antiquediamond

Rough_Rock
How much would you pay for this stone and is crown height the same as crown angle? The person I spoke w/ on the phone could not give me the price as it was already mounted in this setting which I want, but we''ll only buy the whole thing together if the price is right... Otherwise we''ll have it made by the designer and purchase a loose stone
www.mwmjewelry.com/Leo-a-sm-jpg

The price I''ve been given for the whole thing is $7595
I don''t know the cost of the setting alone either
similar wedding band goes for $1,199 if that helps
It got a 5 on the cut adviser but I think the crown angle/% I put in was wrong I put 15%

H SI1 1.14
Table: 56%
Depth: 62.4%
Pol/Sym: vg/vg
Fl: none
Culet: I forgot to ask!
Crown ht: 15 (% pr angle)
Pavilion angle: 43%
6.70 x 6.65 x 4.16
Girdle: medium, faceted

antiquediamond

Rough_Rock
oh, and it's GIA and a tolkowsky ideal cut...thanks!!

antiquediamond

Rough_Rock
I have read that crown height is not the same as crown angle. So, how does one calculate the crown angle? Also, anyone care to comment on the stone above? Please...
twirl.gif

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Hi Antique. The 15% is the crown height, not crown angle. When you input that percentage in the HCA, it comes out with a 1.0. Not bad...

Angles are always more accurate than percentages, but even still it looks like it's probably a pretty nice cut. It probably specs out to an AGA 1B, or an AGS 0, excellent rankings.

I couldn't pull up any info on the setting, but I would expect the internet pricing on a (properly graded) diamond like this to be in the $5300 to $5800 neighborhood, with bricks & mortar pricing to be more in the $6000 to $6500 neighborhood, possibly more in some stores.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results