shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me with your opinion and feedback on this Lab Diamond

nocturnaltube

Rough_Rock
Hello Pricescrop members,

I hope I can get some feedback on this lab-grown Radiant diamond I am considering buying for the engagement ring.
My concern is the feather on the edge of the diamond and based on a VVS2, this diamond looks more like a VS1 with the number of inclusions.
The diamond is also been sitting since August 23, 2022. I tried to get another diamond made in October 2022 and it was ideal but it was sold fast while this was still available. Is that a red flag?
Also, most Radiants proportions I've seen has a table around 60 and the depth to be around 63. This one here is 65% Table and 66.8% Depth. Should this be a concern?
I also attached the GIA Report to this thread.

Any feedback and advice will be greatly appreciated.

LABORATORY-GROWN DIAMOND REPORT
August 23, 2022
GIA Report Number.......................................................1445305659
Identification........................................................Laboratory-Grown
Shape and Cutting Style......Cut-Cornered Rectangular Modified
Brilliant
Measurements.............................................10.20 x 7.23 x 4.83 mm
LABORATORY-GROWN DIAMOND SPECIFICATIONS*
Carat Weight....................................................................... 3.01 carat
Color.................................................................................................... E
Clarity........................................................................................... VVS2
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Polish..................................................................................... Excellent
Symmetry............................................................................. Excellent
Fluorescence............................................................................... None
Inscription(s): GIA 1445305659, LABORATORY-GROWN
Comments: Additional growth remnants are not shown.
This is a man-made diamond produced by CVD (Chemical
Vapor Deposition) growth process and has evidence of
post-growth treatments to change the color

thumbnail_301 E VVS2.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 1445305659 301 E VVS2.pdf
    297.5 KB · Views: 8

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I am still learning (after (46 years of professional practice) to understand how people can use table and depth % to asses cut quality.
I need ASET images.
But from the photo this is definitely not a bad stone.

nocturnaltube

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much Garry. I appreciate your feedback. It's hard when I haven't seen the diamond in person yet and just going by specs and the 1 photo. ASET is the first I heard. I will see if this is something the jeweler can provide or go over with me. Thanks again!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
It looks exactly like a real diamond and has the same sparkle and shine. For those looking for good quality diamonds, I recommend them.

Moissanite doesn't have the same sparkle and shine as a diamond... completely different optics and appearance.

To me, these look like rings of unknown quality with a cheap Moissanite mounted to a setting with lab grown diamond melee of unstated specs.

Misleading product descriptions coupled with high prices for what's being offered...the description of these rings is horribly misleading since they word it as "Moissanite round cut lab diamond engagement ring"...playing off of many people's false notion that lab grown diamonds are the same as Moissanite, which the LGD industry (and us diamond enthusiasts) are working hard to undo and actually provide education to consumers so that they can make an actual informed decision instead on one shrouded in confusion and impulsively.

You're seriously trying to peddle this crap here, at PRICESCOPE, of all places? :lol:

Screenshot_20230204-123941-923.png

Last edited:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Moissanite doesn't have the same sparkle and shine as a diamond... completely different optics and appearance.

To me, these look like rings of unknown quality with a cheap Moissanite mounted to a setting with lab grown diamond melee of unstated specs.

Misleading product descriptions coupled with high prices for what's being offered...the description of these rings is horribly misleading since they word it as "Moissanite round cut lab diamond engagement ring"...playing off of many people's false notion that lab grown diamonds are the same as Moissanite, which the LGD industry (and us diamond enthusiasts) are working hard to undo and actually provide education to consumers so that they can make an actual informed decision instead on one shrouded in confusion and impulsively.

You're seriously trying to peddle this crap here, at PRICESCOPE, of all places? :lol:

Screenshot_20230204-123941-923.png

This foolish account is peddling this nonsense on tons of threads. All the posts have been reported. Bye, felicia.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
This foolish account is peddling this nonsense on tons of threads. All the posts have been reported. Bye, felicia.

Yep...my reply was mostly for the benefit of those that are visiting or newcomers to PS and are here to learn. :)
We certainly don't need this bit of drivel that causes confusion here when we're working so hard to educate.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results