shape
carat
color
clarity

Please, help me with this chinese set

Dynamit

Rough_Rock
Hello, everyone!
I would like to thank everybody in advance for all the future help. I have a necklace and earrings purchased in 1940s I believe in China by my uncle. Its been passed on to me. If you could help me identify what hallmarks mean I would really appreciate it. I looked all over internet and the only marks I understand that it has 21K.
I was offered $10K by a jeweler but I would like to find out more before making any decisions.

letters1.jpg

letters2.jpg

letters3.jpg

letters4.jpg

Dynamit

Rough_Rock
Here is a picture of the whole set

_7387.jpg

Dynamit

Rough_Rock
Nobody has any ideas? Like what year is it from?

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
You need to take it to an appraiser to determine what stones, any treatments, type of metal composition, etc. to even guess at what it is worth or when it was from.

hippi_pixi

Brilliant_Rock
im no help except to say they look lovely!

Hera

Ideal_Rock
Edited: I would suggest an appraiser as well. Are you trying to get info on the markings because you're trying to sell it and need more info?

Dynamit

Rough_Rock
I was offered $10K in a different country by a jeweler. His offer was fast so I'm thinking that it might be worth more. I might sell it, I might keep it. Depends on what I find out about it.

Hera

Ideal_Rock
So far I think 10k was a great offer. Some of the value is going to come from those gemstones and the weight of the gold. Do you know what the gemstones are?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dynamit,
Not to offend but you have asked this question in the past and was advised to find out what the stones are, since they affect the total value of the set. I take it you still do not have this information?

Dynamit

Rough_Rock
The largest one is a sapphire about 13mm by 13mm and the small ones are all rubies. The whole set weighs about 41 grams

Hera

Ideal_Rock
Chrono's right, you need to have someone look at it.

The sapphire is very dark so I don't see a lot of value in that stone. The Art Deco period used a lot of synthetic gems so it wouldn't be uncommon for those to be synthetic. It might be worthwhile to have the biggest stones unset and sent to a gem lab.

The thing that strikes me a little strange is that you mention they bought this piece in the 40's but the pieces look earlier to me-early 1900's kind of era. A closeup of the stones could show the faceting of the stones and perhaps date the piece a little better.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dynamit|1372200100|3472270 said:
The largest one is a sapphire about 13mm by 13mm and the small ones are all rubies. The whole set weighs about 41 grams

But is it natural or synthetic? Are they treated or untreated? You'll need proof of these, not just a verbal from a jeweller who eyeballed them.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results