shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me with this AVC (August Vintage Cushion) specs!

lorimiow

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone! I've learned so much on PS from you all, esp regarding RBs. I'm currently looking for a AVC as my graduation gift and need some advice from you all! Please let me know what you think of this stone. Specifically, what do you think about its ASET and DiamXray images, and also the clarity plot? Should I worry about the placements of the feathers? Thank you so much in advance!!! :appl:

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/7808/

Shape: Cushion
Carat Weight: 0.92ct
Color: M
Clarity: SI1
Optical Symmetry: August Vintage
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Fluorescence: Strong
Culet: Large
Lab Report: AGS
Width: 5.65mm
Length: 5.95mm
Depth: 3.87mm
Table Percentage: 47.76%
Depth Percentage: 68.50%
Crown ∠: 40.74°
Crown Depth: 21.49%
Pavilion ∠: 38.97°
Pavilion Depth: 37.85%

lorimiow

Rough_Rock
Re: Please help me with this AVC (August Vintage Cushion) sp

And also, I noticed that the girdle is thin-extremely thick. I understand that with a RB I would want it to be thin-thick -- does the same apply to AVCs? Thanks!!

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium

That is a beauty of a stone! As far as the girdle goes the AVC are cut for light performance while still keeping the "vintage" chunky character to it so that may vary stone by stone. How do you plan on setting it? You're going to be very pleased with the AVC and it will blow you away when you finally see one in person. I saw videos/pictures before mine arrived and it knocked my socks off (and all the other stones I'd looked at in the stores didn't even compare at all).

Good luck!

lorimiow

Rough_Rock

Thank you so much VintageLover! I'm so excited about getting my own AVC! :) Yah I guess I'll just have to see how the girdle looks in person...

sdrcush

Rough_Rock
Trade

Ditto here about the cut...you will be absolutely blown away!

Regarding the clarity, just make sure that the stone is eye-clean. I'm sure they will give you an honest answer.

Just make sure you are ok with the warm color. It's a matter of personal preference, many posters on here embrace the warmth, while others prefer a more colorless diamond.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It is hard to go wrong with an AVC! By all means ask if it is eyeclean, but the inclusions look like they are mostly off to the side on the magnified images, so that is a good sign! I see that there is also a .93 M SI1, so I would ask them to compare the two regarding how the look in general and for clarity.

lorimiow

Rough_Rock

Thanks sdrcush and diamondseeker!

Yes, I'm looking for a warm stone after seeing all those beauties on PS :love:

GOG told me that it's eye clean, and that the feathers don't break the surface -- that makes me feel much better.
Yes, I've thought about the .93ct M too -- but I'm looking for EX/EX Polish and Symmetry, thanks for the suggestion though!

So right now my concerns are that the girdle has a part that is extremely thick,
and that it has strong blue fluorescence -- I'm gonna call again today to have them check on that for me.

I thought I would attach some images of the stone from GOG. Please let me know if I should be concerned about anything else before having it shipped to me :) Thanks much!

lorimiow

Rough_Rock

Oops, didn't quite know how to upload photos -- here they are :)

pic1.jpg

ASET.jpg

LTSC.jpg

lorimiow

Rough_Rock

Just an update -- the AVC is really pretty, and I loved the M color! Now that I've seen the M color, I would even go lower so that it has this buttery look even facing up in the daylight. Jon is such a sweet person too :twirl:

However, AVCs really faces up quite small... with a M color stone, I'm not comfortable with haloing it either.
So in the end I decided to send it back. I'm now getting a 0.6ct F color H&A round instead with the intention of haloing it down the road. It will be my forever stone for my graduation :appl:

Hopefully someday I can save up enough money to get a 1.3-1.5ct N to P color AVC!

Thanks for all of your help!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I agree with you that the larger the AVC, the more one can appreciate the beautiful cutting. I did love a pendant someone made recently with less than a carat, but it did have a halo. The round stone will be a great choice, too!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results