shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me with a value on this ring. Thank you.....

Rebekah77877

Rough_Rock
Hello, I am looking to sell my old ring at a Pawn shop sometime this week. I have never even been inside of a pawn shop and never really wanted to sell this ring. Times are tough, and I really need some cash. I do not want to be ripped off, so I was hoping someone could give me a rough estimate on this ring. The band is in terrible shape, but from what I understand they just melt that down most of the time. I don't have any of the papers for the ring, it was purchased from a jewelry store in 1999 and I wore it until 2006. It has seen better days. I know that the band is platinum and the diamond is .5ct and I have no idea about the little accent stones on the side. There are also two small imperfections inside the diamond. I think they were described as carbon rings. We paid 2600 in 1999. I really appreciate any assistance. If it is worth a dollar, that is fine....I just want someone to tell me that before I walk into a pawn show.

securedownload2.jpg

securedownload.jpg

securedownload3.jpg

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
well if you want to pawn it, you will get ripped off. but it's the fastest way to get cash

Rebekah77877

Rough_Rock
I know, I hate the idea of pawning it....but that is what has to happen. I just don't want to look like a fool when I walk in there. If it is worth nothing....I would just like to know that first.

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Have you tried checking with a diamond buyer? Some BM's will purchase diamonds. You could also try some places like ebay or craigslist. Listing it on ebay and letting the public decide what it is worth would fetch you more than any pawn shop. Good Luck!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
a pawn shop will weigh it and give you a scrap value for the metal and diamonds. I'd guess you might get $100 but that is just a guess. Some pawn shops actually have a fairly nice jewelry area so it's possible they may not even take it. You would probably get more selling a different way but you'd have to spend money getting the ring fixed in order to do that and if you are looking for quick cash that probably isn't the way to go. I've sold a few things at a pawn shop just b/c I didn't want to deal with the hassle or wait of consignment. It wouldn't hurt to take it into one and see what they will offer. You don't have to accept :))

Rebekah77877

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for you help, I took it today and got 200 for it. I was happy with that. I also took some old scrap gold and other junk stuff I had laying around and walked out with 400 bucks......that is exactly what I needed.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rebekah77877|1308860942|2953214 said:
Thanks everyone for you help, I took it today and got 200 for it. I was happy with that. I also took some old scrap gold and other junk stuff I had laying around and walked out with 400 bucks......that is exactly what I needed.

Great! I really think $200 was pretty good considering pawn shops give you pretty much nothing. Hope things look up for you soon.

Rebekah77877

Rough_Rock
I was pretty suprised myself, someone told me to go to this place....that they will give me top dollar. It was in a really bad part of town...but it was worth it in the end. I know things will look up for me soon. I am a single mom, and I am a full time Nursing Student. Plan was to have a job when summer started....but it took a lot longer to find one then I had thought. I got a great job, but can't start until July 5th. I hope to never walk into another Pawn shop again....LOL

suchende

Brilliant_Rock
Rebekah77877|1308891156|2953790 said:
I was pretty suprised myself, someone told me to go to this place....that they will give me top dollar. It was in a really bad part of town...but it was worth it in the end. I know things will look up for me soon. I am a single mom, and I am a full time Nursing Student. Plan was to have a job when summer started....but it took a lot longer to find one then I had thought. I got a great job, but can't start until July 5th. I hope to never walk into another Pawn shop again....LOL
Then I am especially glad this story had a happy ending :)

CushionCutie

Rough_Rock
Aww well I'm sending you good luck and fortune your way! Stay positive and positive things will happen! :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results