shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me with a decision!

jso72

Rough_Rock
Yes or no? It would be for my 50th..I feel like maybe it's gaudy? Is that sacrilege?

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty! Congrats!

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
YES!!!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely! Looking forward to more pics!

jso72

Rough_Rock
Thank you all! I'm sooo happy with it! It's not as big as I thought it would be/feel. I had them put the pendant on a small dbty chain that I can wear by itself & all under budget! 20220115_153206.jpg 20220115_150020.jpg 20220115_153153.jpg I 20220115_170721.jpg

Attachments

• 20220115_145839.jpg
    20220115_145839.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 13

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all! I'm sooo happy with it! It's not as big as I thought it would be/feel. I had them put the pendant on a small dbty chain that I can wear by itself & all under budget! 20220115_153206.jpg 20220115_150020.jpg 20220115_153153.jpg I 20220115_170721.jpg

Holy moly that’s amazing! I love it! What are the specs of the diamonds / metal?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes to both as I believe they are lovely.

DK :kiss2:

jso72

Rough_Rock
All oecs except the chain. :)

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful set and a very happy birthday to you!! So happy you bought them!! Enjoy!

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
yes yes yes yes!! beautiful happy birthday!

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love them both! The dbty chain is so fitting for the pendant, it gives it a special vintage vibe. They both look great on you!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Birthday! Also I love that while you were initially worried about it looking gaudy, you doubled down on the bling by putting the pendant on a DBTY chain. That’s brilliant! :cool2:

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Happy birthday and not gaudy at all!!!

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
Happy big-birthday, and this is gorgeous, rather than gaudy! The pendant and chain are swoon-worthy, in particular. Congrats all 'round!

jso72

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for the birthday wishes! I was planning on a 5 stone band for my b-day so this was out of left field! Both are way bigger then I usually wear but sooo sparkly. Once we put the pendant on the dbty chain there was no going back! And I think I can still swing a 5 stone band! Or diamond jackets for my studs to match!! The hunt begins!!

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you all for the birthday wishes! I was planning on a 5 stone band for my b-day so this was out of left field! Both are way bigger then I usually wear but sooo sparkly. Once we put the pendant on the dbty chain there was no going back! And I think I can still swing a 5 stone band! Or diamond jackets for my studs to match!! The hunt begins!!

I think these two antique pieces would really anchor a collection and give you room for buying a band or earrings etc. 50 years requires something really special and this is it.

PS, I’d love to hear your decision making process from the start. Like, are these the first old cuts you’ve owned? When did you decide you wanted antique cut stones, what was your inspiration? Where did you connect with these pieces (you don’t have to tell specific name of store) but did you have a favorite antique vendor that you found these in, or was this serendipity? I’m also curious what inspired you to pick a dbty chain, which really is perfect.

rcjtraveler

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous pieces. Happy birthday! Wear them in good health for many years to come.

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a great way to celebrate being halfway to 100!! Amazing ring and pendant and genius pairing it with the dbty chain ❣️

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Happy Birthday and Congrats on the two gorgeous new pieces!

jso72

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for the birthday wishes! I went food shopping this morning just for the lights! ;-)

jso72

Rough_Rock
I think these two antique pieces would really anchor a collection and give you room for buying a band or earrings etc. 50 years requires something really special and this is it.

PS, I’d love to hear your decision making process from the start. Like, are these the first old cuts you’ve owned? When did you decide you wanted antique cut stones, what was your inspiration? Where did you connect with these pieces (you don’t have to tell specific name of store) but did you have a favorite antique vendor that you found these in, or was this serendipity? I’m also curious what inspired you to pick a dbty chain, which really is perfect.
I was given my Grandma's rings when I was young & I was hooked on vintage! My engagement/wedding band were art deco found at jewelry/pawn shops. Same with my upgrade a couple of years ago. I buy alot from etsy, rubylane, ebay, loupetroop & psers but I try to check in at the pawn shops when I am looking for a piece. Yesterday I was in the area so figured I would stop in & check if they had any 5 stone bands & couldn't get near the vintage pieces so looked at the dbty necklaces. Finally got to the vintage area saw the ring & pendant. I loved both of them but really thought the ring was (mm wise) way to big for me. So I left saying I would think about it. Second guessed the whole way home lol showed pics to my family (which honestly is no help) started to drive back & turned around went back home. Posted on pricescope cause ya'all do understand & then panicked because I thought someone else was gonna buy it before I could get back! So back I went. Started talking to the owners wife & while waiting for a time frame on sizing we looked at the dbty necklaces again (they had a really nice juicy one) & when we put the pendant on the dbty chain it was perfect. Long, long story to say it was serendipity!

jso72

Rough_Rock
The 2 top rings were my Grandma's.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results