shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me understand a Sarin?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

icelovr

Shiny_Rock
I am looking for a stone and several vendors have given me information on table and depth - I have learned (thanks to the cut advisor) to get the Sarin and get the crown and pav. angles - Today I rec''d information w/ a range for the crown (33.8-35.0) and for the pav. (39.7-41.0). When I asked the vendor he said the angle changes and the Sarin gives a range - I just need to average the two and get the value...could this really be? - when I put in one combo from the range on the cut advisor - the stone isn''t so great, but when I put in the average (34.4 and 40.4), it''s just what I am looking for...which is accurate?
Any help would be appreciated -
confused.gif

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Icelovr:

There are different reasons why Sarin measures different angles for different facets. Slight tilt of the table can be one of them.

What is more important is average angles of the opposite facets as well as consistency of the girdle.

Check BrianTheCutter and Cut Nut posts in this thread for example: DiamCalc Request.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results