shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me to choose a MMD for my e-ring!

PinkPfeiffer

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I am a novice! I am looking at two MMD's for my e.ring. I've done a little bit of research. So far, I am down to two MMD's. Both are 0.9 carats and both score 2.2 on the HCA scale...

The first diamond is a little cheaper:
Colour: E
Cut: Excellent
Clarity: SI1

Depth: 56.5
Table: 57
Crown 13.5
Pavillion 43
FactorGrade
Light Return:Very Good
Fire:Very Good
Scintillation:Very Good
Spread:Excellent

The second diamond is £300.00 more:
Hearts and arrows
Colour G
Cut: Ideal
Clarity: VVS2

Depth: 58.5
Table: 55.5
Crown 15.5
Pavillion 43
FactorGrade
Light Return:Very Good
Fire:Very Good
Scintillation:Very Good
Spread:Excellent

Do I go for the diamond with the excellent cut or Hearts and arrows?

Thank you so much in advance!!

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
Can you double check the stats on these? If they are MRBs they are both exceptionally shallow cut and I would personally rule them out on that alone.
There are some decent 60/60 diamonds out there (60 depth with 60 table) but those need to be evaluated on an individual basis, and are a different “flavor” of diamond than the traditional TIC cut most people lean towards.

PinkPfeiffer

Rough_Rock
Ohh!! I think I miscalculated as I added the crown and pavilion together. That means my HCA score is also wrong. I tried to do the score again but it says the girdle is overly thick. I'm not sure if I have done it incorrectly. I've managed to take a screenshot of the diamond stats, maybe it will be clearer. Screenshot 2021-01-16 at 18.45.10.png

Thanks again

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-01-16 at 18.45.00.png
    Screenshot 2021-01-16 at 18.45.00.png
    54 KB · Views: 21

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
Ohh!! I think I miscalculated as I added the crown and pavilion together. That means my HCA score is also wrong. I tried to do the score again but it says the girdle is overly thick. I'm not sure if I have done it incorrectly. I've managed to take a screenshot of the diamond stats, maybe it will be clearer. Screenshot 2021-01-16 at 18.45.10.png

Thanks again
On paper, I much prefer the angles of G. Do you have any pics/videos?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results