shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me take a look at this Diamond. Thanks a lot....

johnnyxu2k2

Rough_Rock
Hi..Everybody... This is my first time buying a diamond. And this is THE diamond. So please help me take a look at it and let me know if it's worth it. Thanks GIA certification, asking 7000 OBO. Thanks.

ROUND BRILLIANT

Measurements 6.74 - 6.78 x 4.30 mm
Carat Weight 1.22 carat
Color Grade H
Clarity Grade VS1
Cut Grade Very Good
Polish Very Good
Symmetry Very Good

PROPORTIONS

Depth 63.6 %
Table 57 %
Crown Angle 36.0°
Crown Height 15.5%
Pavilion Angle 41.4°
Pavilion Depth 44.0%
Star Length 55%
Lower Half 80%

FLUORESCENCE
Fluorescence None

The depth is what i'm worried about. I did some research on the site about proportions. The perfect depth should be around 59-62 with 55-57 table. This diamond's depth is way out of this range. I'm worried it's going to have a lot of light leakage to the bottom half of the diamond. I think what I want to confirm is, is this diamond cut proportion somewhat okay with reflecting light. Thanks

Megenoita

Rough_Rock
Re: Please help me take a look at this Diamond. Thanks a lot

I personally wouldn't choose a VG/VG/VG for "the" diamond. Why wouldn't you choose an Ex/Ex/Ex? Also, I'd rather have H VS2 3-EX than H VS1 3-VG. The price on the stone you found is good, but its cut parameters indicate through the Holloway Cut Advisor (HCA) that it may not be the best performer for what you want. I also don't like the depth over 63, even in diamonds where the light return is still excellent. I just like a better spread (diameter for weight).

Whatever diamond you buy, make sure you ascertain that it is not a brown (top top light brown) or other non-yellow hue, and make sure the transparency is good. There are a lot of holes in reports that don't tell the whole story, so make sure you see the diamond in person and have a reputable jeweler evaluate it with you.

In short, I'd definitely pass on this diamond, get a 3-Ex (even I good SI2 for me is better than H VS1 3-VG) and maximize cut first--top of 3-Ex, like a top Hearts and Arrows cut. Then let color/clarity and even carat weight fall behind that.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results