shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me pick out a round cut diamond!

yesimazn

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone,

Please help me find a good lab grown diamond!

looking for around 2-2.5 carat, was hoping to stay within $3500 range but my budget can move up for the right diamond! D-G color

I keep looking at articles saying don’t get post treated diamond because it will look cloudy? But everything I’m able to find it saids it might include post treatment.

I guess none of it really matters, just want something that’s nice for the wife!

thank you so much!!

yesimazn

Rough_Rock
I guess could go bigger too, I just don’t know what to go for, just a nice round diamond..

yesimazn

Rough_Rock
I think my budget is high? I see some good ones for only around 1000?

yesimazn

Rough_Rock
@DejaWiz I saw your post at diamonds from loosegrowndiamond their price seem really good, can you find me something good? I wanna go crazy with their 5 carat diamonds but it seems like it would be too big for my wife. She’s super skinny.. I think anything more than 3 would look too big on her. Thank you again for your help!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you still online? I have a few beautiful options for you, but I don't want a lurker to snap it up before you can put one on hold or buy one.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

yesimazn

Rough_Rock
I am! What do you think about this one?

yesimazn

Rough_Rock

What do you think about the one I posted? It’s 3 carat, but the pricing seems super attractive

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What do you think about the one I posted? It’s 3 carat, but the pricing seems super attractive

It's actually pretty well cut, but it has blue nuance.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you aren't looking for super ideal cut, this one is very nice and priced quite well.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Check out the three I posted above as well. The cut on those seem top-notch to my eyes.

yesimazn

Rough_Rock
It's actually pretty well cut, but it has blue nuance.

What’s blue nuance? Sorry. I’m pretty new.

Thanks for the choices! I’m okay if we downgrade the clarity / color a little bit for a better deal . Do you have anything else in mind 2.5-3? But around the 1300$ price point lol just a sucker for good deals .

yesimazn

Rough_Rock
Check out the three I posted above as well. The cut on those seem top-notch to my eyes.

I did.. I’m just wondering if should spend almost twice as much for similar size.. since im not looking for it to hold value or anything it doesn’t need to be D color or vvs just something nice, and brilliance, for the wife

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What’s blue nuance? Sorry. I’m pretty new.

Thanks for the choices! I’m okay if we downgrade the clarity / color a little bit for a better deal . Do you have anything else in mind 2.5-3? But around the 1300$ price point lol just a sucker for good deals .

Blue nuance occurs in HPHT Type IIb diamonds, which have the presence of boron. When you look at the diamond from the side in the videos, you can usually spot a blue hue, especially in lower colors. IGI doesn't disclose blue nuance unless the diamond is G color or below.

I couldn't find any great diamonds around $1300, even lowering the color and clarity.

yesimazn

Rough_Rock
Blue nuance occurs in HPHT Type IIb diamonds, which have the presence of boron. When you look at the diamond from the side in the videos, you can usually spot a blue hue, especially in lower colors. IGI doesn't disclose blue nuance unless the diamond is G color or below.

I couldn't find any great diamonds around $1300, even lowering the color and clarity.

I see I see thank you! Which one is the best cut you recommend? I’ll take the one you recommend :)

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the 2.63 D and 2.61 E.

I just ran another search to see if I missed anything. There's a beautifully cut stone that I really want to recommend, but it may have slight blue nuance.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also suggest reconsidering the 3.02 F. It really is very nicely cut, and the price is under $1800.

I'll be back tomorrow, but hopefully you have enough options here to make a decision. :))

yesimazn

Rough_Rock
I also suggest reconsidering the 3.02 F. It really is very nicely cut, and the price is under $1800.

I'll be back tomorrow, but hopefully you have enough options here to make a decision. :))

I can’t decide on the 4 that you pick :(. lol. If you have to pick one which one would you pick. The under$1800 looks great but if the others are cut better? Can I tell the difference with my naked eyes? Lol

0-0-0

Brilliant_Rock
Most people are not going to be able to spot the cut differences between them unless they are side by side. The size difference between 2.6 and 3 ct would be more obvious. If you are color sensitive you may also notice the color difference between D and F.

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
is this a surprise? Can you ask your wife?

If you like the 3.02 F, I recommend at least putting it on hold before a lurker swipes it. They can be very sneaky!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with 0-0-0.

If you're not color-sensitive, I would get the 3.02 F. And like 0515vision said, definitely put it on hold while you're thinking about it!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

yesimazn

Rough_Rock
Did you make a decision, yesimazn?

I have not unfortunately, I was thinking 3 ct might be a bit big for my wife, otherwise I would’ve picked the 3ct one. She js 90 lb with 3.75 ring size . I bought a dummy one on Amazon to try on her when she’s sleeping

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
We get used to diamond size *very* quickly. I think a 3ct on her will provide amazing finger coverage. I got used to my 2.17ct really fast … faster than I expected.

For reference, here’s my 2.17 cushion on my size 3 and 4.50 fingers, and I’m 100lbs. It’s 8.37x6.99mm.

And you’re so sweet to go to all these lengths to surprise her! She’s a lucky woman.

IMG_7108.jpeg IMG_7107.jpeg

yesimazn

Rough_Rock
Did you make a decision, yesimazn?

oh no!!! I finally got the dummy diamond and it looked good on her, I went to order it and it’s sold!!!!! :/ any way you can help me find another?? Around 2.6-3. I think the 3 you found was perfect!!

yesimazn

Rough_Rock
I asked them to put it on hold.. they said they will help me ask the supplier. and now they said i needed to place an order to put stuff on hold. and this diamond is not available :(

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh no!!! I finally got the dummy diamond and it looked good on her, I went to order it and it’s sold!!!!! :/ any way you can help me find another?? Around 2.6-3. I think the 3 you found was perfect!!

I found one that costs less and has the same diameter as the 3.02. Let me know when you're online and ready to buy.

yesimazn

Rough_Rock
I found one that costs less and has the same diameter as the 3.02. Let me know when you're online and ready to buy.

I’m ready!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you still there?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results