shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me pick a diamond from BlueNile

yesimazn

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone,
Im clueless when it comes down to diamonds.. I used the diamond search it mainly shows james allen, I'm upgrading the diamond so it has to be blue nile, price point needs to be $14000+. I failed when i bought the last ring... It saids its excellent cut, but reading through the forums i know its not.
Can someone please help me find a 2Carat+ diamond, eye clean, with excellent cut on blue nile? Something that you think its a good deal! thank you!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

yesimazn

Rough_Rock

the bottom one looks great!... will J look too yellow? since my wife likes Halo style, i read it somewhere that the small diamonds is usually much whiter so you want a whiter center stone.

sorry for throwing a curve ball, but after consideration.. theres 2 routes i can go, im leaning towards the 2nd so I don't have to drop too much money now and it will be really hard to do the next upgrade.

1) originally I was planning on trading the old diamond ~7k and get her something 14-16k (need to double the previous diamond per blue nile) but the next upgrade will be 30k+ :/

2) I'm thinking now maybe I can get her a 2-4k diamond 1 carat this time, and Ill just upgrade both together next time ? it will be ~7k+4k = ~11k. doubling it will be 22k which is much more doable.

with that said! can you help me find something around 1carat :D sorry for the trouble! but I had such a bad experience with the previous diamond I think i have a fear or picking out diamonds LOL.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You need to talk to Blue Nile first to see if you can trade in two stones and upgrade to 1 stone. Make sure that is allowable.

yesimazn

Rough_Rock
You need to talk to Blue Nile first to see if you can trade in two stones and upgrade to 1 stone. Make sure that is allowable.
Thank you! I just did and they said ok! as long as the new diamond or diamonds is twice as much value as the old one

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So what are your plans for the 1 carat? Pendant? You never gave us a color preference so I guess its based more on what the budget is.

I'm not finding anything that I'd say is perfect but maybe close enough since you plan on trading it in. Most of these are SI1s with
a little something on the table or not very crisp looking under the table (might be just the way the photo was taken...but might not).
Since this is not a "forever" stone not sure how picky you are with it. Hopefully, other PSers can find some more stones.
Here is what I found:

TXwidow

Shiny_Rock
the bottom one looks great!... will J look too yellow? since my wife likes Halo style, i read it somewhere that the small diamonds is usually much whiter so you want a whiter center stone.

sorry for throwing a curve ball, but after consideration.. theres 2 routes i can go, im leaning towards the 2nd so I don't have to drop too much money now and it will be really hard to do the next upgrade.

1) originally I was planning on trading the old diamond ~7k and get her something 14-16k (need to double the previous diamond per blue nile) but the next upgrade will be 30k+ :/

2) I'm thinking now maybe I can get her a 2-4k diamond 1 carat this time, and Ill just upgrade both together next time ? it will be ~7k+4k = ~11k. doubling it will be 22k which is much more doable.

with that said! can you help me find something around 1carat :D sorry for the trouble! but I had such a bad experience with the previous diamond I think i have a fear or picking out diamonds LOL.

or you could just forget Blue Nile, spend the 4K at Whiteflash, gradually upgrading to wherever you determine max$$ and max size. Their upgrade policy is tons better than Blue Nile. Sell the Blue Nile stone or reset as a pendant.

yesimazn

Rough_Rock
So what are your plans for the 1 carat? Pendant? You never gave us a color preference so I guess its based more on what the budget is.

I'm not finding anything that I'd say is perfect but maybe close enough since you plan on trading it in. Most of these are SI1s with
a little something on the table or not very crisp looking under the table (might be just the way the photo was taken...but might not).
Since this is not a "forever" stone not sure how picky you are with it. Hopefully, other PSers can find some more stones.
Here is what I found:

Im looking at the 1st one.. have it on hold. I'm fine with SI1. just want to see if there's any better option before I pull the trigger :D. my only concern is my wife like Halo setting.. will the small diamond in the diamond make the J color look too yellow?

yesimazn

Rough_Rock

Here is what I found:

the first one looks great.. anyway i can find a color H or G with similar specs and under 4k :D

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
the first one looks great.. anyway i can find a color H or G with similar specs and under 4k :D

I think you'll need to delve into the secondhand market and hope to get very lucky or shop LGD.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results