shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me make the decision of a lifetime...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jeasher

Rough_Rock
So I want to propose to my beautiful girlfriend. I have a friend in the business and he hooked me up with two rings and I need to make a choice. The first ring is 1.14 CT, SI1 clarity, H color and Ideal cut: $5000. The second ring is 1.30 CT. SI2, J color and Ideal cut: $3700. The extra $1300 won't kill me but it's still $1300. Both are gorgeous stones but the 1.14 has "it." The J color is also a minor concern, after seeing the H next to it the yellow seems to stand out. So here is the question: am I better off saving the dough and taking my honey to Mexico (we're gonna go anyway), or should I take advantage of the nice pricing and sack up and go for the better stone. You make the call.

Thank you.

slmulkey

Shiny_Rock
I would go with the better stone. But I suppose this decision depends more on what you think that your girlfriend would prefer, more money for your vacation, or a nicer stone for her ring. Or, you could try a smaller stone so that the higher color and clarity grades would be more affordable. Best of luck to you!

diamondlaw

Rough_Rock
Yeah deffinattly go with the better stone i mean down the road whats $1300 going to mean. Dont be cheap. Seems like a good store price to me. GOOD LUCK!!

rsilvers

Shiny_Rock
The $5000 one seems like a deal. The price is good, it seems. Hard to tell for sure without knowing the cut details or if the color and clarity specs are accurate (an AGS or GIA can sometimes be two grades better than some other certifications with the same claims). If the table is under 58% and the depth is under 62 and it looked good in person and under a loupe the inclusions were not huge then I would get it.

jeasher

Rough_Rock
Thanks guys, I was kind of thinking the same thing. I am just not about the J color of the second stone.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results