shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me look for a mate for my diamond!

Minx7891

Rough_Rock
@Kim N @DejaWiz, may I ask for your insight once more?

A few weeks ago I purchased a beautiful stone with Kim’s help. Thank you Kim! My plan was to set it into a solitaire. While I looked through settings for inspiration I had a change of heart. I decided I would rather upgrade my studs instead! My current studs are 1.5ctw and I’ve been thinking of a larger pair for some time. The stone I recently purchased is 1.87ct. I thought that size would be much too large for the ears. Well I don’t anymore. lol I’m going to go for it!

Now here comes the tricky part…finding a match! I know it’s much preferable to look for both diamonds at the same time rather than find a match for an existing one.

I’m looking for a well cut HPHT diamond that’s similar in size and color (7.8-7.9mm, D-F). Is that doable with a budget of $1000-1200? I paid a bit more for the one I just purchased so I know I have to be flexible somewhere. So perhaps SI clarity if VS is not an option?

This is the stats on the I recently purchased.

Attachments

• IMG_2005.jpeg
    IMG_2005.jpeg
    82.2 KB · Views: 7

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Hello, Minx7891!
I found a great match - let me know when you're ready for the link so that you can move fast on it.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
I’m ready!

Here you go!
0.06mm difference - you're not going to be able to discern that, especially with them on opposite sides of your head. :)

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm late to the thread, but yay for the match! So... shall we look for a new solitaire stone for you as well? :bigsmile:

Minx7891

Rough_Rock
I'm late to the thread, but yay for the match! So... shall we look for a new solitaire stone for you as well? :bigsmile:

I was actually just thinking about the solitaire lol . Just a few weeks ago I was asking your opinion on a 1.5ct diamond. In the end I went with a larger one thinking this thing is going to be so blingy! Now I’m thinking I might have to go even bigger for the solitaire!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
I was actually just thinking about the solitaire lol . Just a few weeks ago I was asking your opinion on a 1.5ct diamond. In the end I went with a larger one thinking this thing is going to be so blingy! Now I’m thinking I might have to go even bigger for the solitaire!

We'll find ya some great 8-10 carat options to pick from!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results