shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me identify this ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JSRNM

Shiny_Rock
What is the name of this ring or ring style? Does anyone have hand shots with this or a similar style ring? Thank you very much for your help.

pgring.jpg

dinamit

Shiny_Rock
I believe it''s Tiffany but I could be wrond. I don''t know the name, sorry, I''m not much help.

dinamit

JSRNM

Shiny_Rock
I can not find it on tiffany''s website do you know about when it was available? THanks

KittyBling

Shiny_Rock
but i thought Tiffany doesn''t sell just the setting
33.gif
33.gif

joy2theworld

Shiny_Rock
That is the ring... It isn''t a setting. However, you will sometimes find Tiffany settings for sale where people have removed the center stone for another ring or something. I''ve run across a few of those.

KittyBling

Shiny_Rock
oohh i just looked at it again, i thought the centre diamond was missing LOL! i was thinking it was an empty halo setting

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/27/2009 10:40:56 PM
Author: KittyBling
oohh i just looked at it again, i thought the centre diamond was missing LOL! i was thinking it was an empty halo setting
It is an unusual design. . .kinda makes a person look twice at the center.
2.gif

JSRNM

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/27/2009 11:54:17 PM
Author: MC

It is an unusual design. . .kinda makes a person look twice at the center.
2.gif

That is what is bothering me. I thought about buying this from Singed Pieces for my daughter but then I keep looking at it and wondering does it just look to incomplete. A hand shot would go along way,

No on knows the style name do they?

thanks everyone for your help.

freefly

Shiny_Rock
I have this ring, along with the square version they made. I''ll see if I can find time to take some pics and post. By itself it''s kind of a small ring, but I wear it stacked with the square one and it''s a fun look. I don''t think they had a style name for it. I''ll try to post pics later tonight, I''ve got to go into work now....

dinamit

Shiny_Rock
Hello again JSRNM, I''m sorry, I don''t know what that style is called. Perhaps you could speak to someone at Signed Pieces or Tiffany''s?

To me that ring doesn''t look incomplete at all and I think it would make a wonderful gift for a daughter, but then again I like contemporary styles. Funny, I would never think it''s a halo setting with no center stone, but I guess we expect what are used to seeing; it might look ''empty'' to those accustomed to halos and more traditional styles, but to me it just looks like a statement piece.

dinamit

Gleam

Brilliant_Rock
I swear I saw this exact ring on the Tiffany website about a month ago. They also have other versions of this (where the center is basically hallowed out), such as a star. The star one is still on the website.

I wonder if you can still find it in retail stores, but maybe it''s just not on the website anymore?

I agree that it has a kind of odd incomplete look.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Aren''t you tempted to buy it and add a center stone?
31.gif

JSRNM

Shiny_Rock
Freefly- I would love to see photos of your ring on. I would be buying it for my teenage daughter so modern and fun is important. I have no idea the scale of the ring as the photos I have seen are all huge. Do you mind my asking when you bought your ring? Signed Pieces is asking $775 for the ring, do you think this is a good price?

dinamit- I have seen so many halos on this sight that I think I assume everything has a halo. LOL Personally I do not care for halos, I like either a modern or a classic look.

Gleam- no Tiffany''s stores near us. I good thing else my dd would spend her college found there. So I only have the internet to rely on.

Thanks everyone for being so helpful, I really appreciate it.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! I thought it WAS missing the center stone!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Same here. I thought it was just a generic halo setting minus the center stone.
3.gif

freefly

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/28/2009 3:36:10 PM
Author: JSRNM
Freefly- I would love to see photos of your ring on. I would be buying it for my teenage daughter so modern and fun is important. I have no idea the scale of the ring as the photos I have seen are all huge. Do you mind my asking when you bought your ring? Signed Pieces is asking $775 for the ring, do you think this is a good price?

dinamit- I have seen so many halos on this sight that I think I assume everything has a halo. LOL Personally I do not care for halos, I like either a modern or a classic look.

Gleam- no Tiffany''s stores near us. I good thing else my dd would spend her college found there. So I only have the internet to rely on.

Thanks everyone for being so helpful, I really appreciate it.
Hi, sorry it took me so long to post, I just got back from work. This is a picture of the two rings together on my forefinger, with my new Sally diamond ring for comparison in size. My forefinger is a size 6.5, the ring finger is a size 4. Sorry for my dry hands!

DSC00653.JPG

freefly

Shiny_Rock
Here''s another....

DSC00651.JPG

freefly

Shiny_Rock
Hope that helps. I think they just discontinued it, but it was retailed at $1700, and I think they had it until just a few months ago? I think it would be a great ring for your daughter. What a great mom!

JSRNM

Shiny_Rock
Firefly- Thank you so much for the hand shot. The rings look great on you. I love the square one. Nice to know the pricing and timing. NIce to know it is fairly current. Thanks again for your help.

freefly

Shiny_Rock
You''re welcome, glad i could help.
36.gif

dinamit

Shiny_Rock
JSRNM, I can see you like contemporary from your avatar
1.gif
; I was commenting on the OP''s impressions of the ring. I think the Signed Pieces price is a really good deal, and that the style would appeal to a young person.

freefly

Shiny_Rock
Did you end up getting the ring? I just looked at SP and saw that they raised the price to $1195 now.
7.gif

JSRNM

Shiny_Rock
Firefly- thanks I wish I had but my dd decided she wanted pearls so I let it go. Oh well maybe if the price comes down after the holidays I will grab it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results