shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me identify these dresses that I tried on

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Guilty Pleasure

Brilliant_Rock

I thought I would be able to find the dresses as long as I knew the designer, but I''m not having luck. I appreciate the help! There are three different dresses.

Dress #1 Demetrios

IMG2151.JPG

Guilty Pleasure

Brilliant_Rock
She said it came with a sash, but this isn''t the right sash. It''s a straight neckline with scallops because of the lace. The whole gown is lace, and the hemline is scalloped because of the lace.

demetriossashgp.JPG

Guilty Pleasure

Brilliant_Rock
Dress #2: Audrey Hart

I think this is chantilly lace. The back has a low scoop and the straps are see through lace.

PS - this gown is at least one size too small for me, but she zipped it up to see the form, so excuse the pooch!

audreyhart1gp.JPG

Guilty Pleasure

Brilliant_Rock
Here it is on the manequinn in ivory to give you an idea of the real shape!

audreyhart3gp.JPG

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
No help from me, but I can see you are from Houston! I went to both of those places as well.

If you can''t find dresses there, I would go to Maison de Mode in Rice Village and Houston Bridal Gallery (I think that''s what it''s called). I bought mine at the first place, but the second place had much better customer service and better selection. I tried on one similar to your first one you posted. It''s Demetrios 900, but I don''t think it''s the same one you have...didn''t have a sash and had a sweetheart neckline.

Both very pretty!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know but they''re really pretty!! I love the second one!

Have you tried brides.com? You can narrow by fabric and designer so you don''t have to page through 100s of designs.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2009 11:29:45 AM
Author: Guilty Pleasure
Dress#3: Maggie Sottero

Is it the Harlow? Looks pretty similar in neckline and hem.
Link to Harlow

The major difference I see is that thing around the empire waistline. Maybe the salon removed it or it got lost?

Guilty Pleasure

Brilliant_Rock
I also think I may have found the Demetrios, although I am not sure because the lace doesn't seem quite right. This is 2685 from the Young Sophisticates line. The dress I tried on had areas of continuous lace, like subtle vertical panels, as well as the random lace "blobs. This one seems to have all lace blobs. It could just be the way the dress is folded around her legs though. I wish I could see her back!!!

demetrios2685.jpg

Guilty Pleasure

Brilliant_Rock
I''m still working on the Audrey Hart though
7.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
That Maggie is definitely it by the pics you posted. Now that I look at the Harlow again I don''t know what I was thinking? Seemed similar at the time.

I don''t think that Demetrios is correct. I can see what you mean by the continuous lace vs. the lace appliques. The hem of the gown you posted from the Demetrios site seems to be more substantial than the one on you in the pic.

Guilty Pleasure

Brilliant_Rock
Isn''t it weird how the pictures on the web site are completely different than what a real person looks like? I wouldn''t even give that a dress a second glance on the web site if I hadn''t already tried it on in the store because I don''t look like that model. The material is so pretty in person too. It''s this fine lace netting wth tiny dots all over it.

yeah, you''re right about the demetrios, but it was the best match I could find
38.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results