shape
carat
color
clarity

please help me identify 'miss thing'!

tcbenham

Rough_Rock
inherited this ring last wk. and really, really would like to know what shape the center diamond is. as i'm sure u will see, there are major 'issues' with how she was set. the 2 jewelers i took it to said the stone would have to be removed to identify the shape. please chime in and give me your input! have to go out of town so can't get an appraisal done just yet.

cheers,
T

_11633.jpg

_11634.jpg

rng7.jpg

_11635.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
If two jewelers that saw it in person can't identify it, what makes you think we can from some blurry pics?

It could be a marquise. But your best bet is to get it looked at in person a third time, and this time by a GOOD independent appraiser.

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
Uh, my best guess would be a marquise :confused: From the photos it's hard to tell why there's a question about the shape of the center stone. Is there evidence to suggest it's not a marquise (if perhaps a wonky one)?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really can't tell 100% from those pictures because there isn't a clear, close-up shot of it, but it appears that the table reflection in the top picture is that of a marquise. I guess it could have a marquise shape table and still have a rounded top and bottom and be semi-oval, though.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks like a marquise from the photos... did the jewelers say why they couldn't identify the shape? I don't understand... :confused:

Is there a possibility it could be an oval that is set kinda funny??

tcbenham

Rough_Rock
all the jewelers would say was the stone would have to be removed from the mounting to identify it. i have a more traditional slender cut marquise-well, the sleeker cut that i believe to be more popular. i did a little research on this forum and found references to the 'chubquise', and also found some stones referred to as 'marqovals'. maybe the plumper marquise cut of this ring-if that's what it is-befuddled me. anyways, thank you all so much for the speedy replies!

tcbenham

Rough_Rock
oops...meant to apologize for the blurry pics from the onset. sorry! guess i have eye strain from analyzing the stone and how it's set and figured you people would notice it also. not possible from the blurry pics i realize.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results