shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me find this Leo Ingwer setting online

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lopazopy

Rough_Rock
I found a platinum setting at a local jeweler that I like, but didn''t get any information about it. It has .5ct of side stones. I think that I''ve found it as an Ingwer setting, but I can''t find anybody online that sells them. Please help. I also have some questions about it.

1. The settings. What is different about them? Platinum vs. WG?
239.jpg

PLE318

344.jpg

PLE670

2. Does anybody have other pictures of these settings?

3. Would a .75ct princess look good in this setting?

4. The setting I looked at seemed very heavy and sturdy. Not a lot of open areas. Are these settings solid? Would the side stones be secure?

5. Do you know of any settings that are similar to these?

6. I think Ingwer settings are pretty common. Is there a good chance that I would be able to get one from an online retailer, even though they don''t carry them? I''m thinking WF, GOG, etc.

TIA for all your help.

Lady Lulu

Shiny_Rock
Very pretty setting. Yes, I think a .75 ct. princess would be perfect for this setting. Good news is... Good Old Gold sells Ingwer. Give them a call and they will probably be able to fill all your needs. Good Luck!
19.gif

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Just contact your favorite online vendor and ask them. Leo Ingwer will sell to any vendor and does not offer exclusives, they are a lot like Stuller only with a much more limited focus. They offer some very nice pieces at reasonable prices. You probably have seen many of their pieces in your favorite vendors catalogs without knowing that they are Ingwer. If your favorite vendor does not have Ingwer they can get it with a phone call and a credit app.

Wink

Carlotta

Shiny_Rock
Wink, can you address the quality of ingwer settings (say as opposed toStuller)????

In the past someone posted that the ingwer setting they purchased required some further touching up/finishing. Is that pretty common with MOST similar settings/brands???

lopazopy

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the info Lady LuLu. I was pretty sure anybody could get an Ingwer setting, but just wasn't sure. Anybody want to ring in on the rest of the questions? Thanks.

I've never seen the Ingwer option under setting search at GoodOldGold and I've looked at that page at least 100 times. I need to start paying more attention.
23.gif

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/27/2007 12:43:16 PM
Author: Carlotta
Wink, can you address the quality of ingwer settings (say as opposed toStuller)????

In the past someone posted that the ingwer setting they purchased required some further touching up/finishing. Is that pretty common with MOST similar settings/brands???
In my opinion, any casting house, whether it be Stuller, or Ingwer or any of the others, will ALWAYS require finishing up. That is why they are so inexpensive compared to fine custom work, but any competent bench should be able to make them look very good with a little time and effort. Just make sure you are buying with someone who has a bench that knows how to do that little bit extra.

Wink

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
RE: 3. Would a .75ct princess look good in this setting?

Yes, but not with that head, you would need to order it with the appropriate head.
4. The setting I looked at seemed very heavy and sturdy. Not a lot of open areas. Are these settings solid? Would the side stones be secure?

Yes.

6. I think Ingwer settings are pretty common. Is there a good chance that I would be able to get one from an online retailer, even though they don''t carry them? I''m thinking WF, GOG, etc.

Yes, if they want to take the time to open an account.

Wink

lopazopy

Rough_Rock
Marie from GoodOldGold emailed me with some information on this setting if anybody is interested.

"The rings you have sent over are the same ring. This ring has 2 six point round diamonds and 2 twelve point square diamond. The total ct weight of this ring equals .36tcw. Your .75 Princess would look good in this setting. The head could be a regular 4 prong head or a V prong (what ever you prefer).

..."

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results