shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me find this dress?

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Hi ladies,

I''m hoping one of you can help me find this dress, or something very similar. Its for my best friend in the entire world, who really wants to get married in a red dress. I''ve found this picture but can''t find who makes it or where it might be available (or even find anything similar). The top is the part she is really in love with.

Has anyone seen anything that''s like this? Any leads would be hugely appreciated.

red-wedding-dress.jpg

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
I can''t seem to find this particular dress, but if you do a search for ''red quinceanera gown'', a lot of very similar dresses show up!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Ooh - thanks girlface! I wouldn''t have thought to look for it that way at all, but that''s a fantastic idea
9.gif

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
It is a Mia Solano, I believe from last season. I didn''t see it on the website, but they have a lot of red dresses. About the same price is Demetrios, which have red dresses and Mary''s bridal, which has similar dresses but cheaper.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Maggie Sottero''s Fiorenza in Red is spectacular. FYI
35.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/22/2010 11:48:42 PM
Author: brazen_irish_hussy
It is a Mia Solano, I believe from last season. I didn''t see it on the website, but they have a lot of red dresses. About the same price is Demetrios, which have red dresses and Mary''s bridal, which has similar dresses but cheaper.

Wow - thanks BIH!! I think that will really help in searching for it. And I''ll check the Mary''s bridal site, see if I can find a similar dress, since I''m guessing her budget likely won''t stretch to Demetrios (she''s in grad school, her FI is a teacher/soccer coach). Awesome find!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/23/2010 4:51:31 AM
Author: Gypsy
Maggie Sottero''s Fiorenza in Red is spectacular. FYI
35.gif

Ooh - thanks Gypsy, that was one of the other ones I downloaded for her as part of a picture collage, but I wasn''t sure of the name - I think its spectacular.

Hey - while we''re on the subject, does anyone have any tips for finding dresses like this to try on for a plus-size bride?

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Red Brides website

Maybe this will help. I just googled the Maggie Sottero gown so I could see it myself, and this website came up. Good luck!

ETA: You can click on red hot photos, and view various other designers as well!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Maggie''s have corset backs, so depending on the plus size... she might be able to just try on regular sizes. I was able to fit into any Maggie size 12 because of the back. Maggie''s Lana in Red is stunning as well, and I suspect, very flattering. I would just call around and see if anyone carries the Maggie line (her prom line: Flirt by Maggie also has some princess gowns in red, worth a look) in plus sizes in your area.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Also check out Sherri Hill .. she has a lot of amazing red gowns.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/23/2010 12:59:05 PM
Author: ilovesparkles
Red Brides website

Maybe this will help. I just googled the Maggie Sottero gown so I could see it myself, and this website came up. Good luck!

ETA: You can click on red hot photos, and view various other designers as well!
Ooh - great website, thanks!!
36.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/23/2010 7:40:31 PM
Author: Gypsy
Maggie''s have corset backs, so depending on the plus size... she might be able to just try on regular sizes. I was able to fit into any Maggie size 12 because of the back. Maggie''s Lana in Red is stunning as well, and I suspect, very flattering. I would just call around and see if anyone carries the Maggie line (her prom line: Flirt by Maggie also has some princess gowns in red, worth a look) in plus sizes in your area.
Thanks Gypsy - she is actually in NorCal, so if you have any local recommendations, that would be awesome.

I will do some digging around though - not urgent, since she doesn''t even have a date yet, but hopefully soon (and also hopefully I''ll be out there to do some shopping with her).

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/24/2010 2:14:10 PM
Author: CharmyPoo
Also check out Sherri Hill .. she has a lot of amazing red gowns.
Thanks Charmy - that''s awesome, appreciate the suggestion, I will check out her designs for sure.

Liane

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t have any helpful tips to offer, just wanted to
36.gif
a fellow bride in red.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/27/2010 12:51:47 PM
Author: Liane
I don''t have any helpful tips to offer, just wanted to
36.gif
a fellow bride in red.