shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me find this dress?

Discussion in 'Bride World Wide & Grooms Grooves' started by AmberGretchen, May 22, 2010.

1. AmberGretchen
    Ideal_Rock

by AmberGretchen » May 22, 2010
    Hi ladies,

I''m hoping one of you can help me find this dress, or something very similar. Its for my best friend in the entire world, who really wants to get married in a red dress. I''ve found this picture but can''t find who makes it or where it might be available (or even find anything similar). The top is the part she is really in love with.

Has anyone seen anything that''s like this? Any leads would be hugely appreciated.

red-wedding-dress.jpg

2. Prana
    Brilliant_Rock

by Prana » May 22, 2010
    I can''t seem to find this particular dress, but if you do a search for ''red quinceanera gown'', a lot of very similar dresses show up!

3. AmberGretchen
    Ideal_Rock

by AmberGretchen » May 22, 2010
    Ooh - thanks girlface! I wouldn''t have thought to look for it that way at all, but that''s a fantastic idea [​IMG]

4. brazen_irish_hussy
    Ideal_Rock

by brazen_irish_hussy » May 22, 2010
    It is a Mia Solano, I believe from last season. I didn''t see it on the website, but they have a lot of red dresses. About the same price is Demetrios, which have red dresses and Mary''s bridal, which has similar dresses but cheaper.

5. Gypsy
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by Gypsy » May 23, 2010
    Maggie Sottero''s Fiorenza in Red is spectacular. FYI [​IMG]

6. AmberGretchen
    Ideal_Rock

by AmberGretchen » May 23, 2010
    Wow - thanks BIH!! I think that will really help in searching for it. And I''ll check the Mary''s bridal site, see if I can find a similar dress, since I''m guessing her budget likely won''t stretch to Demetrios (she''s in grad school, her FI is a teacher/soccer coach). Awesome find!

7. AmberGretchen
    Ideal_Rock

by AmberGretchen » May 23, 2010
    Ooh - thanks Gypsy, that was one of the other ones I downloaded for her as part of a picture collage, but I wasn''t sure of the name - I think its spectacular.

Hey - while we''re on the subject, does anyone have any tips for finding dresses like this to try on for a plus-size bride?

8. ilovesparkles
    Ideal_Rock

by ilovesparkles » May 23, 2010
    Red Brides website

Maybe this will help. I just googled the Maggie Sottero gown so I could see it myself, and this website came up. Good luck!

ETA: You can click on red hot photos, and view various other designers as well!

9. Gypsy
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by Gypsy » May 23, 2010
    Maggie''s have corset backs, so depending on the plus size... she might be able to just try on regular sizes. I was able to fit into any Maggie size 12 because of the back. Maggie''s Lana in Red is stunning as well, and I suspect, very flattering. I would just call around and see if anyone carries the Maggie line (her prom line: Flirt by Maggie also has some princess gowns in red, worth a look) in plus sizes in your area.

10. CharmyPoo
    Ideal_Rock

by CharmyPoo » May 24, 2010
    Also check out Sherri Hill .. she has a lot of amazing red gowns.

11. AmberGretchen
    Ideal_Rock

by AmberGretchen » May 25, 2010
    Ooh - great website, thanks!![​IMG]

12. AmberGretchen
    Ideal_Rock

Thanks Gypsy - she is actually in NorCal, so if you have any local recommendations, that would be awesome.

I will do some digging around though - not urgent, since she doesn''t even have a date yet, but hopefully soon (and also hopefully I''ll be out there to do some shopping with her).

13. AmberGretchen
    Ideal_Rock

Thanks Charmy - that''s awesome, appreciate the suggestion, I will check out her designs for sure.

14. Liane
    Brilliant_Rock

by Liane » May 27, 2010
    I don''t have any helpful tips to offer, just wanted to [​IMG] a fellow bride in red.

15. AmberGretchen
    Ideal_Rock

by AmberGretchen » May 27, 2010
    Thanks Liane - I''ll pass it along to my BFF [​IMG]