shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me find the perfect pear!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lasscreative

Shiny_Rock
Hi ladies!!

I would love a right hand ring!!

I have fallen head over heels in love with this setting

Its Danhov!

Now I need a pretty gem to go in it! I would like a pear between 2 and 4 cts!

Not interest too much in green. But all other colours welcome.

Where do I start. I don''t normally see cutters doing pears.

Should I email Jeff White?? (but he doesn''t do pears much either)

Thanks so much!

DANHOV_Pear_01.jpg

lasscreative

Shiny_Rock
Here is the other picture

DANHOV_Pear_02.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Huh, that stone looks like a trillion to me. If you want a pear in there I think it would need to be a pretty fat one. I guess the big question is, what''s your budget for the stone?

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Trillions tend to sit around on cutters' web sites, so you should be able to find one to fit that setting. Precision Gem has some beauties on his site. For example, this 4.18 ct top color, clarity and cut pink tourmaline is to die for.

pl_746_detail_1.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
If you want to go more high end, here is a stunning pink sapphire from Richard Homer at Concavegems. He writes: "Unique pink shade for this natural, non-heat treated gem! Very rare! Beautiful rose pink color that is velvety not neon pink."

5380PkSapph.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
This 3.7 ct blue zircon at ACStones is currently on sale for $116.90, and would be a nice budget stone selection.

Z-3250B.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Dutton''s Diamonds, diamondexpert.com, has a trillion amethyst that would fit. He also has a couple of plump pear spinels. First this 1.89 ct pinkish orange beauty.

SP00189_a.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Next, a 2.11 ct purplish blue pear spinel, also from Dutton''s Diamonds.

SP00211_a.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/17/2009 9:00:14 PM
Author: Fly Girl
Trillions tend to sit around on cutters' web sites, so you should be able to find one to fit that setting. Precision Gem has some beauties on his site. For example, this 4.18 ct top color, clarity and cut pink tourmaline is to die for.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
I love this!

The setting looks like its for a trillian?

lasscreative

Shiny_Rock
Ohh that tourmaline is making my heart sing!!! From precision gems!

Maybe the setting is holding a trillion. I couldn''t work it out!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Ditto, it looks like a trill to me too. Are you set on a pear? Or the setting?

And any idea of what kind of stone you might like? How often you intend to wear it?

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
hehe..flygirl on point with the stones..of course the concave looks excellent

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That looks like a trillion (triangular). A pear is tear drop shaped. www.precisiongem.com seems to have a lot of trillions so that’s a good place to start. Trillions aren’t a popular shape and not many rough lends itself to that shape so that is the reason why you don’t see them too often. If you want something cut in a trillion by Jeff, you should email him and he’ll find something suitable for you.

PrecisionGem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That ring sure looks like a trillion. I think a trillion makes the nicest looking stone, with the most life and sparkle of any cut. They do not sell as well to the public as other cuts, but do sell well to custom goldsmiths who make some pretty unique jewelry from them. Apparently there are not many LOGR settings for tillions, so they don''t show up too much here, but from a performance standpoint, you can''t beat a trillion.

I just talked my self into cutting one today. It''s a fun stone to cut too.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really love trillions, but the only reason why I''m hesitant on buying one is the fact that I only seem to think of pendants setting. I just don''t know how to orient the trillion on a ring
33.gif

I love the Concave stone that Fly Girl posted! ahhhh swoon

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a lovely trillion but have not set it for over 2 years because I can’t find a nice setting for it. Either it looks too contemporary or too plain.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
lass, that is one awesome setting! I have a little trillion heliodor in a bright sunny yellow, and now I want this ring too lol. Thanks a lot, enabler!
2.gif

It should be pretty easy to find a stone, since trillions tend to hang around on cutters websites. I will tell you that Peter Torraca cut my heliodor and it is an amazing little stone, so it might be worth it to ask him what he could do for you!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gene,
I''m pretty sure I recognize the distinctive style of that setting. Is it a Leon Mege setitng by any chance?
3.gif

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/18/2009 12:24:46 PM
Author: Chrono
Gene,
I''m pretty sure I recognize the distinctive style of that setting. Is it a Leon Mege setitng by any chance?
3.gif
dunno about the setting, but it sure looks like a Leon photo. I find I can recognise certain cutters from their photos.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/18/2009 12:29:04 PM
Author: Gailey

Date: 8/18/2009 12:24:46 PM
Author: Chrono
Gene,
3.gif
dunno about the setting, but it sure looks like a Leon photo. I find I can recognise certain cutters from their photos.
I''m basing it on both the background picture and the pointy claw prongs.
9.gif

PrecisionGem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yep, that is one of Leon''s.

I have seen many interesting things done with trillions. One was a trillion faceted tanzanite, up against a trillion cut opal with lots of blues and greens, all set in yellow gold. Very pretty. The 2 stones were the same face up size. I think you need a creative jeweler to work with a trillion, a LOGR with a diamond halo won''t cut it. Can''t wait until that fad ends!
26.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
well if it is a pear, here is a pretty fat body pear almost shaped like a trillion... swoon.. I love concave cuts
30.gif
but it is on the smaller side though
7.gif

concavepear0809.JPG

lasscreative

Shiny_Rock
Oh Gene!

Do tell me what you are cutting and post pics! (I could be interested!!!)

I love that Tourmaline posted earlier, but I already have a pink tourmaline and want to experience other gem types before doubling up! (If that makes sense)

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/19/2009 6:39:24 AM
Author: lasscreative
Oh Gene!

Do tell me what you are cutting and post pics! (I could be interested!!!)

I love that Tourmaline posted earlier, but I already have a pink tourmaline and want to experience other gem types before doubling up! (If that makes sense)
lasscreative - Gene can''t post what he is cutting here on PS if it will be for sale, but I''m sure you are welcome to communicate with him directly.

Too bad you already have a pink tourmaline. That trillion is stunning.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results