shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me find a sub $800 sapphire

Misscaliente12

Rough_Rock
I'm looking for a light peach/pink/lavender/champagne oval sapphire stone for an engagement ring. I would like the measurements to be around 9x7mm and sun $800. I have looked on the vendors list and didn't find anything that matched my wants. Thank you!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi there! :wavey:
Could you show us a few pics of what colors you are thinking? Peach/pink/lavender/champagne is a fairly wide range, so some examples of colors you find appealing would help a great deal. Also, do you want a setting as well, or do you already have that?

ETA: what are you feelings on heat treatment? I don't personally find it problematic, but I know some people prefer stones that are not treated in any way, and those are usually pricier. Just checking on your preferences.

Misscaliente12

Rough_Rock
lovedogs|1463765656|4034052 said:
Hi there! :wavey:
Could you show us a few pics of what colors you are thinking? Peach/pink/lavender/champagne is a fairly wide range, so some examples of colors you find appealing would help a great deal. Also, do you want a setting as well, or do you already have that?

ETA: what are you feelings on heat treatment? I don't personally find it problematic, but I know some people prefer stones that are not treated in any way, and those are usually pricier. Just checking on your preferences.

I'm not really picky on the color. I just prefer it to be light/less saturation I guess? Heat treatment is fine with me! I have attached some photos for color, but again I'm not that picky.

_3699.jpeg

_3700.jpeg

_3701.jpeg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would you take a spinel?

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
Do you need the stone to be eye clean?
A 9x7 sapphire would be at least 3cts
your photos are showing some really clean stones, although with Windows. Do you care about window?

Misscaliente12

Rough_Rock
Niel|1463767142|4034070 said:
Would you take a spinel?

If I absolutely couldn't find anything in my price range I would, but my mom has a sapphire as her engagement ring. I thought it would be cool to keep the tradition going.

Misscaliente12

Rough_Rock
OTL|1463767368|4034071 said:
Do you need the stone to be eye clean?
A 9x7 sapphire would be at least 3cts
your photos are showing some really clean stones, although with Windows. Do you care about window?

I would prefer eye clean and as small a window as possible. I'm not sure how realistic that is with my budget. I just used those photos for color references.

alexah

Brilliant_Rock

Misscaliente12

Rough_Rock
alexah|1463768295|4034079 said:
I stumbled on this one a week or two ago and thought the color was sweet but it may be too included for you? It's an unheated pink 9x7 sapphire for $527:

http://www.litnon.com/index.php?page=viewgem&id=11072

Good luck with your search! :wavey:

Thanks!!! What a great find. I have reached out to them about this gem. I guess I should order a few gems to see which ones I like the most so please keep the suggestions coming! I appreciate it.

VeraMae

Rough_Rock
Taking a break from my own maddening stone search, I've checked out a few vendors so far and none seem to come close. Closest I've found to your requirements were at James Allen. I don't know much about that store or their quality, i just remembered the name from when i was looking at settings and noticed they had pinks. If you're still wanting a stone, you may want to lower your size requirements just a tad? I did see one around 8.2mm X 6.4mm for 700! Not sure if you're still looking or not, but i'll keep looking around a bit... If i go back to thinking about my own project anytime soon, i just might lose my mind.

https://www.jamesallen.com/gemstone...=10&PriceFrom=100&PriceTo=840&Sort=Carat desc

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's going to be a long and hard search to meet all your requirements. Is there anything you can relax on?

Misscaliente12

Rough_Rock
Chrono said:
It's going to be a long and hard search to meet all your requirements. Is there anything you can relax on?
VeraMae said:
Taking a break from my own maddening stone search, I've checked out a few vendors so far and none seem to come close. Closest I've found to your requirements were at James Allen. I don't know much about that store or their quality, i just remembered the name from when i was looking at settings and noticed they had pinks. If you're still wanting a stone, you may want to lower your size requirements just a tad? I did see one around 8.2mm X 6.4mm for 700! Not sure if you're still looking or not, but i'll keep looking around a bit... If i go back to thinking about my own project anytime soon, i just might lose my mind.

<a class="vglnk" target="_blank" hr...tones-colored-gemstone/lavender-sapphire;7628

Thanks for the suggestions! I was waiting on Michael from litnon/gemline to upload a video of the sapphire mentioned earlier in here, and someone bought it over the weekend. I'm not going to lie, I cried. But it was a good lesson. Just buy the darn stone and utilize the inspection period!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well don't let it get you down. Onward and upward.

O still say contact that loupe troop listing just in case you can get it in a price you like. In rose gold? That would be lovely.

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so sorry the Litnon sapphire sold :blackeye: When that happens, I just say "it obviously wasn't meant to be"...

Found a few others you might find interesting, though, from these choices, you'll have to give on size/color/etc:

Sapphire - almost 9x7 - but it may be too blue for you (it's a color shift, lavendar to blue): https://www.mastercutgems.com/Products-251-Ruby_and_Sapphire/8356-SAPPHIRE_-_Natural_Color_Shift_2_29_ct-Gem.php?FromPage=2

Spinel - almost 9x7 - but obvs not a sapphire: http://gemfix.com/gems/spinel-304-portuguese-style-cut-oval-2-08-cts

Another spinel - smaller but way under budget: https://www.mastercutgems.com/Products-284-_MOST_Recent_CUT/8850-South_East_Asia_Natural_Spinel_2_07_ct_-Gem.php?FromPage=1

I will keep looking but those were the only ones that caught my eye... 8)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results