shape
carat
color
clarity

Please Help Me Find A Princess

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pluckem

Rough_Rock
I have been researching these forums for awhile now and have learned a lot. But now the time has come to actually find THE diamond and buy it. This is for a solitaire engagement ring. We have went to the local chain jewelers and I have a pretty good idea of what I am looking for.

I want a princess cut, and the two major criteria are:

1.) It needs to have the WOW sparkle and fire when you look at it. I am more concerned with that than anything on paper. As long as it looks good to the unaided eye it will work.

2.) Size is between 1.0 to 1.2 carats.

I have been looking for an eye clean SI1 and a color of G or F. If I am going the wrong direction or should go lower or higher in one of those categories please let me know.

It will go on a solitaire cathedral setting in white gold or platinum. Budget is between $4500 and $5500 for the diamond. Thanks for any help or guidance given out.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/19/2009 2:42:44 PM
Author:pluckem
I have been researching these forums for awhile now and have learned a lot. But now the time has come to actually find THE diamond and buy it. This is for a solitaire engagement ring. We have went to the local chain jewelers and I have a pretty good idea of what I am looking for.

I want a princess cut, and the two major criteria are:

1.) It needs to have the WOW sparkle and fire when you look at it. I am more concerned with that than anything on paper. As long as it looks good to the unaided eye it will work.

2.) Size is between 1.0 to 1.2 carats.

I have been looking for an eye clean SI1 and a color of G or F. If I am going the wrong direction or should go lower or higher in one of those categories please let me know.

It will go on a solitaire cathedral setting in white gold or platinum. Budget is between $4500 and $5500 for the diamond. Thanks for any help or guidance given out.
I would definitely suggest lowering clarity in the first instance if needed, some SI2 can be eyeclean if sold and hand selected from a trusted vendor such as GOG.

pluckem

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the advice. I am definitely open to anything. It sounds like going with an in-house diamond is the way to go? How much risk is involved with purchasing a diamond that isn''t in house?

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
For a princess, quite high. Safer to buy an AGS0 stone then, but still no guarantee. Need ASET image to determine cut quality.

pluckem

Rough_Rock
Any thoughts on the following...

http://www.bluenile.com/princess-cut-diamond-1-carat-signature-ideal-cut-g-color-si1-clarity_LD01086871?__fun_frm=i&filter_id=0

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
oops. wrong thing.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
BN signature ideal is iffy for princess as GCAL never state how they grade the cut performance for princess, I think they don't. Signature ideal is only their in house stone and is within the AGA guidelines for an ideal princess.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/19/2009 6:48:21 PM
Author: pluckem
Any thoughts on the following...

http://www.bluenile.com/princess-cut-diamond-1-carat-signature-ideal-cut-g-color-si1-clarity_LD01086871?__fun_frm=i&filter_id=0
BN do not supply photos and ASET images which are needed in order to buy a Princess so really to me it is buying blind.

pluckem

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the help. Can anyone supply a list of jewelers that supply a ASET image with the diamond.
I have looked at GOG (they have a couple), I have also looked at WF, but they didnt have any. I am having a tough time finding princess cut diamonds from places that give ASET images.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/20/2009 10:11:56 AM
Author: pluckem
Thanks for the help. Can anyone supply a list of jewelers that supply a ASET image with the diamond.
I have looked at GOG (they have a couple), I have also looked at WF, but they didnt have any. I am having a tough time finding princess cut diamonds from places that give ASET images.
WF should have them available, ask if not.

Try -

www.highperformancediamonds.com

www.briangavindiamonds.com

www.exceldiamonds.com

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results