shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me find a pear shape diamond on a tight budget!

morganchelsey

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hi all,

I've been a lurker here for years and finally registered for an account last fall. It's taken me this long to actually post because I guess my social anxiety extends to the internet as well :errrr: You're all kind of incredible at finding beautiful diamonds for seemingly all budgets, so I'm hoping you can help me as well. Here are my jumbled up thoughts so far regarding what I'd like:

Pear shape diamond
Best light performance possible with minimum bowtie(this is what I'm getting hung up on!)
.5ish carat and up
Eye clean SI1 or better
Extremely open to any color grade; I currently wear diamonds that range from I-K
Any amount of fluorescence is fine

Now, the kicker. My budget is a strict $1200. The most important factor for me is awesome light performance (followed by as large of a face up size as I can get--I know this doesn't necessarily mean getting the highest carat weight). I know that bowties are unavoidable, but I also know that there are bowties and then there are BOWTIES and I just really need help refining my search so I don't wind up with the caps lock variety :lol: For what it's worth, I don't know what this diamond will go into yet. Once I get a stone it'll serve as a muse of sorts and I'll design something that fits its personality.

Am I looking for the impossible or is this at all feasible? I appreciate any help you can give me!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Please help me find a pear shape diamond on a tight budg

Is that including setting?

morganchelsey

Rough_Rock
Trade

Nope, just the diamond! It's one of those inexplicable "gotta have it" things because I'm itching to start a new project, I think. So just the diamond for now.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium

marymm|1455033233|3988807 said:
This is over-budget coming in at $1249 and it is a J-color (0.56ct J-VVS2) but something about this pudgy fat pear is so appealing (to me, at least)....

http://www.diamondsbylauren.com/index.php/jewelry/loose-diamond-56ct-j-vvs2-pear-shape-diamond-gia-r6477

dbl_-_x_-_r6477-pear-diamond-b_-_xx.jpg
I like the big bellies too : )
If anyone has comments on my choices or other poster's choices I would love that.
I know nothing about pears and this thread seems like an opportunity to learn. They are a bit odd - like a RB with a tail that is not as brilliant, so I am assuming that the more active the whole stone is the better the cut?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results