shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me find a diamond pair for 1.5 ctw studs..

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
At the suggestion of @DejaWiz I will start a new thread so I could get help with my search...I would love to find two well cut diamonds to make into a pair of 1.5 ctw studs. Since these will be much less expensive than mined I would love to have D color..VS1 or VVS..no fluoro..I don’t want to go lower than .73 each..but less than .80..each..It would be best to stick to around .75..I’m looking for them to be smaller than another pair of studs that I have.
@Kim N I hope you can also chime in..
@LLJsmom :kiss2:
Thank you!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do the tables have to match? Will I notice a difference between 56 and 58?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
RBC/MRB?
Budget for just the loose diamonds?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
RBC/MRB?
Budget for just the loose diamonds?

I have been on PS for years and didn’t know there was a difference between RBC and MRB..I assumed every diamond that was round is a MRB. I feel like I should hand in my PS card.. :(2 I have an ACA so whatever that is.. :lol:

There isn’t a budget for this pair. I’m going to get David Klass to do the settings..

Thank you @DejaWiz!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
I have been on PS for years and didn’t know there was a difference between RBC and MRB..I assumed every diamond that was round is a MRB. I feel like I should hand in my PS card.. :(2 I have an ACA so whatever that is.. :lol:

There isn’t a budget for this pair. I’m going to get David Klass to do the settings..

Thank you @DejaWiz!

Recommendations incoming in a few mins, so get ready!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Nicely matched pair graded by IGI (HPHT):

Matched pair graded by AGS (CVD):

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@DejaWiz Thank you so much! I had one of them on my list too! I just bought the first pair! I hope they’re both available. I should have them on January 5th!

Last edited:

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
@DejaWiz Thank you so much! I had one of them on my list too! I just bought the first pair! I hope they’re both available. I should have them on January 5th!

Outstanding and happy to help - will anxiously wait for your thoughts and hope to see some pictures and videos!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow. The both pairs look great!! The IGIs are matched so closely. Can’t wait to see them!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Late to the party due to holiday madness, but you got a fantastic pair! I'm really excited for you!

Beautiful match, DejaWiz!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can’t wait to see what you think @MamaBee

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can’t wait to see what you think @MamaBee

@Austina I had 1ctw unmentionable travel studs in really cute crown settings. My friend loved them so much I gave them to her. The settings actually cost more than the unmentionables. She had no idea what the settings cost. She offered me $50.. I told her no.. :lol: I found I loved the settings so I want to do it again..These are a half carat bigger and diamonds..so I know I’ll be happy. These won’t be travel studs like the unmentionables. I think they will get a lot of wear. I wasn’t going to pay $6,000..plus the cost of custom settings for mined studs when I already have a few pairs. I’m excited to get the D color..I don’t know how accurate IGI is so I went with D in case they are on the warmer side closer to E..or even F..I don’t know anything about how they grade color.

Does anyone have any feedback about how accurate their color grading is?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Here is an interesting article about IGI color grading.
Alas, the sample size is extremely small, so not very telling or definitive...hundreds of diamonds at a minimum if not thousands of diamonds would make for a fair sample size.

For LGD in the colorless range, I have no problem with IGI, GCAL (8X), AGS, and GIA.
I've seen undisclosed blue nuance in the D-E-F range for each of the major labs.

For EGD and their substantially higher price tags, I'd only stick with AGS000 (or GIA 3X if the diamond would meet the stricter AGS000 cut criteria).

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is an interesting article about IGI color grading.
Alas, the sample size is extremely small, so not very telling or definitive...hundreds of diamonds at a minimum if not thousands of diamonds would make for a fair sample size.

For LGD in the colorless range, I have no problem with IGI, GCAL (8X), AGS, and GIA.
I've seen undisclosed blue nuance in the D-E-F range for each of the major labs.

For EGD and their substantially higher price tags, I'd only stick with AGS000 (or GIA 3X if the diamond would meet the stricter AGS000 cut criteria).

Thank you @DejaWiz..That was great information!
BTW..One diamond is secured. I’m waiting for the other one to be secured. Hopefully it will be available..

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Austina I had 1ctw unmentionable travel studs in really cute crown settings. My friend loved them so much I gave them to her. The settings actually cost more than the unmentionables. She had no idea what the settings cost. She offered me $50.. I told her no.. :lol: I found I loved the settings so I want to do it again..These are a half carat bigger and diamonds..so I know I’ll be happy. These won’t be travel studs like the unmentionables. I think they will get a lot of wear. I wasn’t going to pay $6,000..plus the cost of custom settings for mined studs when I already have a few pairs. I’m excited to get the D color..I don’t know how accurate IGI is so I went with D in case they are on the warmer side closer to E..or even F..I don’t know anything about how they grade color.

Does anyone have any feedback about how accurate their color grading is?

ADA Diamonds dual-certed a number of IGI/GCAL diamonds against GIA and shared the results here. Again, not a large sample but still iinteresting to see.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
ADA Diamonds dual-certed a number of IGI/GCAL diamonds against GIA and shared the results here. Again, not a large sample but still iinteresting to see.

This is so good to know! I’m expecting the D’s to be D’s…I will be comparing them next to my F dually certified ACA. I hope I see a difference!

I’m a little nervous because I only got one automated email from them saying my diamond is secured. In a separate page I see only one diamond has tracking..so I think the other one isn’t secured yet.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
They are both on the way to the Ritani factory. They said after they get them they will ship them overnight.
I’m excited!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can anyone look at the first pair and tell me if you think either one has blue nuance? I bought them already..I don’t want to tag anyone but hoping they will see this and comment. :bigsmile:

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Can anyone look at the first pair and tell me if you think either one has blue nuance? I bought them already..I don’t want to tag anyone but hoping they will see this and comment. :bigsmile:

Doubtful either one does...the LG551200672 diamond was photographed in slightly different lighting than the other one and takes on a slight gray appearance, but I do think that is mostly environmental. Kim N what do your keen eyes see?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Doubtful either one does...the LG551200672 diamond was photographed in slightly different lighting than the other one and takes on a slight gray appearance, but I do think that is mostly environmental. Kim N what do your keen eyes see?

Thank you @DejaWiz..I noticed the other one looked grayer..I also think it may be environmental. I’m so anxious to get them..

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm quite sure the first one doesn't. And I agree that it seems the second one is only grayer due to the environment.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm quite sure the first one doesn't. And I agree that it seems the second one is only grayer due to the environment.

Thank you @DejaWiz @Kim N.. That was my thought too. The first one is definitely white.

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I contacted Ritani through chat..I spoke with Jaclyn, who is a gemologist. She will pull them before they ship to look them over for blue nuance or any gray tint. She said she will give me a review of them both. :bigsmile:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
The diamonds are at the Ritani factory. One of the gemologists will take photos of them and comment if there is any blue nuance or gray tint. They will send me photos today. :bigsmile:

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The diamonds are at the Ritani factory. One of the gemologists will take photos of them and comment if there is any blue nuance or gray tint. They will send me photos today. :bigsmile:

Great, looking forward to their report!

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock

That's great for reassurance! How are you communicating with them - email, chat?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results