shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me find a bezel setting for my reset!!!

sassy_pants

Rough_Rock
Hello Pricescopers! I'm a long time lurker, admiring rings from so many of you. My 10th anniversary is coming up and my husband and I were looking at possibly upgrading my engagement ring. But in looking at other larger diamonds, I realized how attached I am to my 1.25 RB stone. So now the plan is to reset! I found this bezel setting on the brilliant earth website, the Juliet. However, they only set their own stones. I'm looking for something similar. Any suggestions? I have always loved the ritani endless love setting, but think I would prefer more of a metal halo than a diamond one. Thanks for any ideas!

_36174.jpg

_36175.jpg

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
These are James Allen creations. I'm not sure Brilliant Earth will set an outside stone; JA will if certified.

I put some outside the box designs based on your inspiration picture.

I'll send them in several messages in no particular order.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not sure if you are considering etsy vendors, but Janish Jewels is highly regarded and she has a couple of settings similar in style to what you posted, and likely she could make the bezels closed on the bottom rather than open if that is your preference. She set a couple of colored gemstones for me, and her bezels are very well-executed and her metal-craft in general is high quality. However, I know her overall aesthetic has a certain rustic quality, and I'm not certain she works with platinum/rhodium metals, so perhaps not the right fit for this project. Still, I thought I'd throw the option out there.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/155646814/14k-gold-granulated-rose-cut-forever?ref=shop_home_active_6
https://www.etsy.com/listing/263144585/opal-ring-22k-gold-granulated-ethiopian?ref=shop_home_active_11
https://www.etsy.com/listing/229635810/rose-cut-daimond-engagement-ring-18k?ref=shop_home_active_9

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
SparklySoprano|1453578596|3980367 said:
These are James Allen creations. I'm not sure Brilliant Earth will set an outside stone; JA will if certified.

I put some outside the box designs based on your inspiration picture.

I'll send them in several messages in no particular order.

My iPad is being very naughty! I will post ideas when I'm able. So sorry!

sassy_pants

Rough_Rock
Thanks, Sparkly! I look forward to your suggestions!

Mary, I have to admit that I was not that hopeful about checking out your links based on the rustic aesthetic description, but I found them very helpful! I really like the first one where you can see the profile of the ring. I definitely prefer that style to the closed head on the brilliant earth style I originally posted. It seems I may have to go custom on this project to get everything I want, and the etsy seller you recommended definitely has some aspects in her designs that I prefer. I like that her beading on the bezel is a little less chunky and also that the band swoops up more like the ritani endless love to meet the bezel. But yes, I will want a very polished platinum look more similar to the brilliant earth design. It would be nice to find a setting like this that already exists, though! I'm a little nervous that a custom bezel could come out clunky or sloppy looking.

If I do go custom, what vendors would you recommend for something like this?

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
sassy_pants|1453583603|3980402 said:
Thanks, Sparkly! I look forward to your suggestions!

Mary, I have to admit that I was not that hopeful about checking out your links based on the rustic aesthetic description, but I found them very helpful! I really like the first one where you can see the profile of the ring. I definitely prefer that style to the closed head on the brilliant earth style I originally posted. It seems I may have to go custom on this project to get everything I want, and the etsy seller you recommended definitely has some aspects in her designs that I prefer. I like that her beading on the bezel is a little less chunky and also that the band swoops up more like the ritani endless love to meet the bezel. But yes, I will want a very polished platinum look more similar to the brilliant earth design. It would be nice to find a setting like this that already exists, though! I'm a little nervous that a custom bezel could come out clunky or sloppy looking.

If I do go custom, what vendors would you recommend for something like this?

^ for a polished version, personally I'd definitely get a quote from Brilliantly Engaged - although the two rings they crafted for me had prongs, there are several PSers with gorgeous bezel settings by BE/ERD-- they do beautiful bezels and could do an open version instead of the petal gallery here (check out the video):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Gvik2dibtg

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium

BarbBe

Rough_Rock
See my bezel from Brilliantly Engaged

bbbh1__2_0.jpg

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
BE did my bezel halo - the ring in my avatar. They do each ring custom to order. Call them, show them the inspiration photo and take it from there!

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
I'm back! Sorry for delay! I do love the one you saw on JA. That one is fairly new as I have just recently seen it on there myself. I doubt someone would have that already here, but you never know!

Here are some other ideas.... (again, all courtesy of JA). These are all found in their Vintage E-Ring section. I'll be back with more!!! ;-)

screen_shot_2016-01-24_at_6.png

screen_shot_2016-01-24_at_0.png

screen_shot_2016-01-24_at_1.png

screen_shot_2016-01-24_at_2.png

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
These are also from Vintage section of JA. I know some I've posted were pretty blingy or non-bezel, but I hope you had fun just looking anyway. :wavey:

FWIW, I really like the one you found before from JA. The diamonds around the bezel are really pretty! That one and a couple of the ones I posted also look to be bands that you can easily pair flush with another ring. Some of the other designs would not sit flush. Can't remember if you mentioned this being a consideration or not, but worth thinking about anyway.

screen_shot_2016-01-24_at_3.png

screen_shot_2016-01-24_at_7.png

sassy_pants

Rough_Rock
BarbBe|1453655915|3980718 said:
See my bezel from Brilliantly Engaged
Oooohhhh! That's pretty, diamond crown AND petals on the gallery! I had to go check out your thread on this ring to see some more photos. Sounds like brilliantly engaged comes highly recommended. It certainly looks like they do quality work based on these photos. I think your ring is a little more on the vintage-y side for what I am looking for, but certainly gives some good inspiration to draw from. Thanks for sharing!

sassy_pants

Rough_Rock
PintoBean|1453676570|3980847 said:
BE did my bezel halo - the ring in my avatar. They do each ring custom to order. Call them, show them the inspiration photo and take it from there!
Your ring is gorgeous! Thanks for the recommendation. I really do appreciate all the help I'm getting here. It's so nice of everyone to share their wealth of knowledge with me and help me with ideas! =)

I do wonder, for those of you who have gone to custom route, or even bought from an online vendor, did you have any concerns about not being able to see what the ring would look like on your hand first? I think I am really picky on that point. I wish it were possible to see exactly what my diamond would look like in my top 4-5 finished settings so I could pick the best one! But Just being able to try on the empty settings to se how they look on my hand would be great. Am I the only one with this concern?

sassy_pants

Rough_Rock
SparklySoprano|1453683637|3980897 said:
I'm back! Sorry for delay! I do love the one you saw on JA. That one is fairly new as I have just recently seen it on there myself. I doubt someone would have that already here, but you never know!

Here are some other ideas.... (again, all courtesy of JA). These are all found in their Vintage E-Ring section. I'll be back with more!!! ;-)

Sparkly,
THANK YOU so much for posting all those photos! It makes me super glad that I posted here because I would have never thought to even look at some of those based on what I thought I wanted. But there are some cool features in those rings that I would consider incorporating if I do end up going with a custom setting. When we were first thinking we would upgrade my ring instead of just doing a reset, I was looking for a cushion stone with a bezel or halo. I just really love that shape (like the actual shape, not the cut) on my finger. Seeing some of those RB settings with non-round bezels or halos is helping me with ideas.

Your mentioned fitting with a wedding band being a consideration, and it is a big consideration for me. I mentioned above that I really wish I could try all the settings on my hand, and part of that is to see how they will look with my band. I have tried on several settings locally that are beautiful, but don't work with my wedding band. It's a 2.5mm platinum band. The brand was called ergo fit, don't think they still exist, but basically it is comfort fit with rounded edges on the top and bottom as well as on the inside and outside. The issue I have with pairing it is that it's pretty substantial for 2.5mm, it has some depth to it if that makes sense! So in some ways, I'd want to go custom to have the opportunity to design the shank on the new setting to exactly match my WB, but at the same time I'm pretty nervous about shipping off both my rings without really knowing what the new combo will look like on my hand. It seems like people here generally love their resets, but am I alone in worrying I won't like the new one better?

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
SP, I'm sooo glad you enjoyed and were inspired by the setting pics. You are very welcome!

My advice on the reset is to try on lots, consider many things (pros/cons), but at the same time, know when it's time. For me, I probably fell in "love" with about 5 or 6 settings (OK, maybe more, LOL) before taking the plunge ironically on one I didn't even try on! But I knew with JA it was risk-free retail. Going custom, you usually can not return it if you don't like it IRL.

I totally feel your pain about needing to match it to your existing wedding band. That probably was the biggest hurdle in finding the right e-ring reset for me. I also had to find one that was both deep and wide enough, and included pave that was similar. Ironically, now I am deciding on a "new" band to wear with it as an optional choice.

I also think this one below could be inspiring. It gives a modern vibe to the halo and is cushion shaped, which I also love. I think it also gives a nod to the one you found in the tension settings at JA because of the diamonds around the profile of the halo.

Keep ideas rolling along if you want more opinions. Happy to help! :wavey:

screen_shot_2016-01-25_at_11.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results