shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me find a 3+ carat Tsavorite :)

Rockerchic

Rough_Rock
Hi all, I am looking for a large tsavorite ...3ct range or above and would love a cushion cut. Please let me know if you see any or know who I might reach out to. Thank you!

Also only looking for US seller.

Last edited:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Primagemsusa.com

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Rockerchic

Rough_Rock
These are great suggestions!! Thanks to all who responded. So appreciate it.
I am following up with a couple and will keep you posted.

Rockerchic

Rough_Rock
Primagemsusa.com

Thanks so much for the suggestion. I looked into and looks like they only sell to Trade. Unfortunately I'm not in the jewelery business so unfortunately not going to work for me.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much for the suggestion. I looked into and looks like they only sell to Trade. Unfortunately I'm not in the jewelery business so unfortunately not going to work for me.

Wow, they used to sell to the public. That stinks!! :(

elizat

Ideal_Rock
There are Instagram vendors that sell tsavorite, but those are tricky. Many of them are in the gem trade and are getting stock before it enters the US market, but effectively, they offer no return most of the time, because you can't ship loose gems back to Sri Lanka for example.

You can get more favorable pricing on IG for things, but the trade off is that you are probably stuck with the purchase. If you do go that route, I'd find a seller that looks like they have things you like color wise and buy a small stone to start at a certain price. if it is as advertised and checks out all around, you can probably feel safer with the transaction.

That's what I did with some sapphires. I wanted a large blue sapphire. I found a vendor and bought a stone for under a certain price to test it and then when it was as advertised, was comfortable spending more.

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

you can get to them a second way. I believe he/they own aurelia gems. There is quite a lot of info here

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I broke my own promise not to get anymore blings for 2021, and agreed to get a medium Tsavorite about 3ct from Jeff White, after seeing his recent Gem Scoop maildrop.

Not sure how many 3ct roughs he may still have as his maildrop did not mention about anything above 2ct at all! However, it is worth sending him an e-mail to enquire - I sent him an e-mail asking about a 2ct stone, and he responded to say he had a 3ct+ if I was interested. No prize in guessing I said yes right away, as a sizable Tsavorite is on my bling bucket list! :lol-2:

DK :))

Frost

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Many of them are in the gem trade and are getting stock before it enters the US market, but effectively, they offer no return most of the time, because you can't ship loose gems back to Sri Lanka for example.

Just to clear up any misconceptions: I've mentioned this before and I'll probably mention it again, but returns to Sri Lanka (as well as most other gem producing countries for that matter) are very much possible, legal and allowed.

If someone tells you they can't take a return, they:

1) Simply don't want to bother or

2) They exported a stone illegally through DHL or post without going through government regulated export channels, and are stuck with not being able to take that return because they can't show export papers to customs.

Just for public info - returns are allowed, but of course like everywhere else YMMV.

EDIT: Gorgeous gems all, btw.

Last edited:

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Just to clear up any misconceptions: I've mentioned this before and I'll probably mention it again, but returns to Sri Lanka (as well as most other gem producing countries for that matter) are very much possible, legal and allowed.

If someone tells you they can't take a return, they:

1) Simply don't want to bother or

2) They exported a stone illegally through DHL or post without going through government regulated export channels, and are stuck with not being able to take that return because they can't show export papers to customs.

Just for public info - returns are allowed, but of course like everywhere else YMMV.

EDIT: Gorgeous gems all, btw.

The sellers I have encountered have not done the proper export process. A lot of them ship DHL. But you are right, each seller is different.

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
They exported a stone illegally through DHL or post without going through government regulated export channels, and are stuck with not being able to take that return because they can't show export papers to customs.

So this must be why a seller told me they couldn't use DHL anymore! I thought it was odd, but didn't bother looking into it.

Frost

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Yeah, DHL/UPS never was actually legal - it's a silly complicated story but basically there are handful of "approved" couriers allowed to do gem shipments under government supervision. Air mail, EMS, FedEx, Brinks, Malca-Amit, etc.

You can't go to a post or courier office and send a gemstone disguised as something else anywhere. It's mainly about - you guessed it - export taxes, incoming foreign revenue and AML/CFT.

Rules and regulations in many gem producing countries have been tightening for several years now and will probably only do so more in the future. Painful at first maybe, but ultimately good for the trade I think - it fosters much greater accountability and more transparent/clean business long-term.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not 3ct but GORGEOUS tsavorite just posted by a trusted US instagram vendor.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results