shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me decide

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

icebrker

Rough_Rock
Hi All,

After all of my research I have found the following 2 ring. Please help me decide with one I should get. To me it looks the same :)..

1) this one is cheaper by like $119
Carat weight: 1.03
Certificate: AGS
Cut: Ideal
Color: F
Clarity: VS2
Depth %: 61.7%
Table %: 55.4%
Symmetry: Ideal
Polish: Ideal
Girdle: Thin to slightly thick
Culet: Pointed
Fluorescence: Medium blue
Measurements: 6.47 x 6.52 x 4.00 mm

2)
Carat weight: 1.06
Certificate: AGS
Cut: Ideal
Depth %: 60.7%
Table %: 57%
Symmetry: Ideal
Polish: Ideal
Girdle: TN-M
Culet: None
Fluorescence: FAINT BLUE
Measurements: 6.59 x 6.62 x 4.01 mm

1-icebrker.JPG

icebrker

Rough_Rock
This is for the second diamond.

2-icebrker.JPG

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They both have great potential and are two great diamonds by the look of it, do you have any images such as ASET or Idealscope for either of these?

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Both looks good, I prefer #1.

icebrker

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 10:16:46 AM
Author: Lorelei
They both have great potential, do you have any images such as ASET or Idealscope for either of these?

Nope, all they have is the Certificate.

icebrker

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 10:18:05 AM
Author: Stone-cold11

Any reason?

The first one does have Medium blue fluorescence and Thin to Slightly thick Girdle compare to Faint fluorescence and Thin to Medium Girdle. And the second one does have a bigger Table? does that matter?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 10:18:05 AM
Author: Stone-cold11
Ditto.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/26/2009 10:21:38 AM
Author: icebrker

The first one does have Medium blue fluorescence and Thin to Slightly thick Girdle compare to Faint fluorescence and Thin to Medium Girdle. And the second one does have a bigger Table? does that matter?
Both are very fine diamonds, the table, girdles etc on the second are well within accepted range - both of these have great proportions. It can boil down to personal preference but really images are very useful in order to get more info on each, however from the info we have I would pick the second.

icebrker

Rough_Rock
So we have 2 for #1 and 1 for #2.

How about the symbols? any consideration there? looking at the certificate?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/26/2009 10:29:37 AM
So we have 2 for #1 and 1 for #2.

How about the symbols? any consideration there? looking at the certificate?
No concern at all with those inclusions at VS2. Can you get images for either of these?

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Based on numbers and all things equal, ditto Lorelei #2 - for size!
3.gif

girlie-girl

Brilliant_Rock
I''d also pick the second diamond. I like that it has a little larger table than the other one. As Lorelei said, it''s probably going to come down to personal preference, but I agree they should both be beautiful.

Good luck deciding!
35.gif

icebrker

Rough_Rock
I decided to go with the first diamond from BlueNile. After conversion and so it save me $500. Got delivery of the diamond today :).. To my surprise it is a Canadian Diamond and it came with a card with the following information.

Canadian Diamond Code of Conduct
Shape: BR
Weight: 1.03
Lab: AGS
Rough Weight: 2.74
Sight: Nov 2008
Mine: DIAVIK
Origin #: CR220-044
Cert #: 10128303

I was told that Canadian Diamond cost more than other because of the extra labor cost and all Canadian Diamond has a laser signature? Is that true? If so, do I really need to get it re-appraise?

DiamondFlame

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on your acquisition! I would have picked option 1 too, mostly because I love blue fluorescence on a diamond.
4.gif

I know nothing about Canadian diamonds though. I''m sure more knowledgeable PSers here will offer an opinion soon...

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/2/2009 10:25:29 AM
I decided to go with the first diamond from BlueNile. After conversion and so it save me $500. Got delivery of the diamond today :).. To my surprise it is a Canadian Diamond and it came with a card with the following information.

Canadian Diamond Code of Conduct
Shape: BR
Weight: 1.03
Lab: AGS
Rough Weight: 2.74
Sight: Nov 2008
Mine: DIAVIK
Origin #: CR220-044
Cert #: 10128303

I was told that Canadian Diamond cost more than other because of the extra labor cost and all Canadian Diamond has a laser signature? Is that true? If so, do I really need to get it re-appraise?
I''ve heard they carrry about a 15% premium (not sure about laser sig, do you have a loupe). As for an appraisal, what all did BN give you as far as info? The more you have, the easier it will be for you to replace with "like kind".

Congrats, looks like you got a nice diamond!

icebrker

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/2/2009 10:37:08 AM
Author: Ellen
I've heard they carrry about a 15% premium (not sure about laser sig, do you have a loupe). As for an appraisal, what all did BN give you as far as info? The more you have, the easier it will be for you to replace with 'like kind'.

Congrats, looks like you got a nice diamond!

I don't have a loupe. But I did get the original AGS report and the information matches the information on the Canadian Diamond Code of Conduct card. As well as the receipt from BlueNile.

Ohh, I just notice on the AGS Report it states the following

"AGSL 10128303" has been inscribed on the girdle of this diamond.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results