White r/baguette or rose halo?

• White round with baguette

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Rose halo

Votes: 17 81.0%

• Total voters

Shellcm

Shiny_Rock
I am looking at two ring styles. I have a .5 family stone to set. I'm looking at either a rose gold halo with 2 pointers to have a scalloped/flowery effect, or a round with tapered baguette side stones in white gold.

I tried on a similiar size halo (.7 but smaller halo itself so the overall look would be around the same size - I have had no luck in finding a halo in rose gold in this style though so this is as close as I can get!) The round with baguettes was a .5, so that is exactly what I would be getting. I honestly really love both and have no idea how I will decide therefore any thoughts will be appreciated. I also have photos of them with what I would want the wedding band to be for each ring. I am concerned that I may feel like the round with baguettes is too small, but if my stone was .7 or larger I wouldn't have any hesitation in getting it. I love the vintagey look of rose gold flowery halos but am not a blingy girl and I worry it's ostentatious.

img_9915.jpg

img_9916.jpg

img_9920.jpg

img_9921.jpg

Shellcm

Shiny_Rock
A few more

_860.jpeg

_861.jpeg

_862.jpeg

16ocean

Brilliant_Rock
I don't think the "rose gold flowery halo"looks ostentatious at all.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
It depends on your lifestyle and social circle. But that halo is not at all ostentatious at all IMO. It's quite lovely. Nice choice.

Shellcm

Shiny_Rock
Lifestyle is part time office worker and mum of a toddler. I don't go mountain climbing or do hobby woodwork or anything like that. Most in my social circle have a 1 carat or a bit less solitaire. I expect once I get a wedding band I would wear that by itself most days.

I hadn't thought of a split shank, but I don't mind it. Would it work with a more flowery halo? I'm so excited to start CADs now.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
I normally lean towards baguettes, but the halo looks lovely on you! I don't think it's too flashy at all. It's very pretty! :wavey:

HockeyChick

Rough_Rock
This is one of those cases where the halo does glorious things to the stone. Absolutely the halo. The other setting seems to get lost but the rose makes the stone really pop.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just be honest with yourself. Don't get something that will sit it a box. It would be a shame.

GlamMosher

Shiny_Rock
Halo!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The rose gold looks so beautiful on you and the halo give a bit of oomph to a smaller stone. I also love the band you choose for it. The halo does not look ostentatious. It actually has a very classic look.
But please listen to what your gut feeling tells you.

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock
Working mum are you heavy on your hands in that case don't go for little tiny stones that may pop out unless you got the cash to keep replacing - I voted for the plain one for that reason however I do love the look of the halo on your hand

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I agree with Sphene. In my eyes these rings are two different styles, you need to figure out which one suits your taste and your lifestyle best yourself... :saint: I voted for the round with baguettes, but they are both beautiful. Write down a list with pros and cons on both and see if that makes any sense.

All I really want to say is don't make a hasty decision!

//aca :wavey:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the halo is very flattering, and the other looks nondescript in comparison. The halo is a modest size and would work well as a 24/7 ring IMO
If the melee are set well there should be no problem. I had one melle fall out in a new setting one time and my jeweler whom I bought it from immediately replaced it and tightened all the settings. Never had another problem.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
That rose gold halo is divine. Nice presence on the hand.

Not sure of durability with working life- but I suspect a lot of that will be determined by who the bench is and if you do lots of manual labor or if you knock your hands against things a lot.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I voted halo - very nice hand presence and looks lovely on your hand. It doesn't look ostentatious.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1448435098|3953930 said:
Just be honest with yourself. Don't get something that will sit it a box. It would be a shame.

For me, it's the halo but for you, it might not suit your lifestyle so the choices we make isn't necessarily the right one for you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results