shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me decide, THANKS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

biubiu

Rough_Rock
I went to 47th street today. Thinking about buying one of these two diamonds, but cannot make up my mind. Please help me choose. I know it will be helpful if there is idealscope images, but they couldn''''t provide them

By the way, the second stone cost $1000 more. Thank you for all your comments/opinions.

Measurements: 7.02 - 7.05 x 4.23 mm
Carat Weight: 1.26
Color Grade: E
Clarity Grade: VS2
Cut Grade: Excellent
Proportions:
Depth: 60.1 %
Table: 58 %
Crown Angle: 33.5¢X
Crown Height: 14 %
Pavilion Angle: 41¢X
Pavilion Depth: 43.5 %
Star length: 50 %
Lower Half: 80 %
Girdle: Thin, Faceted
Culet: None
Finish:
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Excellent
Fluorescence: None
Comments: Pinpoints are not shown.

http://www.whiteflash.com/diamonds/certificate_online.aspx?idno=224466
------------------------------------------------------------
Round Brilliant
Measurements: 6.98 - 7.00 x 4.31 mm
Carat Weight: 1.28
Color Grade: FClarity Grade: VS1
Cut Grade: Excellent
Proportions:
Depth: 61.7 %
Table: 55 %
Crown Angle: 35¢X
Crown Height: 16 %
Pavilion Angle: 40.8¢X
Pavilion Depth: 43.0 %
Star length: 50 %
Lower Half: 80 %
Girdle: Thin to Medium, Faceted
Culet: None
Finish:
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Fluorescence: None

http://www.whiteflash.com/diamonds/certificate_online.aspx?idno=217868

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Are you dealing with Whiteflash directly or is someone in the diamond district sourcing the stones for you?

biubiu

Rough_Rock
It''s someone in the diamond district.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Whiteflash is a Pricescope vendor and you can deal with them directly. You can contact them and have them bring in the stones for you. You also get a PS discount. Look on the tool bar under resources and click. You will find a link to Whiteflash. They have many other nice diamonds. You can also do a search here on PS to see what is available to fit your criteria. I recently bought online from Whiteflash and was extremely pleased with the quality of my diamond and their customer service. See my avatar...that''s my ring. You can find more photos in my Show Me The Ring Thread. Belle''s new three-stone ring is also a Whiteflash. We both, along with many others, dealt with them directly
1.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, just deal with WF directly, no reason to have a middle man. www.whiteflash.com I have bought from them myself.

biubiu

Rough_Rock
Risingsun, I love your "1234", It''s gorgeous. The reason I am dealing with the person in diamond district it''s becuase I got a better offer than online vendors even with PS discount.

biubiu

Rough_Rock
I would definitely go with WF or GOG if the price was the same. Read lots of good reviews about them.
Kaleigh, I love your ring too. Do you mind if I ask how much does the setting cost?

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2007 11:43:31 PM
Author: biubiu
Risingsun, I love your '1234', It's gorgeous. The reason I am dealing with the person in diamond district it's becuase I got a better offer than online vendors even with PS discount.
Thank you, biubiu
1.gif
If you can do better than WF direct, than "rock on."
Stone one:
HCA= 1.1 ex,ex,ex,ex TIC

Stone two:
HCA= 1.5 ex,ex,ex, vg TIC

Both stones are in the "heart" of the AGS and GIA grading parameters. Others may be able to give you a more expert opinion!

biubiu

Rough_Rock
Thanks Risingsun, do you think the second stone is worth $1000 more? Did you check out their certificates? Will the inclusions on the first stone affect the performance? From the plot of the second stone, can you say it is more like a "VVS2" stone or crystals on the table is not really not good? Sorry for all these questions. l

biubiu

Rough_Rock
Do any of you know how to move this message to the RockyTalky forum? Thanks.

biubiu

Rough_Rock
Thank you for moving the post.

Comments/opinions please.

Can anyone please run a idealscope simulation for these two stones for me? Thanks!!!!!!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2007 9:03:56 AM
Thanks Risingsun, do you think the second stone is worth $1000 more? Did you check out their certificates? Will the inclusions on the first stone affect the performance? From the plot of the second stone, can you say it is more like a ''VVS2'' stone or crystals on the table is not really not good? Sorry for all these questions. l
The plots on both of these stones look good to me, but I''m not an expert. Have them both brought in, have the vendor look at them and give you an opinion. Have you seen IS and ASET pics? That might be more helpful to you in terms of the performance of these stones. RE: the price differential, do you want a VS1? Some folks don''t want to pay for what they can''t see. Others like knowing that their diamond meets this type of criteria. What is important to you? My comfort zone is G VS2
2.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Are these just rapnet stones or are these WF signature brands?

biubiu

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/23/2007 12:00:16 PM
Author: fire&ice
What''s rapnet stones? These are not from WF.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2007 12:15:02 PM

Ahh - now I understand. Couldn''t figure out why someone else would sell WF stones. These stone that you posted are more than likely from a wholesaler''s listing - usually posted in conjuction w/ other wholesaler''s on a list call rapnet (I think). WF does indeed own their own stones & brands them (ACA, Expert selection). They also list other stones from this list as does other retailers. They can call these in just like your jeweler.

More than likely the jeweler you are dealing with does not own these stones. He may - or they might be down the hall from him in the diamond district.

Have you seen them?

biubiu

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/23/2007 12:42:01 PM

Date: 3/23/2007 12:15:02 PM

Ahh - now I understand. Couldn''t figure out why someone else would sell WF stones. These stone that you posted are more than likely from a wholesaler''s listing - usually posted in conjuction w/ other wholesaler''s on a list call rapnet (I think). WF does indeed own their own stones & brands them (ACA, Expert selection). They also list other stones from this list as does other retailers. They can call these in just like your jeweler.

More than likely the jeweler you are dealing with does not own these stones. He may - or they might be down the hall from him in the diamond district.

Have you seen them?
I see. I do found these stones are listed under many vendors when I did the search on PS. I did saw the stones yesterday. I am a first time buyer, and are not color sensetive or whatsoever, so pretty much the stones I saw yesterday all looked the same to me
8.gif
That''s why I can''t make up my mind.

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
I would choose the first stone, it is less money, doesn well on the HCA, is the same size and a VS2 clarity is great in that you won''t see any inclusions. But, if you are not color sensitive, you could safely go down to a G or H and still have a gorgeous stone. If you post a budget, you might get some suggestions.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2007 11:26:54 AM

Can anyone please run a idealscope simulation for these two stones for me? Thanks!!!!!!
The person who has the stones has to take the IS photos. I''m not aware of any simulation...

biubiu

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/23/2007 1:26:17 PM
Author: hikerchick
I would choose the first stone, it is less money, doesn well on the HCA, is the same size and a VS2 clarity is great in that you won''t see any inclusions. But, if you are not color sensitive, you could safely go down to a G or H and still have a gorgeous stone. If you post a budget, you might get some suggestions.
I have a budget of $10k. I really wanted to stay in the colorless range and VS1 or above before I found out about PS. After I saw pictures of many many gorgeous stones that are lower in color and/or clarity, I started to ask myself questions. I would like to save some money and buy a lower clarity stone but I am afraid that it''s gonna bother me in the future.

biubiu

Rough_Rock

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/23/2007 1:56:30 PM

Date: 3/23/2007 1:26:17 PM
Author: hikerchick
I have a budget of $10k. I really wanted to stay in the colorless range and VS1 or above before I found out about PS. After I saw pictures of many many gorgeous stones that are lower in color and/or clarity, I started to ask myself questions. I would like to save some money and buy a lower clarity stone but I am afraid that it''s gonna bother me in the future.
We bought a VS2 because I was afraid of SI1s but have seen so many pretty eye-clean SI1 diamonds that would be worth the effort to check out. If you are truly afraid of seeing the inclusions, you will be plenty safe with a VS2 . . . I have hawk eyes and have yet to spot any inclusions in a GIA or AGS VS2 even at close range. Check out the "search by cut" database on this site, you might come up with other options . . . but if you want to stick with the first 2 you posted, I still vote for the cheaper one.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2007 2:02:56 PM

Date: 3/23/2007 1:56:09 PM
Author: risingsun

The person who has the stones has to take the IS photos. I''m not aware of any simulation...
I found this

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/another-simulated-light-return-reading-please.7077/
In that case, you will need to find someone with that type of program...sadly, I am not one them
8.gif

biubiu

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/23/2007 2:40:40 PM

Date: 3/23/2007 2:02:56 PM

Date: 3/23/2007 1:56:09 PM

I found this

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/another-simulated-light-return-reading-please.7077/
In that case, you will need to find someone with that type of program...sadly, I am not one them
8.gif
Thank you anyway Risingsun.

biubiu

Rough_Rock
3 more questions. Sorry........

1. Do feather inclusion tend to break the surface of the stone? The first stone has some feathers on the edge of the stone.

2. Are crystals most likely to be black?

3. When kind of paperworks do you get when you purchase a diamond?

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
You really need to speak with your vendor and ask him to look at these stones for you. It depends upon the inclusions. In VS1 and VS2, I wouldn't think you would have a problem, but you have to ask specific questions about these diamonds. I asked about eveything on my stone's plot until I was satisfied. Your vendor has to have the diamonds in-hand, however, to discuss your concerns. When I bought my diamond, I received the AGS Diamond Quality Doqument, which substantiates what the vendor has said about the cut, clarity, color, and size of the stone. You should be receiving the original GIA Diamond Grading Report--the hard copy of the report you posted online. Of course, your invoice, return policy, upgrade policy, if any. I had diamond evaluated by an independent appraiser, for my own peace of mind. Good luck
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results