shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me decide.... full eternity or half eternity?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LovelyHearts

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I''ve been trying to decide between a full eternity ring or a half eternity ring. I know there are pros and cons between the 2, but even considering all that, I can''t seem to decide!

I love the look of full eternity. There''s just something about knowing that there are diamonds that go all the way around that makes me feel giddy.

But I have 2 small kids and I have a very busy lifestyle with juggling a full time job, my 2 babies, school, housework, etc. I also never take off my rings. I wear them to the gym (under my work-out gloves), in the shower, while doing dishes (under my yellow rubber gloves), in the pool when I take my 2 year old to her swim classes, when I sleep, I honestly never take them off.

My main concern is that I''ll damage the ring or I''ll lose a stone. I know the half eternity will offer the same look but I don''t have to worry about losing the stones as much. But it comes back to how I love seeing the diamonds go all the way around.

What should I do? Please help me decide! Anyone have an eternity ring they never take off and have never damaged?

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Based on how you wear your rings, you have just as much of a chance of losing a stone in a half eternity.
So go for the one you like best
1.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
if you plan on wearing your ring 24/7 I would not get a full eternity. you''re lifestyle and a full diamond band do not mesh well and I think you''d have a lot of problems with the ring/stones falling out etc. Half eternity would be a better choice though it''s going to suffer some abuse too if you''re wearing it during all the activities you are doing. Have you considered wearing a plain band when you swim, work out, etc. and then wearing the diamond band when you are going out or doing things that won''t cause potential damage? The other option would be to get a diamond band that is held together by 4 prongs. Mara''s rings are designed this way and it will at least make them a little more secure. But, you are right that there is still a chance a stone could come out with a lot of ring abuse.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've had all kinds...
Half,
3/4,
eternities

- a question for you
are you done having kids? if you are not, then I might wait to get an eternity ring, since your ring size might change if you have more children and you can't resize many eternities. Also while I love the look of full eternity, I do not like having the paranoid feeling of having a chipped/loose/lost diamond from a full eternity which did come true after six weeks.
I have had 3/4s while I like the look of this as well,,, the sizing bar bugged me too as it spin. So after a round about ways, I prefer my half eternity since it is more carefree for me and I don't worry that much on damaging the underside and getting gunk in the bottom (I too have kids) but yes, it spins unless I wear it with my e-ring. I also like the fact that it cost less and I can get bigger stones for the top that are actually showing.

Its your personal preference really. I'm pretty rough on my hands, even though I *Try* to be more consciencious of my rings.... but the other part of me... just don't want to have to worry about one more thing about the underside of my eternity ring....

LovelyHearts

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I didn''t realize I was abusing my rings by wearing them all the time... my poor babies.
7.gif

LovelyHearts

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/16/2010 4:25:30 PM
Author: D&T
I''ve had all kinds...
Half,
3/4,
eternities

- a question for you
are you done having kids? if you are not, then I might wait to get an eternity ring, since your ring size might change if you have more children and you can''t resize many eternities. Also while I love the look of full eternity, I do not like having the paranoid feeling of having a chipped/loose/lost diamond from a full eternity which did come true after six weeks.
I have had 3/4s while I like the look of this as well,,, the sizing bar bugged me too as it spin. So after a round about ways, I prefer my half eternity since it is more carefree for me and I don''t worry that much on damaging the underside and getting gunk in the bottom (I too have kids) but yes, it spins unless I wear it with my e-ring. I also like the fact that it cost less and I can get bigger stones for the top that are actually showing.

Its your personal preference really. I''m pretty rough on my hands, even though I *Try* to be more consciencious of my rings.... but the other part of me... just don''t want to have to worry about one more thing about the underside of my eternity ring....
I am definitely done having kids.... lol, .. but that''s a whole nother thread.

I''m leaning towards getting the eternity and maybe just getting into the habit of removing my rings before I do anything active. The main reason why I don''t remove my rings is I''m scared to lose them!

Anybody insure their eternity rings? If I am able to insure them, I can wear them all the time and not worry.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
If you hate spinning rings, get full eternity and insure it incase something happens to it.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
definitely insure it. but keep in mind that you really will only have one or two claims until the insurance company will drop you
2.gif

i''ve got kids and a crazy life schedule too. I wear a half baguette band to the gym, in the pool or basically whenever I''m not wearing my e-ring (which I don''t wear 24/7). If you really want a full eternity I would go for it. I want a full eternity band at some point too! But, I would suggest trying to get into the habit of leaving it at home if you are going to be doing something super active with your hands etc.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How about a 3/4 eternity?

spinning is less of a concern, but you still avoid diamonds on the very bottom.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
No one is saying you abuse your rings
4.gif
Its just a term we use around here to describe daily wear and an active lifestyle versus babying one''s rings.

I don''t personally like to baby my rings. I wear them cooking, bathing my son, basically doing everything except dishes and heavy lifting. I take them off for bed, that''s all. I want rings that can take some abuse. I did have one diamond come loose early on in my Dream ring, but BGD replaced it for me because it was so early in the life of my ring and I was not wearing my half eternity much at that time... maybe 2-3 times per week. Usually I wear my plain band. No isses since then! But I do baby my eternity more than my plain band I suppose.

Anyways, I like the half eternity because I don''t like even *thinking* about damage to my rings. I want to wear them and enjoy them. Spinning happens sometimes, but it isn''t enough to bother me. I prefer half eternity to 3/4 for some reason. It makes the lack of full eternity look purposeful or something.

Anyways, if you like to wear your rings all the time and not worry then half is better. Or else, just insure the ring and send it to BGD regularly to be checked. Replacing a diamond is not expensive, maybe $40, and that ongoing cost may be worth it to you.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results