shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me decide between these two 2.25 ct diamonds!

monatl

Rough_Rock
Hi Everybody, I'm going to make a decision in the next 24 hours and am torn between these two 2.25 ct diamonds from James Allen. What is more important here, better light return or symmetry? How do the inclusions play into this? Please let me know what you think and why! Thank you so much! Any input is much appreciated!

http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-dia...g-color-vvs1-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-102761
2.28 G VVS1 GIA Triple Ex HCA 1.3
Depth: 60.5
Table: 57
Crown: 34
Pavilion: 41
Pros: The more eye-brilliant and better light return between the two, according to the JA gemologist
Cons: Symmetry is not great, as apparent from the IS. There is a decent size cloud under the table at the 2 oclock if the JA image is rotated to the right.
102761.png
102761.jpg

http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-dia...-f-color-vs1-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-387564
2.20 F VS1 GIA Triple Ex HCA 1.2
Depth: 61
Table: 56
Crown: 34.5
Pavilion: 40.8
Pros: Much better symmetry between the two, as apparent from the IS.
Cons: Less eye-brilliant and the slightest center light leakage from the IS. Two pinpoint/needle inclusions on the table, one larger needle near the girdle at the 5 oclock but might be able to be covered by the prong.
387564.png
387564_0.jpg

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Please help me decide between these two 2.25 ct diamonds

I'll take the F VS1. No need to worry about inclusions with a VS1 stone.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Both of these stones look to be very nice stones. I tend to go with what the JA gemologist says since they can see them unless
what they say isnt significant in my mind/priorities.

I hate paying for a VVS1 when a VS1 is good enough but since these stones are reserved I cant see what the price difference is.
Let us know what the difference is.

For some reason I tend to like the look of the F better...but I'd take either in a heartbeat!

monatl

Rough_Rock

The prices are almost identical so that is not a factor. What would you rather have, an extra smidge of light return or an extra smidge of symmetry? I'd imagine both differences would be slightly noticeable to the eye.

I know VS1+ is eye clean from 6 inches but I'd imagine these inclusions could still be seen by the naked eye if held close enough and at the right angle. Do you agree and how noticeable do you think the VS1 inclusions will be? If the inclusions are a wash between the two, then I might just go with higher light return vs better symmetry.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results