shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me decide before the FINAL purchase...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Buddha

Rough_Rock
Diamond 1

Diamond 2

Both are triple 0 AGS. But which do you think would have better light return? Is an H color gonna be that much different then an I in a white gold setting? And one final question does a 1.04 ratio not look square? Thanks for everyones input before hand.

Ken G

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/11/2006 5:47:03 PM
Author:Buddha

Both are triple 0 AGS.
actually, only the second one is.
2.gif

But which do you think would have better light return?
go with the stone that is actually graded ''0'' for light return on the grading report.

Is an H color gonna be that much different then an I in a white gold setting?
it''s hard to say. there are many factors that come into play when viewing diamond color, including the accuracy of the grading. the ''h'' could be closer to ''g'' or closer to ''i'' and vice versa.

And one final question does a 1.04 ratio not look square?
it is still just on the square side of square.
1.gif

Buddha

Rough_Rock
Oops hehe I posted the wrong Diamond 1, it is corrected now.

Keep the replies coming
1.gif

jones47

Rough_Rock
Hmmm . . . well I''m no expert, but I have seen quite a few princess cuts the last few weeks.

I think I like the second one better (the .957 one is number 2, right?). It has a higher crown and the DiamXray is better in my opinion. I also like that it''s more square. That''s just a matter of preference, but I''ve looked at some princess diamonds that were off by about .2mm and they were noticibly rectangular. I couldn''t tell you how much difference the I color will make. I think you have to see them in person to know for sure. At least I do.

Buddha

Rough_Rock
Wow 63 views and only 2 responses, lots of lurkers on this forum :)

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
I know nothing about princess cuts, but to me they both look lovely. I suppose I would go for the H unless someone gave me a great reason why the I is better. I hear that princess cuts show color more than rounds.

Small

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/11/2006 11:10:04 PM
Author: wallermama
I know nothing about princess cuts, but to me they both look lovely. I suppose I would go for the H unless someone gave me a great reason why the I is better. I hear that princess cuts show color more than rounds.
I was going to say that exactly! My pick would be H based on color but I have no idea about the other specs with princess so maybe all the people lurking don''t want to comment because they don''t know much about princess stones either. Good luck!

Buddha

Rough_Rock
Lol, actually I think im gonna go back to my original non-trip 0''s diamond from Whiteflash, but thanks everyone for the input.

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results