shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me choose!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

forne

Rough_Rock
This is a great forum. I don''t do alot of posting, but I do alot of reading and I really appreciate all of your advice and opinions. What a great community. I have narrowed my search down to two diamonds and I would like and appreciate any advice you might have:

Diamond # 1
1.01TCW
princess
Cut: premium
Color: G
Clarity: VS2
Depth: 73.5%
Table: 69%
Symmetry: very good
Polish: very good
Girdle: M-TK
Culet: None
Flor: None
Measurements: 5.74-5.21X3.83
Length/width ratio: 1.10
Crown: 13.7%

Diamond # 2
1.01TCW
princess
Cut: premium
Color: F
Clarity: VS1
Depth: 77.8%
Table: 70%
Symmetry: excellent
Polish: very good
Girdle: M
Culet: None
Flor: None
Measurements: 5.74-5.35X4.16
Length/width ratio: 1.07

Both are WhiteFlash diamonds, and they have been great with me. My only concern is the length to width ratio on both, but it will be interesting to hear your input. Thanks so much, I am so excited to be nearing the end of this particular shopping journey...

Thanks!!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
is complete squareness important to you?

Garysax

Shiny_Rock
Both of them look pretty good. But as was said above, is square particularly important? If it isn''t, then you need to look elsewhere. However, I suspect you selected these stones on purpose to save some money so you''re comfortable with that tradeoff.

Main thing is you need to get IS images and pictures, #1 thing with fancies. Let that be your guide, and the eye of whomever you''re working with at WF. But the numbers look good for both. #2 is a little deeper, but you never know what that''s going to do with cut as it''s unpredictable.

Let us know how the IS and regular pics come out. If they''re good and you don''t mind a slightly rectangular stone I say go for it.

forne

Rough_Rock
Both of them look pretty good. But as was said above, is square particularly important? If it isn''t, then you need to look elsewhere. However, I suspect you selected these stones on purpose to save some money so you''re comfortable with that tradeoff.
You hit the nail on the head Garysax, these stones were selected b/c they are comparable in price and in my range. However, I may be in the minority when I say that a slightly rectangular princess is a little more appealing to me. I think there is some character to them and they seem to be a little less common (and a little less expensive which is great
3.gif
)

I am moving ahead with Diamond #1 to get the Sarin and idealscope from WF. I am working with Celina Vergas at WF and she has been great in case anyone is looking for some extra help. The diamond is supposed to come in today, and I will post the sarin and idealscope for your comments.

Thanks again for the comments! Please keep them coming.
I am so excited to see it!!
9.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
awesome forne! can''t wait to see the stone. please post the pics when you can.

Garysax

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/9/2006 12:27:52 PM
Author: forne

You hit the nail on the head Garysax, these stones were selected b/c they are comparable in price and in my range. However, I may be in the minority when I say that a slightly rectangular princess is a little more appealing to me. I think there is some character to them and they seem to be a little less common (and a little less expensive which is great
3.gif
)

I am moving ahead with Diamond #1 to get the Sarin and idealscope from WF. I am working with Celina Vergas at WF and she has been great in case anyone is looking for some extra help. The diamond is supposed to come in today, and I will post the sarin and idealscope for your comments.

Thanks again for the comments! Please keep them coming.

I am so excited to see it!!
9.gif

I think it''s an astute move to save a little money and add some cut, size, color and clarity if you like more rectangular stones anyway.

forne

Rough_Rock
The pics are in! I am having some trouble posting them, but I''ll give it a shot!
Let me know what you think!!
36.gif

forne001.JPG

forne

Rough_Rock
and:

forne2.JPG

forne

Rough_Rock
and finally:

forne3.JPG

Garysax

Shiny_Rock
Wow, that looks GREAT. Great IS pic. Sometimes rectangular stones have a lot more light leakage--not here. If you get it you might be getting a real bargain since many people dismiss more rectangular princess cuts out of hand.

forne

Rough_Rock
Well, I bought it!! My (fiance''s) engagment ring will be here by tomorrow!!
36.gif
36.gif
I was so impressed and pleased with the service from WhiteFlash. I went with a white gold v-prong tiffany setting with a platinum head. I am so grateful to this forum for helping me with such a major purchase. I will post some pics when it finally gets here. Ha, I feel like a kid on christmas eve waiting for it to arrive.
26.gif

forne

Rough_Rock
I got my ring today, and I love it! Score another satisfied customer for WhiteFlash! Here are the pics, tell me what you think!

forne25.jpg

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Karnak says..........."What is the look of sublime happiness?"

Answer.......The look your fiance will have when she see's that incredibly beautiful ring!

You may not get the Karnak reference if you didn't grow up with Johnny Carson. LOL

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Love it! That IS image is fantastic, the numbers are IDEAL (IMO)...and the stone reflects it! Great job!!! The ring is stunning
30.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
That ring is just beautiful. Good for you for thinking outside the box.

shay

Garysax

Shiny_Rock
That looks stunning, your stone looks awesome in the pictures. Very smart moving keeping your options open with the more rectangular stone.

16.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results