shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me choose!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

doctorlady99

Rough_Rock
Hello, everyone- I have been a lurker for some time on this site and I can''t thank you all enough for educating me! This is truly the biggest purchase of my and my fiancee''s life so I just want to make sure that I am making a good decision. I am close to making a purchase but would love your advice. I am looking for a RB with something around a 1.5 carat H-I eye clean SI1-SI2. Here are my top three options- any feedback you could provide would be terrific! Which one do you vote for? Do these sound OK?
Thanks so much in advance- you are all wonderful!

Stone #1:
GIA
7.41-7.42x4.52 mm
1.52 carat
I
SI1
Cut Grade: Ex
Polish: Ex
Symmetry: Ex
Flourescence: Medium Blue
Depth: 61.1%
Table: 57.6%
Crown Angle: 33.6
Pavillion Angle: 40.8
Culet: None
Girdle: Medium (faceted)
HCA: 1.0 (within TIC range)
Ex-Ex-Ex-Very Good (Spread)
$8036

Stone #2:
GIA
7.46-7.49x 4.46mm
1.50 carat
I
SI1
Cut Grade: Excellent
Flourescence: None
Depth: 59.7%
Table: 58%
Crown Angle: 32
Pavillion Angle: 41
Girdle: Thin to Medium, faceted
HCA: .8 (within BIC range)
Ex-Ex-Ex-Ex
$7618

Stone #3
GIA
7.36-7.38x4.56mm
1.52 carat
I
SI2
Depth: 61.9%%
Table: 56%
Crown Angle: 35.5
Pavillion Angle: 40.6
Girdle: Medium-Slightly Thick
HCA: 1.8 (within TIC range)
VG-Ex-VG-VG
$8394

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/10/2008 10:57:40 AM
Author:doctorlady99
Hello, everyone- I have been a lurker for some time on this site and I can't thank you all enough for educating me! This is truly the biggest purchase of my and my fiancee's life so I just want to make sure that I am making a good decision. I am close to making a purchase but would love your advice. I am looking for a RB with something around a 1.5 carat H-I eye clean SI1-SI2. Here are my top three options- any feedback you could provide would be terrific! Which one do you vote for? Do these sound OK?
Thanks so much in advance- you are all wonderful!

Stone #1:
GIA
7.41-7.42x4.52 mm
1.52 carat
I
SI1
Cut Grade: Ex
Flourescence: Medium Blue
Depth: 61.1%
Table: 57.6%
Crown Angle: 33.6
Pavillion Angle: 40.8
Girdle: Medium (faceted)
HCA: 1.0 (within TIC range)
Ex-Ex-Ex-Very Good (Spread)
$8036

Stone #2:
GIA
7.46-7.49x 4.46mm
1.50 carat
I
SI1
Depth: 59.7%
Table: 58%
Crown Angle: 32
Pavillion Angle: 41
Girdle: Thin to Medium, faceted
HCA: .8 (within BIC range)
Ex-Ex-Ex-Ex
$7618

Stone #3
GIA
7.36-7.38x4.56mm
1.52 carat
I
SI2
Depth: 61.9%%
Table: 56%
Crown Angle: 35.5
Pavillion Angle: 40.6
Girdle: Medium-Slightly Thick
HCA: 1.8 (within TIC range)
VG-Ex-VG-VG
$8394
Welcome!

Have you seen these diamonds in person, or are they with an online vendor? I would be most interested in the first and third, if online ask if you can have an Idealscope for each diamond, and check carefully that the diamonds are eyeclean to your standards by asking the vendor if applicable.

I am so glad you have found us helpful, very kind of you to say so!
35.gif

doctorlady99

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much for your quick reply! They are with an online vendor and are virtual stones, so I have not seen them. Is there one that stands out more than the others just by the numbers? I would then have them bring this one in I would have them check out the "eye-clean-ness" (is that even a word?).
26.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/10/2008 11:11:26 AM
Author: doctorlady99
Thanks so much for your quick reply! They are with an online vendor and are virtual stones, so I have not seen them. Is there one that stands out more than the others just by the numbers? I would then have them bring this one in I would have them check out the ''eye-clean-ness'' (is that even a word?).
26.gif
You are welcome! Well I like the first and third as the numbers fall into the range we like to see here, the second could be a nice diamond but the pavilion angle is shallow, so the others are '' better balanced.'' As to which are eyeclean then the only way to know is for a trusted vendor to look at the diamonds in person, SI1 with the first one could be eyeclean or eyeclean enough, so could the SI2 but there is a chance it may not be, so the safest bet for '' eyecleanliness'' to me would be the SI1.

doctorlady99

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much for your input! You are so helpful! Any other votes or thoughts? Thanks so much!

doctorlady99

Rough_Rock
If we compare the first and third stone (which it looks like are the two best), the HCA scores (the excellents versus the very good''s) are very different- should I put a lot of stake in these numbers and scores? I have heard that the HCA should be used to reject stones that score over a 2, but if both are below a 2, and yet the scores are different, should I put a lot of weight in that? Thanks again everyone! You''re terrific, Lorelei!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Number 1 looks the best to me. I think it is probably the best cut of the three, and I prefer SI1 over SI2 when possible.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results