shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me choose; comment on this stone

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

novice

Rough_Rock
Trying to make a choice. Please comment on any aspect of this one.

Shape and Cutting Style Pear Brillant
Measurements 10.76x7.28x4.60
Weight 2.15
Depth 63.4%
Table 62%
Girdle Med to VThick Faceted
Culet None
Polish Good
Symmetry Good
Clarity Grade SI2
Color Grade I
Fluorescence None

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Novice,

Every diamond has its price. Maybe you found a great deal for this particular diamond? How could we know? :)

How reliable are the grades? Does it have a grading report (GIA, EGL)?

What are your priorities? From this data I can guess you value the size the most.

Do you care about visible inclusions? Could you see any without a loupe?

Is I color white enough for you?

Finaly, do you like the look of the diamond comparing to others?

Otherwise, it is very difficult to comment on the stone sight unseen.

Give us more info :)

novice

Rough_Rock
Thank you vmuch. Here is more info.All 3 stones I am considering have GIA certs.I value size and color equally if the inclusions are not visible to the naked eye. Also, there are things that are not on the cert that I read are important. For instance, I'm not sure about how to determine what the approximate cut grade is for the stones; since from what I read GIA does not have specifications regarding the ideal cut or any cut grade or the ideal depth for Pear shape. Are there are guidelines for shape appeal?

I have been on the Internet for a couple of weeks,yet due to the lack of information on Pear shapes--which I love--I am almost ready to settle for a round shape which I don't like very much. All 3 stones I am considering seem to have some bow tie although they vary quite a bit in depth. How important is bow tie to the value of the stone? Should I hold out for NO bow tie effect visible to the naked eye? I am also considering the two below. Please keep them in mind as you comment. Thaks again.

Pear Brillant
12.33x7.33x4.52
2.21 Carat
Clarity--VS2
Color--G
Flourescence--None
Depth 61.7%
Table 52%
Girdle Vthin to Thick Faceted
Culet None
Polish Very Good
Symmetry Good
Price 17,850

Pear Brillant
11.48x6.56x3.64
1.65 carats
Clarity--VS1
Color Grade H
Flourescence None
Depth 55.5%
table 60%
Girdle VThin to VThick Faceted
Culet Small
Polish Very Good
Symmetry Good
Price 9,750

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results