shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me choose an emerald-cut lab diamond

serenity_1217

Rough_Rock
Hi, I have been searching for a long time for a beautifully cut emerald cut. I have never had one and do not see it often here where I live so I am not very familiar with what I am supposed to look at when it comes to cut. I am a bit familiar with shadowing but not very experienced. I like the size and price of this emerald cut. Can you all please provide me with some guidance if this is a good emerald cut?
Here are the details from the website:
Shape: Emerald
Carat Weight: 5.97 ct.
Color: H
Clarity: VS2
Cut: Super Ideal
Certification: IGI
Depth %: 65.0 %
Table %: 62 %
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Measurements: 12.73x8.77x5.44 mm
Length to Width: 1.45
Girdle: Thin - Medium
Culet: Long
Fluorescence: None

Here is a picture and a link to the video.

618410439.jpg

Last edited:

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
The link doesn't work.

0-0-0

Brilliant_Rock
I can see CVD grain/strain in the video. Not sure how visible it would be in person, but I would keep looking.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As far as cut, I think it looks pretty good. One of the main things you have to look out for is a lot of Emerald cuts dont
sparkle/flash/step all the way down into the center. This one looks like it does.

Other things...that there are not too many dark/off facets showing at the same time. Else you'll just end up with an overly dark
stone.

Table/crown...make sure the stone's table is not too large and that you have some crown height. Its hard to tell the crown height
in this video but it looks to be ok to me*.

I'm not good at evaluating issues that are particular to lab stones...others are though!

serenity_1217

Rough_Rock
As far as cut, I think it looks pretty good. One of the main things you have to look out for is a lot of Emerald cuts dont
sparkle/flash/step all the way down into the center. This one looks like it does.

Other things...that there are not too many dark/off facets showing at the same time. Else you'll just end up with an overly dark
stone.

Table/crown...make sure the stone's table is not too large and that you have some crown height. Its hard to tell the crown height
in this video but it looks to be ok to me*.

I'm not good at evaluating issues that are particular to lab stones...others are though!

Thank you so much! This is a very helpful evaluation of this stone. I do plan on looking at it in person as the company has a good return policy.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much! This is a very helpful evaluation of this stone. I do plan on looking at it in person as the company has a good return policy.

Let us know what you think of it in person and post any good pics you can get of it.

0-0-0

Brilliant_Rock
Be sure to check it out in as many lighting situations as possible. The CVD grain/strain would be easiest to spot under lighting that highlights fire or when the steps are lit up in rainbows.

serenity_1217

Rough_Rock
Be sure to check it out in as many lighting situations as possible. The CVD grain/strain would be easiest to spot under lighting that highlights fire or when the steps are lit up in rainbows.

I will do this and follow your advice. Thank you so much.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results