shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me choose a style for my first MRB pendant!

Which setting would you choose?

• Bezel pendant

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • Octagonal halo pendant

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am hoping to embark on a pendant project for a MRB stone in early 2017. I am torn between two settingss, a classic bezel setting and an octagonal halo setting (quite a contrast, I realize!). Both pendants are from wonderful PS-approved vendors, and in the interest of objectivity I am posting photos without their logos, although many if not most of you will likely recognize these pendants nonetheless!

Please take a momentt to vote for your favorite... that said, any other suggestions are also welcome!! :twirl: Many thanks, everyone!

bezel_pendant__plain_.jpg

octagonal_pendant.jpg

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So far there seems to be a preference for the classic bezel... no argument there! :twirl: It is beautiful and timeless. Obviously these two pendants have totally different looks and I like them both for different reasons. I have never had a MRB pendant and would love something that I can wear regularly. Any other opinions, thoughts, suggestions are deeply appreciated!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi carbonfan! Do you have any other pendants? Do you intend to wear this piece alone or would you want to layer it?

Q

Queenie60

Personally, I would do the bezel pendant. It's more versatile and you can dress it up or down. The halo pendant is beautiful however, not as versatile. I have two halo pendants, they're both quite beautiful however I do not wear them much. I have one bezel pendant and I wear it daily. Just my opinion, for what it's worth!

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much for sharing your insights!

ac117, I currently have one other pendant, a heart-shaped melee type that I wear almost daily. I am not planning to layer the new pendant with it... actually I had not really considered layering pendants, but that is something to think about! My sense is that each pendant will be a standalone piece, although it would be nice to have the option to layer them here or there to change up the look!

Queenie60, I tend to agree with you. I love the meticulous detail of the octagonal pendant, but I seem to gravitate toward more timeless, classic pieces and the bezel seems to be grabbing me for that reason alone. It is just so clean and classic. Thanks for your input!!

The bezel pendant I posted is BGD's Barbara (I am sure most of you probably recognized it!)... are there any other bezel pendants that I should consider? I am sure there are others that are worthy of consideration, but I am brand new to the pendant world!!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The other pendant style I would recommend is Queenie's double milgrain bezel. It's exquisite! I have the single bezel version with the Mickey Mouse ears. IDJ made ours and plenty of other pendants.

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
It is funny I'm about to embark. On a pear shape pendant . I have a classic bezel and now I'm going for the halo. I love my classic bezel . but not I will have one of each. If your heart is a halo stay with classic for the MB

Q

Queenie60

img_1837_1.jpg
This is a photo of my double millgrain bezel pendant from IDJ - set in platinum. I wear it every day. Layer it with my pearls and it's delightful. Set in platinum with adjustable jump rings - 16", 17" and 18". Very versatile and looks much larger than a 1 carat stone due to the cut of the stone and the double bezel. Good luck - I hope you find the right pendant for you! Fun project. :appl:

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That is simply gorgeous, Queenie!! :drool:

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since you already have a heart in a halo, I voted for the classic bezel! Either will be stunning for sure, though!

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the input! I agree; I think that the bezel is a classic, timeless choice. My heart pendant is just an open melee design, nothing fancy, but I love it and wear it every day. I have never had a pendant with a center stone, and I really want to get this right the first time so I don't second guess myself later! (I am going through just such a conundrum with my e-ring setting right now, so I really want to get the pendant setting right!)

I can always count on you all to give great advice. Thanks again, everyone!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results