shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me choose a stone for my setting!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sharon101

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone,

I feel very stuck and unable to think clearly at all with my coloured ring project.

I am fairly sure that I want to use aquamarine as it is quite pretty and soft looking. And John has a rough that would fit the bill!!!! But I have no clue what to get him to cut the shape into!!!!

There are a few choices. I could get a princess shape that is exactly the same as what is there now.....or I could get an asscher or square radiant or squarish cushion to go with the shape of the halo.

Alternatively, I could go very art deco and put a small stone (maybe emerald?) and have add another halo ie. double halo effect. I even have a round diamond that I could set into the centre and perhaps have a coloured halo going on???

I do also love the tourmalines & garnets that I have seen but know next to nothing about them so feel like not adding to my confusion at this point????

I would be extreemly grateful if someone could photoshop my picture for me!!!!

TIA Sharon

IMG_0516colouredcrop.JPG

kjt

Rough_Rock
Sorry, no good with photoshop, but what about a yellow sapphire?

Sharon101

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/22/2008 12:47:35 AM
Author: kjt
Sorry, no good with photoshop, but what about a yellow sapphire?
Yes, that does sound pretty!!!!

But my main delemour is what shape to get!!! The diamond that sits there in the photo is gone and I am trying to recycle this setting so its not wasted.

Trouble is, I dont know what will suit it the best.

lasscreative

Shiny_Rock
I would put an asscher in there!

lasscreative

Shiny_Rock
It would be better if you have a bigger picture. This is an asscher aqua in your setting. This is my vote.

lasscreative

Shiny_Rock
don''t know where the pic went?

aqua_crop.jpg

Sharon101

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for that!!!!

Maybe this picture is more clear to work with?

IMG_0553colouredasscher.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
check out paraibainternational.com and look at their blue green tourmalines. I would put one of those in there.

lasscreative

Shiny_Rock
This is terrible photoshopping right here!! This is a Jeff White asscher. But in order to put anything other then a princess in that setting (because the right angle prongs) you will need to alter the setting. Hence why the corners are showing!

But I agree with tourmaline_lover, A blue/green tourmaline would look sensational as well.

aqua_colouredasscher.jpg

kjt

Rough_Rock
I personally would opt for a cushion. How about this one?

I like the cushion because it sort of goes with the shape of your ring. The asscher would be my second choice :)

Sharon101

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/22/2008 11:51:10 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover
check out paraibainternational.com and look at their blue green tourmalines. I would put one of those in there.
Dear T. lover, sorry that I didnt get back to you last time that you replied to my post! First off, thank you for your generous advice. I did indeed spend ages looking up tourmalines on your word about them. And I did check out the site you quote here.

The thing is that I have never seen a tourmaline irl and know next to nothing about them. They are soooo varied in colour that I wouldnt know what to choose either as I have never seen one. I still cant work out the pricing either because some seem eaqual to the cost of the aqua, and some seem more expensive than diamonds!!!!! Because I need a large stone that measures 8.5 * 8.5 approx. I am price sensitive. I was hoping to spend under $1000 Aust.

But since `meeting` you I have really opened my eyes to the idea of tourmalines in general. Some of them are truely magnificent.

But I still need to work out the shape!!!!

Sharon101

Brilliant_Rock
Dear Lasscreative,

thank you for that!!!!! I sort of think that the asscher shape is too fancy even though I love this cut in a coloured stone.

So now to narrow the choices down between radient or cushion.

And, yes, I have a jeweller who can modify the setting no end.

Sharon101

Brilliant_Rock
Hi KJT, that is beautiful.

I wonder if anybody could photo shoot it for me onto my ring?

Anyway, thanks girls so far.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results