shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me choose a sapphire

diamondgirl5k

Shiny_Rock
Hello, I think I have narrowed down two sapphires that I'm considering for a princess diana type ring. I was wanting something that is not too dark, cornflower/medium intense blue. Can you please give me your opinion on these two? In the attached, it's the top left and top middle sapphires that I am considering. Please give me your honest opinions. Both stones are unheated. Neither is GIA certified but I am requesting that they be certified prior to me purchasing. Thanks!

IMG_6822.jpeg

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Top middle for the win! It looks like a great sapphire from what we see. Will they provide any other pictures or video? It would be nice to see more of it.

voce

Ideal_Rock
Middle top in a heartbeat. Assuming it's not 2X as expensive as everything else. Even a 50% premium might be justified based on color and cut.

MariMeow

Rough_Rock
Top middle for the color, OR bottom right for the clarity.

Haha, I'm so glad that I had a similar reaction to most of you, must mean I'm getting better at choosing the good stuff.

voce

Ideal_Rock
Top middle for the color, OR bottom right for the clarity.

Haha, I'm so glad that I had a similar reaction to most of you, must mean I'm getting better at choosing the good stuff.

Bottom right looks nice on the left hand shot, but reveals a horribly large tilt window on the right hand shot. I would request a video where the top middle is rotated just to be sure that one doesn't have a horribly large window either. I'm become more and more of a snob with windows. 8)

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
Top middle :kiss2:

Cina_s

Shiny_Rock
middle!!!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another vote for the top middle one - it popped at me right away!

Personal preferences and all that.

DK :kiss2:

MariMeow

Rough_Rock
Bottom right looks nice on the left hand shot, but reveals a horribly large tilt window on the right hand shot. I would request a video where the top middle is rotated just to be sure that one doesn't have a horribly large window either. I'm become more and more of a snob with windows. 8)

SO true!!

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Top middle stone! Nice colour :)

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Have you seen any of these in person? Do they have a ciable returns policy if you dont like it when it arrives?

diamondgirl5k

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all for your responses. No I haven’t seen them in person but the vendor is giving me a 5 day period to see them/have them reviewed by an appraiser. What’s interesting is the top left one is a lot more expensive. It’s about $13k and the other is almost 9k. Similar size. Both Unheated. I wonder why the top left one is so much more expensive? I’ve attached a picture of what I want the finished ring /stone to look like (a smaller version). I do have more pictures of the top left stone that I’ll also attach. I have videos also but can’t figure out how to post them
941BE73A-BE9E-4225-9D06-B8E7D924F7E7.png
This is what I want it to look like on a smaller scale

E8738AA4-46DA-4397-A4A9-35192ACBF411.png
this is another shot of the top left stone

314CB5F7-C577-4449-92C2-E8216FE25D9A.png
and the stone on the right is the same stone on the top left of the original photos

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm confused now. Looks like the two "top left" stones, with the former "top-middle" now on the right.

Both look windowed now and I really can't see what's going on with the larger-appearing stone.

Again, impossible to make a purchase decision with cellphone photos. I don't know if that magical color was all "in silico."

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Nope. Top left stone too windowed. As previously commented by others, I think top middle is nicest! Can we see more pics of that one?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all for your responses. No I haven’t seen them in person but the vendor is giving me a 5 day period to see them/have them reviewed by an appraiser. What’s interesting is the top left one is a lot more expensive. It’s about $13k and the other is almost 9k. Similar size. Both Unheated. I wonder why the top left one is so much more expensive? I’ve attached a picture of what I want the finished ring /stone to look like (a smaller version). I do have more pictures of the top left stone that I’ll also attach. I have videos also but can’t figure out how to post them

and the stone on the right is the same stone on the top left of the original photos

In your bottom photo (on the gloved hand), which is the left stone? Is that the one from the middle that we liked? And the one on the right is the top left from the original photos, right? Now I am confused.

diamondgirl5k

Shiny_Rock

in the last photo, disregard the stone that's on the left. the one on the "right" is actually the top left stone that was in the original pictures. sorry i know this is getting confusing.

lmyracle

Shiny_Rock
Premium
So neither of those, in the last photo you posted (the gloved hand with two stones), is a photo of the top middle in your original photo? My vote is top-middle like everyone has already said. Would love to see closer photos of the top middle.

diamondgirl5k

Shiny_Rock
I will have the stones on Wednesday of this week, I’ll take pictures and give stats on them once I have them in hand. Thank you all!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The top middle makes my heart SING!!! That is going to be absolutely beautiful :kiss2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results