shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me choose a diamond!

tripleX

Rough_Rock
Hi there,

I am assisting a friend choose a diamond for his engagement ring and I don't have much experience in pear shapes or lab-made diamonds.

Here are the links to the possible diamonds (shortlist):

The questions are:
1) Is there any difference in look/appearance to HPHT or CVD?
2) All reports are from IGI and I have no experience with IGI...which has the best cut?
3) I know the best cut diamond will have the best sparkle. Can you please help select which one might sparkle most?

Essentially he is after the one with the best cut/most sparkle. Symmetry and Polish should be excellent too. I notice some of the reports lump this together? Is this normal?

Thanks so much in advance!

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
They all look like nice pears. If you and your friend are in Australia (and therefore searching with Novita), then it's best to go and take a look in person.

I don't think there's a lot of difference between HPHT and CVD these days, if the lab is using new machines. I only have CVDs so I can't comment further. As for IGI, they seem to be less conservative than GIA with colour, clarity etc. but hard to say with cut. All the diamonds seem fairly true to their graded colour. As for sparkle, you'd really need to see them in other lighting. None of them seem to be too shallow (or too deep).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results