shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help inspire a moonstone station necklace

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I am working on my 1st totally custom piece, and I would love any inspiration you can give me.

My idea is to use 6 pairs of oval moonstones (~6 x 8 mm each) and 1 pear shaped moonstone (~ 8 x 10mm) in a white metal station necklace, with the pear as a center drop. Overall, I am struggling with the actual details of the design. Are there any examples of station necklaces you could post to help inspire me?

I've posted a Yurman necklace below. I like the idea of having a central link in the middle that unifies the necklace to the drop. Otherwise, this look is too chunky for me. I like the simplicity of Elsa Peretti, but want some unique element.

Thank you!

yurman_ovalstatementnecklace.jpg

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I've attached a picture of the best pair below. The other ones have less schiller and are less clear.

110920_moonstones.jpg

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
with little sapphires

moonstation.jpg

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Vapid, I love this necklace! I saw this also online and it's what inspired me to do this project. I looked for sapphire cabochons (instead of faceted like in the picture) online, and found some at Gem Select, but am on the fence about introducing sapphires. I am concerned that it will make the piece less versatile, but at the same time, the schiller can be hard to see, and sapphires might make the necklace have more presence.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Tiffany 1910, again with montana sapphires

TiffanyMoonstones.jpg

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
That is stunning. Do you know if anyone puts moonstones in closed versus open-back bezels to help the schiller?

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I love this necklace and I think it would great if you used moonstones with a design like this!

sapphirependantsarah1.jpg

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Sarahbear! I love how the pear looks and your picture makes me more confident about using my pear as a drop.

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
How about something this with the pears dangling?

49453685.jpg

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Chel180. That's very pretty!

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
pregcurious|1319827818|3049517 said:
Vapid, I love this necklace! I saw this also online and it's what inspired me to do this project. I looked for sapphire cabochons (instead of faceted like in the picture) online, and found some at Gem Select, but am on the fence about introducing sapphires. I am concerned that it will make the piece less versatile, but at the same time, the schiller can be hard to see, and sapphires might make the necklace have more presence.

I wouldn't add colored stones/sapphires myself. I think they would upstage the moonstones which are a delicate blue color and wash them out. How about white sapphires or opals in there if you want a secondary stone, a soft white would make the blue stand out more. Or how about some pale blue aquamarines, they would give more presence and color? a combo like this

moonstone-pendant1.jpg

sgp00039.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results