My boyfriend and I have been searcing for stone now for almost 4 months. We started out with knowing I wanted an f color, than we setled on clarity of VS2. Then I started researching cut and the nightmares began!!!!! First, there is no set ideal for Emerald cut diamonds. I found David Atlas' site and his ideal suggested dimensions, but finding these characteristics has been a nightmare. I have been to numerous dealers and I have one very patient dealer, but everyone's patience are beginning to wear thin. I recently found a 2.27 EC stone with proportions of 1.33 to 1 lxw, Depth = 66, Table = 67, VS2 and G color. I know I said I wanted an F, but this is a beautiful stone. No culet, no fluorescence, vg symmetry, excellent polish. Now for the problem. At first I was a little hesitant given it was a G so I asked the lady if I could come back in and look at it next vto an F, given that normally even without an F color stone next to it I can see yellow, but this time I could not. Then I was a little hesitant because the corners are cut a little more slanted than most emerald cuts I have seen and when I called an apraiser who said he studied with David Atlas and he told me I was in the 2B range of diamonds and should look for something better. Than he told me I should ask the dealer for the crown angle and a Sarin report. Well she couldn't give it to me. Willing to take the chance and purchase the stone and bring it to David Atlas to be appraised I called her up and asked her about her return policy if everything wasn't up to par. The woman I had been dealing with wasn't there and I spoke with her boss who flipped out on the phone screaming at me that she has never dealt with anyone like me in her 27 years of business. She said everyone had been laughing at me because I had so many specifications and that the only confirmation she allows is that the stone is dropped off at GIA or any other accredited lab and when we pick the stone up in 4 days, I pay her and thats the end of story. She said that I was wasting her time for the $1150 she was making on the stone and they do not offer any type of money-back guarantee as long as the stone matches up with GIA. I will have you know that originally on Saturday when we went to see the stone, her husband Jeff ahd said it was OK to give us 7-10 business days to get the stone GIA cert and appraised at the Jewelery Doctor in Long Island, NY. Now she is livid and said we have made her wait to long for the $. I don't think 3 days to make an enormous decision as this is that long! I don't know what to do. I was so upset today and I don't know if I will be able to find a deal like the one I was getting again. The stone was only costing us $14,150. I have looked on the internet and with the specs I want, if I can even find them, the prices are a $1000 more or better. I said to her that she must not have confidence in her stone or there would not be a problem, but she said they are involved in the 47th ST better business district counsel (HEADS) and we could call up thebetter business bureau to see they have no compalints. I am so upset, confused and am starting to think maybe I am too critical and insane. Please offer some help. Thanks.