shape
carat
color
clarity

Please Help.... Going to look at This Diamond....

NewbieinNY

Rough_Rock
I have been reading all of your helpfull comments and thoughts for the past 4 months and really have learned a lot. So now that I am about to make the plunge myself, who else would I turn to but the people I have trusted my learning with ; )

I am going to go look at this stone within the next week. I have locked it down and want to know your thoughts. I want the most brilliant beatiful stone possible!

It is a 2.50 carat, F, VS2, XXX no flourescence no Culet and the dimensions are

Depth 59.5%
Table 60%
Girdle Medium/Sl thick
33.5 Table angle
40.8 pavillion angle
50% star length
80 pavillion length
HCA: 1.5

The GIA number is 2135667429

My question is 2 parts. I have looked at the HCA rating and it is 1.5 (do you think this will be good?) also got the 60/60 I have heard so many talk about (60% depth / 60% table)
Second, it is $51,500 which is only 11% premium to rap sheet, do you think this is a fair price?

Thank you for all of your help and comments I truly appreciate it!!

Attachments

• 2.50.pdf
    540.5 KB · Views: 65

NewbieinNY

Rough_Rock
Thank you SO much! please any comments or thoughts are greatly appreciated!

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
I think the price looks good!

NewbieinNY

Rough_Rock
Thank you, what are your thoughts about the stone itself?

NewbieinNY

Rough_Rock
Also, is there anything I should be aware of or should ask when I get it inspected. As I mentioned I care mostly about the sparkle and fire of the stone.

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Do you have any images? I suggest you ask for those.

NewbieinNY

Rough_Rock
Unfortunately I do not. I am going to see the stone for the first time later this week or early next week. All I have is GIA certificate and HCA ratings.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What type of light return you get depends largely on what type of light there is to return... Have them clean the stone and look at it in various types of lighting - direct sunlight by a window, diffuse office lights in the back, in the dimness under a desk, under the counters. Compare it to another stone or two w/ different sorts of proportions, see what you prefer. Then get the stone(s) dirty - rub your fingerprints all over - and do the same thing - they're usually dirty after a few minutes of wear IRL!

Nothing to worry about in the numbers, absolutely nothing wrong w/ a well-cut 60/60 type, or a well-cut any other type - you just need to find out what you personally prefer. You're in a good position to make the most educated choice you can, by letting your eyes choose, so do lots of comparing and then at the end trust whatever they tell you they like best ::)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results