shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help, found destroyed antique diamonds

Elizabethhunts

Rough_Rock
I do hope you also have a personal connection with your dentist And can get in on short notice. o_O

No worries, im not trying that one again. Just gonna wait until tuesday LOL. Funny my jewler said almost the exact same thing " i hope youre as acquainted with your dentist as you are with me, bring the stuff in before you hurt yourself too much"
He did say that based on the photos ive shown him they dont appear cz, especially compared next to a cz, but he said it could also be literally anything else other than cz and rhinestone- and having a couple confirmed diamonds doesnt mean its ALL legit, which is understandable.

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That Pinterest post is some kind of unfortunate mash-up. The pearl-accented poodle pin is on Ross-Simons website (albeit sold out), with no Schlumberger attribution:

I can now confidently say that the teddy pear brooch, with the baby bear dangling, is a Carolee costume jewelry piece from ~ early 90's. I smiled when I saw it because my niece (then in grade school) was so proud that she found the "perfect Christmas present for Grandma", my mother who collected antique teddy bears

I was able to find tonight both the plain pin (like the one my niece gave my mom) and one like yours, but in better condition, on eBay:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That Pinterest post is some kind of unfortunate mash-up. The pearl-accented poodle pin is on Ross-Simons website (albeit sold out), with no Schlumberger attribution:

I can now confidently say that the teddy pear brooch, with the baby bear dangling, is a Carolee costume jewelry piece from ~ early 90's.. I smiled when I saw it because my niece (then in grade school) was so proud that she found the "perfect Christmas present for Grandma", my mother who collected antique teddy bears

I was able to find tonight both the plain pin (like the one my niece gave my mom) and the one like yours, but in better condition, on eBay:

Quick searches have all quickly and easily disproved OPs ideas. And yet she is entirely unwilling to accept reality.

Elizabethhunts

Rough_Rock

I can now confidently say that the teddy pear brooch, with the baby bear dangling, is a Carolee costume jewelry piece from ~ early 90's. I smiled when I saw it because my niece (then in grade school) was so proud that she found the "perfect Christmas present for Grandma", my mother who collected antique teddy bears

I was able to find tonight both the plain pin (like the one my niece gave my mom) and one like yours, but in better condition, on eBay:

But those are clearly marked carol lee, so is this just "unmarked" by the same artist? And they look very similar, almost exact, but the back is completely different from both of those. Ive seen these before and tried to confirm them as carol( at least in the case of the teddy bear) i thought was adorable, one of the first things i noticed, and researched it far before i made any connection between the items and hattie.
Also, i love that you have a memory with the teddy, i have many pieces of my own that are purely sentimental, such as the tourist pennies, remember those? I have one from the grand canyon from when i was really little still.

Elizabethhunts

Rough_Rock
Okay guys i promise this is the last time ill bug you all. Mystery stone to the right and the cz on the left. These stones just seem to swallow all color and light like a black hole. Light only escapes from the sides 15933197762431007795156997171402.jpg

Attachments

• 20200627_214505.jpg
    20200627_214505.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 22

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
Definitely looks like a CZ to me. And a badly cut one at that. I am sorry but there is no way these are diamonds. We are not trying to be mean or put you down or belittle you. We just want to talk some sense into what seems like a rabbit hole you are burrowing yourself into. With how excited you seem to be, you will probably just end up disappointed in the end and we are trying to relieve you of some grief.

Emerald City

Shiny_Rock
Amidst all of the... interesting things in this thread, I am amazed at the whole crushing-CZ-with-pliers bit. And teeth. I mean... Why? Why?

I don't know what to say anymore. People have kindly and patiently searched out your pieces and discovered the provenance of most of the ones pictured. Yet you ignore those posts and refuse to answer the many questions posed to you. Those are not diamonds in the teddy bear or the poodle. Holy smokes.

I believe you seek attention and for that reason, I must bow out of this madness.

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock
Take one of the mystery stones and put it face down on a newspaper. Can you read through it?

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like vintage costume jewelry! It's what I can afford and what I wear. Nice vintage pieces can easily be worth $10 - $200.

Please stop taking the stones out of these. You're damaging nice pieces which have beauty and value to someone no matter what they're made of. In your hunt to prove its diamond you're destroying pretty things someone, like me, may love to own and wear.

Be patient. Get them tested on Tuesday. And then love them for what they are, whatever that may be.

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have absolutely no idea why I read this thread from start to finish - I got sucked in like a vortex.

OP, I’m a daydreamer and could easily wile away hours dreaming the back stories of old pieces; it’s romantic and intriguing. But I would take the advise of Rhea: have fun dreaming and enjoy the pieces for what they are. If you really think you’ve struck lucky, have the appointment you’ve booked with a professional valuer/assessor, but please trust and be guided by their conclusions on the provenance of your find. Your logic seems a little disjointed and I fear you’ll just disregard their opinion and remain caught up in what is most likely your own daydream.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like vintage costume jewelry! It's what I can afford and what I wear. Nice vintage pieces can easily be worth $10 - $200.

Please stop taking the stones out of these. You're damaging nice pieces which have beauty and value to someone no matter what they're made of. In your hunt to prove its diamond you're destroying pretty things someone, like me, may love to own and wear.

Be patient. Get them tested on Tuesday. And then love them for what they are, whatever that may be.

I agree with you @Rhea

Just because something is not worth a zillion dollars does not make in undesirable or uncollectable

As nice as it would be for Elizabeth's collection to be brimming with real diamonds if its not, it may still have some value cleaned up and sold piece by piece

Please don't break up any more of it

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s a seductive daydream - finding special things in unexpected places and as the finder of an actual gem hoard a few years ago, it can be real.
However, this post makes little sense.

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
Okay guys i promise this is the last time ill bug you all. Mystery stone to the right and the cz on the left. These stones just seem to swallow all color and light like a black hole. Light only escapes from the sides 15933197762431007795156997171402.jpg

That's because they are poorly cut, either glass or cz. They are NOT diamond.

I have to say I don't understand at all. Then, as now, factories made both branded and unbranded generic costume jewelry. The lack of a Hallmark does not make a piece a valuable one of a kind. It is still costume jewelry, signed or not, and to go from "it's Carolee" to "it's unattributed, previously unknown Schlumberger original" is indeed insane.

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
Also, these methods of "testing" things are equally crazy. Stop hurting yourself with various invalid "testing methods" and citing Pinterest as a source of truth.

For the rest of us, we need to back away slowly as trying to convince us is apparently causing the OP to ruin her dentition and injure herself. I hope the jeweler who is making these jokes knows what he is apparently encouraging.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you want to say these are from the estate of this Hattie Carnegie, what are you basing it o? Did you buy it from her or a relative, found in the house where Hattie used to live, there is personal correspondence? What you are doing is a huge leap. You need to establish provenance, an unbroken line from original person to this person to you. My grandmother was a huge lover of costume jewelry, in fact had pieces that were much more detailed. Some had makers marks some did not. But overall you can at estate sales get similar collections many times over due to the love of costume during that time period (40s-70s), and yes costume was modeled or inspired from real designer jewelry. The diamond chains look like stuff my sister and I had back in the 80s (rhinestones). Also if it is real "original" Hattie cargenue pieces, you are ruining the value of the piece by removing stones. Also even though diamonds are hard they can certainly break by what you are doing. So what you doing is nonsensical. I know how it feels. My ex had a big bass drum with a painting on it, sillouette of a couple kissing. We freaked out when we saw a picture of an old time famous jazz musician have the same drum in the background of a photo. But then we realiz d it was 99% likely a fan made a drum as a homage. Oh well. I think everyone would like to know the outcome, either way, as this is an educational forum and would love to know what you found out.

kah42

Shiny_Rock
No worries, im not trying that one again. Just gonna wait until tuesday LOL. Funny my jewler said almost the exact same thing " i hope youre as acquainted with your dentist as you are with me, bring the stuff in before you hurt yourself too much"
He did say that based on the photos ive shown him they dont appear cz, especially compared next to a cz, but he said it could also be literally anything else other than cz and rhinestone- and having a couple confirmed diamonds doesnt mean its ALL legit, which is understandable.

@Elizabethhunts what did your jeweler say yesterday? I'm curious to hear what you found out.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good luck with your project!

MjK1

Shiny_Rock
What the ever-loving lord did I just read? Did this ever get resolved? Is there another thread?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results