shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help, found destroyed antique diamonds

Elizabethhunts

Rough_Rock
The diamond encrested poodle and teddy brooch were most likely works of jean, but i have to have someone evaluate everything. There may be more designer works in here. I wouldnt know, but thanks to all of your help, i can now have her possesions properly looked at, repaired and restored.
And then like i said; make sure her legact of design lives on, at least in my heart.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will reply to you as an update. I have custom cartier and jean schlumberger pieces. Both worked alongside hattie, hattie bought jeans company in 1962. Ill attach a few photos. But since im already in contact with people who know these designers and their affiliatiom with Hattie, the mystery is solved. Thanks anyhow! 15933067379053505816110067489762.jpg image-20200627_161553.jpg

wait. you think these are custom cartier and schumberger? Because if so, you are sorely mistaken. These are just more costume jewelry worth very very little. You have worked yourself into believing this entire false narrative that from the outside is nonsensical. The "proof" you have only further demonstrates that you are wrong. If you have ever bought diamonds, you would know these aren't diamonds.

Elizabethhunts

Rough_Rock
wait. you think these are custom cartier and schumberger? Because if so, you are sorely mistaken. These are just more costume jewelry worth very very little. You have worked yourself into believing this entire false narrative that from the outside is nonsensical. The "proof" you have only further demonstrates that you are wrong. If you have ever bought diamonds, you would know these aren't diamonds.

Would you like to see the rings as well? Theyre gorgeous. Insane even. Yes i think these are schlumberger rings they are so much alike in style and stone selection its uncanny. After all she was a client of his (i jad previously stated carnigies bought his brand name but it was a different designer i was thinking of, as well as the tottaly wrong year) the left three are most certainly his works. Same stones, same details, same styles. The farthest right, i have not had looked at, i actually just remembered that i had set it aside to research later 1593310347403355729205035418866.jpg
The bad news is that the items are very old, and upon air exposure, oxidation has begun. And i am now scared to clean it after seeing the destruction of one of the pearl strands.
There are actually many more rings of so many design i recognize, and dont. I honestly just dont even care enough to post them. Ive tested the stones at my jewler, contacted the proper outlets, your negativity is harming noone but you.

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
I do not understand how this went from (maybe) customized costume jewelry to thinking you now have Cartier or Chanel pieces....displayed on what looks like a plastic dollar store earring card. Even if a designer worked for both companies at some point...a Hattie Carnegie piece is not in any way Cartier.

The rings you just posted...are they marked Hattie Carnegie? Do they have gold markings...14k, 18k etc?

Last edited:

Elizabethhunts

Rough_Rock
This is most certainly his eye and handiwork.
Let me grab the poodle brooch and teddy bear, those are insane pieces as well. I think hattie had the poodle requested, her company logo was a black poodle if i remember correctly

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20200627-191938_Samsung Internet.jpg
    SmartSelect_20200627-191938_Samsung Internet.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 14
  • SmartSelect_20200627-191856_Samsung Internet.jpg
    SmartSelect_20200627-191856_Samsung Internet.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 14
  • SmartSelect_20200627-191827_Samsung Internet.jpg
    SmartSelect_20200627-191827_Samsung Internet.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 16
  • SmartSelect_20200627-155555_Samsung Internet.jpg
    SmartSelect_20200627-155555_Samsung Internet.jpg
    394.6 KB · Views: 13
  • SmartSelect_20200627-155455_Samsung Internet.jpg
    SmartSelect_20200627-155455_Samsung Internet.jpg
    566.9 KB · Views: 12
  • SmartSelect_20200627-155341_Samsung Internet.jpg
    SmartSelect_20200627-155341_Samsung Internet.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 13
  • SmartSelect_20200627-161536_Samsung Internet.jpg
    SmartSelect_20200627-161536_Samsung Internet.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 13

Emerald City

Shiny_Rock
No one in this thread has been negative. Not one person. In fact, people have been encouraging, saying that if you have a real find, then go hog wild and even offering to help you plan a vacation, which takes a lot of work and is kind of a thankless job.

What people have done is ask very careful and direct questions, none of which you have answered. You conflate people wanting to know the why and how of your conclusions with being negative. That is a disturbing, overly emotional, and frankly immature response to people who are concerned as to why you are claiming the things you are claiming.

The things you are claiming have evolved over the course of this thread, which 99.9% of the time points to some dishonesty. I'm not impressed with how you're using this forum and treating the people on it, all of whom have been nothing but helpful and kind in my personal interactions here on PS. PS values honesty almost more than diamonds. You should consider that before posting.

Last edited:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is most certainly his eye and handiwork.
Let me grab the poodle brooch and teddy bear, those are insane pieces as well. I think hattie had the poodle requested, her company logo was a black poodle if i remember correctly

do you honestly not see the difference between the schlumberger pics you posted and the random dollar store scrap you posted above? How could you conceivably think they are by the same person? I continue to be worried for you and extremely confused about how you came to these unfounded conclusions without a shred of realism to any of them.

Elizabethhunts

Rough_Rock
The details in these two 15933115055817782647880257580089.jpg pins are so immaculate it makes me dizzy. The poodles tail is vented through the back. Evry other stone is vented from the front.
These arent glued in, they are set. Even the teddy bears, teddy bear has vented eye settings, turned slightly uo to allow light in 15933117193968527726013835875049.jpg

Attachments

• 15933118284853947937228326865229.jpg
    15933118284853947937228326865229.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 18

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The details in these two 15933115055817782647880257580089.jpg pins are so immaculate it makes me dizzy. The poodles tail is vented through the back. Evry other stone is vented from the front.

these are just scrap with rhinestones. Not fine jewelry. Costume jewelry can be detailed and pretty, but that doesn't make it valuable or belonging to some heiress.

Elizabethhunts

Rough_Rock
these are just scrap with rhinestones. Not fine jewelry. Costume jewelry can be detailed and pretty, but that doesn't make it valuable or belonging to some heiress.

I understand your skepticism, i do. Which is why i contacted my jewler for the loose stones and someone versed in designer for these unknown but insanely ornate pieces.
Who would vent rhinestones so meticulously?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I understand your skepticism, i do. Which is why i contacted my jewler for the loose stones and someone versed in designer for these unknown but insanely ornate pieces.
Who would vent rhinestones so meticulously?

lots of people. Like I said, costume jewelry can be pretty and detailed. But it isn't valuable.

Elizabethhunts

Rough_Rock
The "cartier" bracelet ive referenced has clear tooling marks on the back as well, which raised my suspiciouns even more so when i couldnt find a similar bracelet anywhere. The design expert has requested i have those stones tested as well to at least confirm a reason to investigate further. I am trying to pick another piece i believe to be full gold as well to have tested to confirm my suspicions that they arent plated. Working on that.

Elizabethhunts

Rough_Rock
I do not understand how this went from (maybe) customized costume jewelry to thinking you now have Cartier or Chanel pieces....displayed on what looks like a plastic dollar store earring card. Even if a designer worked for both companies at some point...a Hattie Carnegie piece is not in any way Cartier.

The rings you just posted...are they marked Hattie Carnegie? Do they have gold markings...14k, 18k etc?

They are entirely unmarked, but obviously not rhinestones, there is scraping in the rings, and they dont appear plated, the color under the markings is still gold. 15933123350815234869915753018578.jpg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The "cartier" bracelet ive referenced has clear tooling marks on the back as well, which raised my suspiciouns even more so when i couldnt find a similar bracelet anywhere. The design expert has requested i have those stones tested as well to at least confirm a reason to investigate further. I am trying to pick another piece i believe to be full gold as well to have tested to confirm my suspicions that they arent plated. Working on that.

All you are doing here is wasting your time and the time of professionals. That bracelet is ABSOLUTELY, 100% not cartier or any other designer. It is CZ or rhinestone and plated random metal. I suggest you consider why you feel the need to fabricate these stories to random people on the internet who have clearly proven you wrong multiple times.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are entirely unmarked, but obviously not rhinestones, there is scraping in the rings, and they dont appear plated, the color under the markings is still gold. 15933123350815234869915753018578.jpg

They ARE rhinestones or CZ. The fact that you can't accept clearly presented truth is troubling. The color doesn't make any sense for gold. It isn't gold. If it were gold it would be marked. I am so confused about how you don't understand facts or refuse to accept them.

Elizabethhunts

Rough_Rock
All you are doing here is wasting your time and the time of professionals. That bracelet is ABSOLUTELY, 100% not cartier or any other designer. It is CZ or rhinestone and plated random metal. I suggest you consider why you feel the need to fabricate these stories to random people on the internet who have clearly proven you wrong multiple times.

How have i been proven wrong? Arent we just engaged in polite discussion? I do not care to convince you guys of anything.
They ARE rhinestones or CZ. The fact that you can't accept clearly presented truth is troubling. The color doesn't make any sense for gold. It isn't gold. If it were gold it would be marked. I am so confused about how you don't understand facts or refuse to accept them.
I dont know what to tell you, there aren't marked, i almost put them in my junk drawer. I only went back because of the bracelet, also unmarked, gold colored since i wont declare it gold, scuffed, and the same metal all the way through. What color would you consider this? Whatever it is, its the same metal all the way through at least on the ornate rings that i could check.
I sincerely apoligize that my curiosity into this is upsetting you. I honestly think i may just abandon this thread. I made this post to find help with old "royal jewels" and after doing more research and speaking with yoh all and looking even closer at the pieces i realized this very well may be hatties stuff. And if it is, i want it handled right.
I dont feel like im wasting the time of professionals with a polite email. In fact, the collector i was able to get a reply is thrilled to see if this might be legit. Because if it is, how cool. A part of designer history. Resurfacing.
A handful of photos and preliminary tests for stones and metal.
Then the fun stuff if this junk drawer lot can pass the "designer" test

Last edited:

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
Honestly I don’t think those pins look great...the stones look glued in...not set like diamonds. A quick google search turns up much better quality rhinestone pieces than these. They are cute...enjoy them for what they are.

You can expect any jewelry made in the era you think this was would be marked if it was gold. I have seen some much older pieces unmarked but anything modern should be.

I expect the base metal of those rings is not well finished before plating so what you think are scratches showing underlying gold are really flaws that have been plated over as one would expect in such pieces.
Go ahead and saw at it with a serrated knife...if it’s gold and makes gouges you can fix it. If it’s plated you will find out soon enough.

I’m afraid I can’t follow you Any farther down this rabbit hole as you seem unwilling to accept what is the very likely reality for these pieces. Good luck.

Last edited:

Elizabethhunts

Rough_Rock
I will be sure to do that. For my mental health. Like you said, it its gold all the way through. Maybe a thin one so it stings less as i cut something that may be timeless.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Folks, stop reporting this thread. If you don’t like what is being said, feel free to walk on by and stop posting in it.

Elizabethhunts

Rough_Rock
For reference here are two poodles confirmed as jeans, unsure of marking status SmartSelect_20200627-200815_Samsung Internet.jpg SmartSelect_20200627-201010_Samsung Internet.jpg

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
I will be sure to do that. For my mental health. Like you said, it its gold all the way through. Maybe a thin one so it stings less as i cut something that may be timeless.

Well now i feel bad about saying that. Just use your acid test kit. If you do decide to cut it I would recommend your jewelers saw. again if it is gold it’s easily repairable.

Emerald City

Shiny_Rock
I am dumbfounded. You really think the teddy bear and poodle are encrusted with diamonds? Am I understanding that correctly?

Those aren't diamonds. They don't have the look of diamonds and they are set wonkily. The gold has that classic orange-y "fake costume" colour and sheen.

I am far from the first to point these things out. By all means, take them to a jeweler or pawn shop. But be prepared to be disappointed.

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
Neither of those poodles are confirmed to be Schlumberger or even advertised as potentially being a Schlumberger piece.

There's nothing about them consistent in any way with known work.

Elizabethhunts

Rough_Rock
Neither of those poodles are confirmed to be Schlumberger or even advertised as potentially being a Schlumberger piece.

There's nothing about them consistent in any way with known work.
Uhhhh SmartSelect_20200627-203841_Samsung Internet.jpg

Elizabethhunts

Rough_Rock
For your peace of mind I would suggest taking these to a pawn shop or expert to get verified ASAP. After you’ve done that please report back!

Yes! Im ready to just have this all concluded. I have an appointment tuesday to verify the stones on the bracelet and pins, as well as the metals of a few different pieces. Being on a personal level with your jeweler has its perks. I got the consult fee waived. After I texted photos of the pins and he was intrigued as well to the ornate nature, and the "setting" of whatever these shiny things test to be.

Elizabethhunts

Rough_Rock
I am dumbfounded. You really think the teddy bear and poodle are encrusted with diamonds? Am I understanding that correctly?

Those aren't diamonds. They don't have the look of diamonds and they are set wonkily. The gold has that classic orange-y "fake costume" colour and sheen.

I am far from the first to point these things out. By all means, take them to a jeweler or pawn shop. But be prepared to be disappointed.
An 15933158849816356541967257603721.jpg actual rhinestone i can break with my teeth on the left. A mystery stone on the right. I cannot bite through the right thing, whatever it is.
In fact, the mystery stones have cut my hands horribly while cleaning, but i cannot even chip one.
Ive also compared this to a cz that i was able to crush with a pair of light grips

Elizabethhunts

Rough_Rock
The middle stone is my confirmed cz, the rest are untested. Cant break them. But they can sure as hell hurt me.

Attachments

• 15933162839808893564475769010877.jpg
    15933162839808893564475769010877.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 15
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results