shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help, found destroyed antique diamonds

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m done here. Good luck, I hope you are a new millionaire! Have fun with your new found Hattie Carnegie fourtune. :cheeky:

After you get the appraisals, you need to get insurance on the collection.

Last edited:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This has gotten much stranger since I checked yesterday. None of the things you are saying make sense. This is costume jewelry, not some famous person's collection. These are not diamonds or precious stones.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This has gotten much stranger since I checked yesterday. None of the things you are saying make sense. This is costume jewelry, not some famous person's collection. These are not diamonds or precious stones.

I think this ship has sailed. Bye, ship!

It’s not even what is considered the best of the Hattie carnegie collection of costume (fake jewelry).

Half of it probably isn’t Hattie Carnegie anyway, but I doubt at this point we can convince OP of this.

So all we can say is good luck with the appraisals, get the appraisal in writing, get it insured and I hope you didn’t pay more than $15 for the lot.

Mekp

Shiny_Rock
Tldr; i purchased a hattie carnegie's personal and crafting jewelry, as well as some of her handmade work.

UPDATE:
I now present to you all..
Hattie Carnegie's personal jewelry.
Her iconic pearls 20200623_133632.jpg
The diamonds she was using to make jewelry (she was know to take fine jewelery and mix it with costume) 20200626_084244.jpg
Her ring boastimg her favorote color, carnegie blue image-20200626_190153.jpg

What seems to be a fully handmade trinket by her, a tiny wooden box fashioned into a vanity, adorned with real gemstones.
Yes the diamonds are real.
She was known to use fine jewelry to design and create her own costuke jewelry. Which her husband John then pushed her to develop her own line of it. Which she did. 20200627_002507.jpg
And a pendant that seems to be the basis of her entire crystal elephant series. 20200626_232754.jpg
Now i need to figure out what to do. These handmade pieces are priceless. I cant refine or sell her hand done work. Even the diamonds i suddenly feel strange about. I have brooches in the shape of a poodle (her brand logo and favorite animal) and a teddy bear holding a teddy bear entirely encrested with diamonds. The poodle has ruby eyes. And the bear emerald. These were most definitely handmade by her. Im overwhelmed.
[/QUOTE]

You can't be serious.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Every now and again we get a poster who for some unknown reason thinks Hattie Carnegie poor quality costume is valuable.

It might be collectible for small amounts and the fun of a 50s era crystal brooch, but that’s about it.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think this ship has sailed. Bye, ship!

It’s not even what is considered the best of the Hattie carnegie collection of costume (fake jewelry).

Half of it probably isn’t Hattie Carnegie anyway, but I doubt at this point we can convince OP of this.

So all we can say is good luck with the appraisals, get the appraisal in writing, get it insured and I hope you didn’t pay more than $15 for the lot.

Bye, ship made me lol. Yes, some is made by Hattie Carnegie (which proves the point that its costume jewelry since that's what she made), and others are just scrap. Agree that hopefully OP didnt pay more than 15 for the lot.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She wasn’t even a Carnegie, as in from the famous Carnegie Family. Her name was Henrietta Kanengeiser. She assumed the name Carnegie to sound more famous. So basically, she was a poser. Lol

Except her company was relatively profitable for the time.

Elizabethhunts

Rough_Rock
Yes, they are. Old mine cuts, picked from older rings, the georgian piece pictured, and other various older fine jewelry pieces.

Elizabethhunts

Rough_Rock
Im not sure who "he" is. But the pearls werent made by her per say, they were hers. John, her third husband lurchssed the three strand she is seen wearing in photos when they got hitched.
This was her craft stuff.
Im really not here to prove this all to you guys, i thought this was a place to share diamond finds, and i figured this was a find.
No she wasnt a carnegie by birth but she was a brilliant designer. Actually i knew nothing of her works until one of you directed me to her stuff. The diamonds i had verified this morning. Ive contacted a memoriam in reference to her pearls and other trinkets .
I want to thank whoever referred me to look deeper into her works..... i would have never put the pieces together without that
And honestly, after i square away the diamonds, i do plan on continuing her work. My original plan was to harvest the stones amd metals for jewelry making, which is what she was doing as well.
I wish you all the best!

Elizabethhunts

Rough_Rock
those are the fingers of a woman who has spent three whole days cleaning 60 year old jewelry LOL! Im proud of those wrecked cuticles.
And if i may ask, didnt she marry a Carnegie and then assume the name?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sorry for you, and honestly worried about your mental health. You quite clearly have nothing of value here, yet have somehow convinced yourself you are in possession of a famous person's personal jewelry. We have shown you that the pieces are costume. They arent diamonds and they arent valuable. None of it is precious stones. The "mystery blue " one you posted is a topaz, and a heavily treated one.

Mekp

Shiny_Rock
I want to echo what Lovedogs said. I am hoping you think this is a funny prank.
I am also concerned about your well being. Maybe step away from the stones for a few days.

What do your friends/family think?

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
those are the fingers of a woman who has spent three whole days cleaning 60 year old jewelry LOL! Im proud of those wrecked cuticles.
And if i may ask, didnt she marry a Carnegie and then assume the name?
No, according to Wikipedia, "she had taken the surname Carnegie as an homage to Andrew Carnegie, the richest man in the United States at the time." She was married three times but never to a Carnegie.

Elizabethhunts

Rough_Rock
I mean you are all right! It is costume jewelry! Most if it is anyways, thats what hattie did. She took costume jewelry and used fine jewelry to make it her own. Im aware i look like a raving lunatic. The pearls were verified last week, although some of the strands are ruined beyond repair.
I realize that this is all insanely farfetched sounding. And i will not try and convince you guys any further. I have racked my brain wondering why someone took the rhinestones out of a pair of Lisner earrings, and replaced them with diamonds. Who would do something so ridiculous?
Hattie apperently.
Thank you all for expressing genuine concern for my mental health, i know your hearts are in thenright places.

Elizabethhunts

Rough_Rock
No, according to Wikipedia, "she had taken the surname Carnegie as an homage to Andrew Carnegie, the richest man in the United States at the time." She was married three times but never to a Carnegie.

I see! So she was literally a poser. How interesting. I wonder if her brand would have done as well under her actual surname? Her lack of children and a legacy is a bit heartbreaking. I hope to verify her handworkings even more than i ever hopednto verify her diamonds. She was one tough businesswoman

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please take some time away from this and recognize what you are saying is irrational. You cannot prove any of it, and it frankly makes no sense. I assume people in your life will tell you the same if you try to convince them of any of this.

Elizabethhunts

Rough_Rock
Please take some time away from this and recognize what you are saying is irrational. You cannot prove any of it, and it frankly makes no sense. I assume people in your life will tell you the same if you try to convince them of any of this.

Actually. Anyone who has seen the stones in person has told me to have them checked and appraised. My mother found a ring in the bunch that is identical to her mothers wedding ring.
EDIT: Although i greatly appreciate your words of concern

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I see! So she was literally a poser. How interesting. I wonder if her brand would have done as well under her actual surname? Her lack of children and a legacy is a bit heartbreaking. I hope to verify her handworkings even more than i ever hopednto verify her diamonds. She was one tough businesswoman
I don't know if I would call her a poser. Ralph Lauren's real name is Ralph Lifshitz. Do you think his brand would be as big as it is if he had used his real last name? It's all about creating an image and aura. These two have both done that well.

Elizabethhunts

Rough_Rock
Funny enough?? I have a piece of his old work in this bunch as well. No alterations, just a very basic silver ralph lauren piece. Ugly as hell honestly. My mother would wear it.
Probably not, Lifshitz sounds like an indigestion medication if were being honest. Ralph Lauren has a ring to it.

Elizabethhunts

Rough_Rock
I want to echo what Lovedogs said. I am hoping you think this is a funny prank.
I am also concerned about your well being. Maybe step away from the stones for a few days.

What do your friends/family think?

My mother picked out a diamond ring she wanted, and my sister has requested the black pearls. My friends told me not to post about it on the internet and to stash the money and hock everything. My significant other is the sceptic in the bunch, so mixed signals i guess?

Elizabethhunts

Rough_Rock
When i have my jeweler dismember the georgian pieces, i will post some comparisons from the old mind cuts that are foil backed to the transition cuts that arent foil backed. As well as anything else i can verify. For now, the only thing confirmed is the diamonds and pearls, i have not confirmed that the altered pieces were indeed altered. That is the next step. But as one of you mentioned, i do need to step back a little, its easy to be consumed by a mystery, and i have a two year old that destroys my home as a career choice, so today will probably be a cleaning day.

Elizabethhunts

Rough_Rock
They are of mixed cuts the jeweler said, the loose stones came from all different pieces. And he would only verify for free, to have them examined i will have to pay

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results