shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help find oval diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

abbott

Shiny_Rock
Hi.. I'm looking for oval diamond, 2+/- ct., f-g color, VS2, very good cut,
no bow tie. Will someone please locate a good, quality stone for me?? I have between $9-12K for a stone. I want a stone with alot of fire. I have a round brillant, would a princess cut give more fire than the oval?? Princess would be my 2nd choice. I lost my first oval due to a divorce (the judge made me give it back to my ex-husband.. he told the judge it was not an engagement/wedding ring.. but an investment.. Oh well, forget all of that... I now have the cash to buy my own ring.. Please help me to locate one..
Thanks!!!

sans

Rough_Rock
Click on this site; it allows you to search by all four C's -- including whether you prefer a premium, ideal, or ultra ideal cut on fancy shapes, which can be hard to judge, if not impossible, from numbers only.

I have an oval; I think the best look is below 60% table -- total depth doesn't tell you much because you don't know the depth/crown angle.

http://www.overnightdiamonds.com/default.htm

press "database" and input what you want. Hope this helps.

Rook

Shiny_Rock
This one may have potential. It is not a vs2 but some GIA si1's can be very good. Of course you will need more info, i.e. crown hgt and pav. dth. And you will need to see it to know for sure. Some stores can also find you diamonds that are not listed on their websites, and can sometimes get you a lot of info such as sarin, brilliantscope, ideal-scope, and actual pics.

Jewelryzone.com
item number 5841
2.06ct oval
G/SI1
depth 62.1%
table 57%
pol/sym g/g
fluo. none
culet none
girdle m-sltk
dimensions 10*6.94*4.31
GIA report
$11,369.00

I have never dealt with this comp. so I have no idea if they are good or not. Your price range seems a little low from some of the searches I have done. Also look on pricescope, under the pricestates option. Select a 1A oval, and compare the results. I have found a lot of so called 1A pears on here not to be 1A though.

Good luck and keep looking, I am sure you will find it. After almost 8 months of no luck looking for a pear, all of the sudden I have too many to choose from:wavey:

abbott

Shiny_Rock
What do you think about some of the ovals on this site?? www.drostes.com
This store is within driving distance. Thanks...

Tarams

Shiny_Rock
Rook, wouldn't those dimensions be off? 10 by almost 7? I thought an oval was like a marquise -width about half of length. Please correct me if I'm wrong!

Tarams

Shiny_Rock
Just checked Drostes.com. Put in your specs. Their prices seem to be higher than what you want to spend. I would stick with a reputable internet co.

Tarams

Shiny_Rock
1.97 Ov H VVS1 55.7 65 Very Good $12742.00 ME840897
2.24 Ov H SI1 64.3 56 Very Good $12779.00 ME310007

How do these sound? (Found at MyEnagagementRing.com)

abbott

Shiny_Rock
Tara.. I will look at the diamonds.. Keep shopping, you are on a mission.
Thanks!! Abbott

Rook

Shiny_Rock
If you look at the AGA guide to ovals, the suggested l/w ratio is 1.33:1 to 1.66:1. This is around 1.44:1 which is in the middle. Of course this is subjective.

See this website for some examples of l/w ratios
http://www.diamondinfo.com/index.php/html/main/diamondshapes.html

Also it has been my experiance (at least with pears) that you want to have at least a depth of 59-60% but no more than around 62%. Also try to have a table of 57-60% and a crown hgt of 13-14.5% in order to minimize the bowtie and give it some brilliance. Of course this is just a suggestion. You really need to see the diamond,(makes it a little harder to find good fancies on line.)

But I think if you start with good numbers, you have a better chance of having a good stone. Although a diamond with good numbers can be a bad stone, a diamond with bad numbers will unlikely be a good stone.

Tarams

Shiny_Rock
Ah, you're good! 1 thing though, I have a marquise that is cut too deep (69%) and it has no bowtie If there is one, it is BARELY noticeable. (I'm absolutely serious). So much for #'s when it comes to fancy shapes!

Oh, & Abbott, you really want more? If so, what did you like / dislike about those? (I wish i could be a personal diamond shopper!) Hey, any of you guys want to hire me? LOL!

Rook

Shiny_Rock
I stand corrected.

I am no expert on the subject. This is just my findings on searching for pears. I think a good percent of the times my statements will be accurate, but there are always the rear finds.

Tarams

Shiny_Rock
Oh, no, you are right! I just have one of those that doesn't follow the rules (kinda like me,:devil:LOL!)

sans

Rough_Rock
Abbot, look at this one on Good Old Gold. Listed is a microphoto of the diamond, the Sarin report, and the Brilliantscope image of it showing excellent light return, even though it's slightly smaller than you are seeking -- a bit of $ left over for the setting . F/VS2

It's difficult only looking at numbers, isn't it?

http://www.goodoldgold.com/oval_1_75ct_f_vs2.htm

abbott

Shiny_Rock
Thanks!!! The numbers do look good on this diamond.. The GIA report states that clouds and surface graining are not shown.. Does surface graining decrease the quality or fire of the diamond??

Rook

Shiny_Rock
The comments on a GIA report, are the result of the GIA being thorough. Anything mentioned under the comments will not effect the appearance or performance of the diamond.

I don't know if this is true for other comp. reports?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results