shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help evaluate this stone

cluelesscat

Rough_Rock
Hi All.
I've been able to gain some knowledge of diamond evaluation going through the forum but still very much a novice. It seems aside from a few vendors, most now don't supply ASET/ID images? Is there any good way to evaluate a stone's quality without these images? And if the stone comes with a AGS 0000 certification, how confident can I be of its overall quality? What do you think about this one? It has a nice looking computer generated ASET, at least to my untrained eye. What would be a fair price range? Thanks in advance!

GVVS2.JPG

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The stone has promising angles AND the computer generated light performance image is great. In general, AGS000 means it's probably a good choice. However, I would at least need an IRL image (from a website, etc) for my own peace of mind. Is that available?

cluelesscat

Rough_Rock
The stone has promising angles AND the computer generated light performance image is great. In general, AGS000 means it's probably a good choice. However, I would at least need an IRL image (from a website, etc) for my own peace of mind. Is that available?

Thanks for the feedback! What is an IRL image? I doubt they will have it but I will ask.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the feedback! What is an IRL image? I doubt they will have it but I will ask.

Any picture (from the website, or "real life"). I just wouldn't want to buy something I'd never seen

cluelesscat

Rough_Rock
oh yeah, haha. That makes sense. Let me see what I can get.

cluelesscat

Rough_Rock
I got sent this photo and I can't really reconcile the report and the "real thing" because it looks so much worse to me, or is this normal? I also see some black spots around 10 o'clock in the middle which are not marked in the report, although I don't know if they can be seen at 10x or if they're just dirty spots. Thanks to lovedogs for prompting me to seek out a real image.

Gvvs2image2.jpg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got sent this photo and I can't really reconcile the report and the "real thing" because it looks so much worse to me, or is this normal? I also see some black spots around 10 o'clock in the middle which are not marked in the report, although I don't know if they can be seen at 10x or if they're just dirty spots. Thanks to lovedogs for prompting me to seek out a real image.

Gvvs2image2.jpg

This really doesn't seem to match the report. @DejaWiz can you help? Your eyes are better than mine at this

cluelesscat

Rough_Rock
This really doesn't seem to match the report. @DejaWiz can you help? Your eyes are better than mine at this

Hi lovedogs, this was confirmed to be the wrong image. I just posted a link to the "correct" one. That one looks much better, I think.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

cluelesscat

Rough_Rock
Phew! What a relief. The correct image/video looks good!

Thanks for taking a look, lovedogs! Do you think I can do better with around a 10k budget? I also wonder if people ever check the inscription on their ring after receipt, especially if they feel the the finished product has not met expectations. Barring any intentional deceit, I suppose mix-ups can and do happen, and I have even heard of counterfeit inscriptions on some lab grown diamonds.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
MUCH better! You've got nothing to worry about...this diamond is a perfect 10 for cut precision and optical performance.
Grab it before someone else does!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Super Ideal for less than $10k. You can ask that the stone be set so the inscription is visible and have it checked by a jeweler
after you receive it.

The AGS000 you picked looks pretty nice but the video is a little hard to view. The color on the video is not good and makes
the stone look tinted...but I suspect is the video and not the stone.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Super Ideal for less than $10k. You can ask that the stone be set so the inscription is visible and have it checked by a jeweler
after you receive it.

The AGS000 you picked looks pretty nice but the video is a little hard to view. The color on the video is not good and makes

Beautiful option!

cluelesscat

Rough_Rock
after you receive it.

Thanks so much for the suggestion! I have heard good things about WF, too, and would feel comfortable with a stone from them. However, for this one, the inclusions being concentrated at the front of the table and "additional clouds not shown" statement makes me a little nervous, haha.

Is G color susceptible to tint? I was originally looking for F and higher because I worried about tinting, but from researching here, it appears G should be safe most of the time. I'm also actually checking out a F color diamond. Unfortunately, that one only has a GIA report, and I'm just not good enough to tell by the numbers alone.

Last edited:

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much for the suggestion! I have heard good things about WF, too, and would feel comfortable with a stone from them. However, for this one, the inclusions being concentrated at the front of the table and "additional clouds not shown" statement makes me a little nervous, haha.

Is G color susceptible to tint? I was originally looking for F and higher because I worried about tinting, but from researching here, it appears G should be safe most of the time. I'm also actually checking out a F color diamond. Unfortunately, that one only has a GIA report, and I'm just not good enough to tell by the numbers alone.

I'm not seeing any transparency issues in the videos and I really don't feel that the inclusion(s) under the table will be visible in normal everyday viewing conditions.
Definitely contact WF and ask them to assess it and provide you with additional videos.
They'll have no problem providing you any info that you desire.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I dont think there would be anything visible in this stone and if you look at the "Brilliance" video you can see that the stone
is clear and crisp. However, you can ask the SA if they see anything or if the clouds affect the stone. You can also ask WF
for pictures of the stone along side of other stones to see if you notice anything. ACAs are highly vetted and stones that
dont meet the strict guidelines wont make the cut (no pun intended).

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
I'm actually a bit surprised that WF stone got ACA. The chevrons are kinda wonky

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
@DejaWiz , nothing alarming, but more inconsistency than I’d expect in an ACA IMG_0175.jpeg

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
after you receive it.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
@DejaWiz , nothing alarming, but more inconsistency than I’d expect in an ACA IMG_0175.jpeg

I see a veeeeery slight spiral effect in the center where the chevron tips converge...that may be an indication that the diamond is ever so slightly tilted when the photo was taken.

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
I see a veeeeery slight spiral effect in the center where the chevron tips converge...that may be an indication that the diamond is ever so slightly tilted when the photo was taken.

Thanks for saying that! That's what I was wondering also

cluelesscat

Rough_Rock
An overdue update! I did decide to get the diamond considering the generally positive feedback (and DejaWiz telling me to grab it haha). It also ended up well below my budget, so I figured it should be a safe purchase and good learning experience. I think it looks lovely, but unfortunately, since I don't know how to take good photos of a diamond I don't have much to share. I did get one of these $5 viewers to play with and captured these amateur photos. I'm not sure how useful they are since the reports already confirmed a good cut, but it was fun! I was also able to confirm the girdle inscriptions using my own microscope.

1687996860533.jpeg
1687998941563.jpeg
1687996905720.jpeg

I will now find a good ring setting for it and any advice is much welcome! But I still feel like I find colored stones more intriguing :). I will hop over to the other forum for suggestions for another purchase! Thank you for the help!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results