shape
carat
color
clarity

PLEASE HELP - Double Halo Size

pinkiepeach

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

So I am in the middle of having my e-ring made and it is turning out to be a stressful time rather than romantic and exciting as I had hoped. :(( I want a double halo around my 10.6x8.4 stone. I know for some people this is too big however I just love Andi from the Bachelor's ring and would be happy with that size. (unfortunately I cannot find any info on the overall size - I believe her diamond is approx 10x8 in dimension)

My setting will be rose gold and I want the halo's as "tightly packed" and showing little rose gold if possible. My jeweller has said the half pointers are too small and recommends 1 pointers with a micro pave setting. This however gives an overall size of 20mm x 17mm. This sounds huge to me and I certainly don't want it to look like costume jewellery. Also is that the best way to set the halo diamonds to make them more blingy?

I would appreciate any information or advice on the halo and size and setting if anyone can help. The ring needs to be finalised this week in order to have it made in time.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is most likely that your jeweler did not recommend one pointers because 1/2 pointers are too small.

He recommend one pointers because he does not have the skill to set a 1/2 point halo.

I have a half point halo. And I used to have a one point halo. And for a double halo, on an 8x10 stone, 1/2 pointers are perfect. Or you can do 1/2 pointers on the inner halo, and slightly larger on the outside halo, BUT STILL UNDER A POINT.

Most, and I do mean MOST, jewelers do not have the skill to set a 1/2 point halo.

You should work with a jeweler who actually has the skill to do what you want. I would recommend Steven Kirsch or Victor Canera.

pinkiepeach

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much Gypsy for your reply. I am in Australia unfortunately, I was just always drawn back to this page for ideas, tips, info etc so hoped someone here might be able to shed a little light for me.

Do you think pave (micro shared) will give me the look I want with little metal showing? She advised that the half pointers are so small the metal would take over? I have also been advised that my options are either half or 1 pointers...am I right in thinking there is 3/4 pointers?

Thank you again. :)

ADN

Shiny_Rock
Trade
pinkiepeach|1448425383|3953877 said:
Thank you so much Gypsy for your reply. I am in Australia unfortunately, I was just always drawn back to this page for ideas, tips, info etc so hoped someone here might be able to shed a little light for me.

Do you think pave (micro shared) will give me the look I want with little metal showing? She advised that the half pointers are so small the metal would take over? I have also been advised that my options are either half or 1 pointers...am I right in thinking there is 3/4 pointers?

Hi pinkiepeach - you can get a few sizes under .01ct - - ask your jeweller for .008-.009 (called 120 per carat) or .007 (called 150 per carat) - - both of these sizes are between 1pointers (100 per carat) and 1/2 pointers (200 per carat).
Please don't just dismiss what they are saying as they have likely made many of these types of rings and are basing their opinion on experience and customer feedback rather than lack of skill. Just ask them to clarify their reasoning. Ultimately go with what you want for your ring as you are the one that will be wearing it every day, and if they are not able to help you, maybe you'll need to go elsewhere.
Hope this helps

pinkiepeach

Rough_Rock
Hi ADN,
Thanks for your response. I do appreciate their opinion and experience; I have just been left frustrated with the lack of info being given to me. But your response was really helpful, thank you; I will ask about the 008-.009 (called 120 per carat) or .007 (called 150 per carat) and hopefully one of those will be the answer.
:)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
pinkiepeach|1448425383|3953877 said:

This just confirms that it is lack of skill for me.

I have a perfectly set, no metal showing halo in 1/2 pointers by Steven Kirsch.

Layla%20Steven%20Reset%20close%20up_0.jpg

See? No metal.

It's not the size of the melee at all. It's the skill of the bench and the type of pave. They have no idea how to give you what you want.

As for being in Australia, not a problem.

Call Victor Canera. He can work with you to get your stone here to him, set it, and get it back to you. We have people do it all the time. Seriously.

Alternately, he might be willing to make the setting for you with full scan of the stone measurements (if it's a fancy the lab report isn't enough) and send it to you and you can have your stone set there.

Please trust me when I say that the problem here is the skill of the bench, and you will not be happy if you go with them.

I've seen it time and time again. If you want to work with an Aussie jeweler please contact Gary Holloway for bench recommendations.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
https://www.pricescope.com/blog/jewel-week-jaw-dropping-5-carat-august-vintage-cushion-diamond-ring It's 5 carat stone in a Steven Kirsch setting. You would have to ask Mom2boys her melee size. I think hers is perfect for your double halo. It might be a one point halo. I can't find stats on it.

Here's a rose gold halo. Brilliantly Engaged (formerly ERD) also has a gret handforged pave bench. [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-gorgeous-dainty-erd-rose-gold-halo-omb.191094/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-gorgeous-dainty-erd-rose-gold-halo-omb.191094/[/URL]
I'm thinking this is 1/2 pointers on a 8.37 x 8.8 x 5.48. Again, barely any metal.

It is the skill of the bench.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results